Wanted: Steel Maverick IC (closed)

To whom it may concern-

It is this very day where I cut my loyalties to that of the horde and become a soldier of fortune to those in need,this day I wave the banner of neutrality. We've fought together as brothers and sisters in battle with petty differences set aside and were able to defeat the Burning Legion,yet here we are once again at each other's throats continuing this asinine,childish squabble as though nothing ever happened. The idea was to once more reunite and make Azeroth a safe place to inhabit once more yet the dogs of war appear to have an unnecessarily insatiable appetite as it had been shown by both parties including your alleged warchief. Her intentions have always come off as unscrupulous to me but now it's clear she only serves herself and I cannot stand by and watch innocents die for HER war. Should those who see this be in dire straits,feel as though they're losing hope,seek me out for those who wish to pursue me as a common criminal then I say bring it on,you only run to your death.

The letter closed with a rather unique black wax seal with crossed swords with a pen name marked "The Steel Maverick"

Damalys thought back on this letter from his hiding spot placing the goggles to his eyes and mask to his face Snytz,I hope this info you found me was right,if there really is wanted posters out there,it could be a trap. If not,these supplies could be ideal to any refugees who were caught in this mess. I wouldn't be surprised if the banshee bytch started to get paranoid by now lacking trust in anyone who doesn't show full devotion... He pressed a button on his goggles zooming in on the site below seeing a few loyalists on patrol and two guarding the cart that contained a precious cargo. I got just the thing for these gentleman,if I'm lucky and they're really this stupid this should be the ideal distraction.He pressed a button to some explosives he set off earlier causing them to go off. "What the Hell was that" one cried out "I don't know go check it out you idiots the alliance could be attacking!!" Once he saw the trio of patrolmen leave all he had to do was dispense of the guards and make off with the goods to distribute to any refugees be they alliance or horde who wanted nothing to do with any of this nonsense.

He jumped down behind one of the guards quickly clamping a hand over his mouth and breaking his neck. The other guard went to grab for the war horn at his side only to be knocked out with a plated gloved fist. "Alright so far so good,these chumps really are as dumb as I hoped!" He smirked under his mask pulling out a hook and chain from his satchel and pressed a button to call his gyrocopter from its hiding place I will admit while I respect Snytz,gnomish tech seems to be a bit more reliable... The patrolmen consisting of an orc,forsaken and goblin made it to the scene of the explosion only to find there was nothing there except the wreckage of an already wrecked hut. "We've been had but what would they be-" Their eyes went wide and in unison put two and two together "The cargo!" The patrolmen ran back but as they were halfway to their destination,they'd hear the sound of a gyrocopter with their crate hoisted in the air. Ontop of the crate stood a masked swordsman who gave a cocky laughter "Better luck next time suckers,whoever trained you must've been lousy at their job!" Upon departure,he'd throw a dagger their direction with a rolled up piece of paper attached to it with that same black wax seal with the number one by it and a big fat zero next to the horde crest. "STEEL MAVERICK YOU BASTARD,YOU WON'T GET AWAY FOREVER!!" one of them cried out.

Some time passed as Damalys flew through a cloudbank to keep hidden with the goods and made his landing in a secluded encampment near the oasis. He gave a sigh of relief double checking to make sure he wasn't followed and walked up to the refugees "It wasn't easy but this crate of rations and medicine should last you a while if you divide it up carefully. Take me to your injured friend,this triage kit should be of assistance. I'm no doctor but it should do the job nicely."
Does she work for the Horde? Can you- quiet- she’ll laugh at you- hush. What, what was that? There! There! They’ll- oh. Is that her? Did she see? Can she see? That’s not her, no, no. What? What?

Xiinistera shook her head. The whispers were pervasive, but she steeled herself. She numbed her mind to go deaf to their cries as she took a sip of a special potion. An alchemist sold it to her, a remedy for the whispers. It worked for a time but it was woefully short acting.

Though, as Xiinistera glanced around, the whispers did alter her course. She had been tracking her sister, thought she was spotted in Boralus, yet here she was. Stalking a horde encampment. With no real reason to be here other than a thought that Tinkahra was on the red side of the blue red fence. Xiinistera saw movement from her concealed perch as she observed the encampment. An explosion sounded in the distance, and three of the patrols went to investigate.

Xiinistera watched with a level of amusement as a man jumped down into the camp and took out two guards, before making his way out with some stolen goods. Steel Maverick huh? Xiinistera crept from her perch to her horse. The beast had a dark purple coat with what appeared to be void energy trickling from his feathered hooves, and a large curved horn on his head. Shez’alra. Before the void, the beast had illustrious white fur with green energy from the dream.

Shez grunted as Xiinistera pulled herself onto his back. Xiinistera urged him into the sky. Originally Shez was not able to fly, but the void conversion with his master came with some perks. The pair stayed low to the ground and followed this so called Maverick back to his refugee camp. Shez landed and Xiinistera slipped off. She held a hand to the spear on her back just in case and approached the camp.

”… I'm no doctor but it should do the job nicely."

“Pyrotechnition by the looks of things.” Xiinistera said cooly as she revealed her position. She didn’t feel much danger from the man or this camp. “You wouldn’t happen to be the one on the wanted poster I happened upon the other day?” She smirked. “Not that I would turn you in to the horde, or alliance for that matter.”
"You alright, Ger?" Gerasaris shook his head, not in answer, but to shake the web of sleep from his mind. "You were tossing about like the tide caught you again." Gerasaris opened his eyes to behold the ghost of his older brother, one of the few spectres Gerasaris could call a friend, rather than a master. The spectre reached forward to grasp his hand, only for the appendage to simply pass through his body. "Whoops. Can't believe I forgot about that... Anyway, up and at 'em!"

Gerasaris slowly sat up. He had wanted to speak to his brother, but, he had company. He was sitting in a prison wagon, manned by orcs. They were surrounded by a miasma. The ghosts that lingered were looking for these ones. Nethran, Gerasaris' brother, stared at the back of one's head. "If only I hadn't bit the dust... might've been able to get you out of this mess." Gerasaris paused to smile at his brother's compassion, but schooled his expression. "Apologies if I seem foolish, but, why have I been apprehended?" He asked.

The orc nearest to him, one that seemed rather calm and lacked the miasma surrounding the others, replied. "We received an anonymous tip that you had killed Sergeant Thol'krum. We're taking you in for questio--"

Another orc spat, "T'hell with the questions! We're gonna behead this filthy traitor as he deserves!" The calmer orc sighed, and hung his head. Gerasaris was likewise dismayed. But it was only a matter of time before the spirits used him again, to exact their vengeance. It had been like this for far too long, Gerasaris silently mused.
Then

Rina ripped her blade from the corpse of the elf on the ground before her. His violet hue marked him as a Void elf. Of all of Silvermoon’s enemies killing them always made her feel the most satisfied. “Go back to your masters you Vermin.” She spat at the corpse before placing her helmet back on her head. Her golden eyes piercing between the black and red color scheme of her helm.

A forsaken rogue by his appearance approached her. In his hand was a scroll. She took it without a word and read its contents. “Reassignment?” She growled the word. The forsaken nodded grimly.

“Word has it we have some traitors to sort out.” He said with almost a sigh. He drew a dagger and examined its edge. “Nothing is worse than a traitor.”

She nodded in acquiescence. “Don’t worry I am bringing you with me. If I have to suffer not being able to kill any more alliance filth than neither will you.” She looked at the corpse of the void elf. “Have someone go dump that somewhere.” She gestured dismissively as she put her blade away. “Report back to me at Zul’Dazar before we leave.” She said as she left. The forsaken sighed looking at the corpse.

Now

Rina approaches the prison wagon holding a suspected nightborne. She heard the outburst and spoke loudly. “You will do no such thing without proper authorization.” She approaches the elf her warhorse bringing her in close. Her horned helmet obscuring her face, but marking her as a captain in the hordes Honorbound army. She looked the nightborne up and down before asking him a question. “So I hear someone fingered you as a murderer. You wouldn’t happen to know anything about it would you?” Her voice was soft and melodious.
Gerasaris was well-dressed, in a black-and-white servant's ensemble, though it had accumulated some dirt and wear from being worn in the wilderness. "Don't tell her anything, Ger. She just wants you to weave your own noose!" His brother told him.

Sighing, Gerasaris managed to avoid slouching. "It is true that it was by my hand that Sergeant Thol'krum died. However, I was given no choice in the matter." He shook his head and muttered, "Not everyone is master over their own powers..."

The bloodthirsty orc didn't hear the muttering. "See! He admits it! What questioning needs to be performed? He is guilty and he knows it!"

The calmer retorted, "Silence! Did you not hear him? He acted on another's will, and I would wager he is eager to be free of that will!"

"Free him by taking his head from his shoulders then!"

Finally, the driver, a Darkspear, shouted, "Unless you want me to kick you both in front of this kodo and let it walk on you, you'll shut your useless mouths!" He then turned to Rina with a broad smile. "Not you, of course. You're not a musclebound idjit."
Then

The scourge lord woke up from a slumber he himself never had felt since he was alive, he groans in irritation as lifts his hands, covered in shackles, his armor mostly gone except for some undergarments an pants.

"Finally awake?" mutters a elven voice, however it sounds a bit darker... like that of a- "A Dark Ranger?" is what he mutters as he spots the woman who gazed at him with a mocking grin.
"Guessing how i am not slain, or i am still here... you need something of me." The dark ranger walks in, gently patting his cheek.
"Actually we have a proposition for you... Serve the dark lady, or you will experience true death." He growls in anger at the elf.

"I do not fear death ranger... and i had my share of death as well." he ranger just grins at this, "Figured you would say that... how about this instead, we know about the high elf woman in dalaran, you work for us, and we spare her."

Now

The memory of that what happened, what they did to make sure he became there pet death knight.

He arrived into the horde camp on foot, dawning a cloak over his head to hide himself but his eyes, he felt the gazes on him as he arrived in with a group of forsaken soldiers.

however he spotted a prisoner wagon with what appeared to be a outburst, he approached, peering his glowing green eyes on the situation, but kept quiet about the matter, merely listening to what a prisoner has to say. he crossed his arms as he studied the nightborne, not many he encountered, was a bit interesting, regardless he only listened out of curiousity as to why this one is a prisoner, an why they wanted to kill him so quickly, the orcs he guessed were just blood thirsty.
Rina listened and considered. "So some one or something forced your hand?" She contemplated what it would mean and whatthe just thing to do in this situation would be. "Very well. Driver stop." She signaled. The troll looked back and pulled over. "I am not sure about your role in all of it, but I fought for the liberation of Suramar. I lost three friends fighting the legion forces occupying your people's city. I don't say this as a guilt trip or anything like that." With that she opened the cage he was in. She tossed him a water skin and shot a death glare at the two orcs. "To the south you will find Ratchet. It is the closest settlement you can hope for. I would get moving now, the Barrens are not known for their hospitality."

If he chose to leave she would wait for him to be out of ear shot before speaking. "Make sure you keep an eye on him." A small puff of dust behind the horse signaled the impact of a hidden passenger leaving the horse.
10/10/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Damalys
Some time passed as Damalys flew through a cloudbank to keep hidden with the goods and made his landing in a secluded encampment near the oasis. He gave a sigh of relief double checking to make sure he wasn't followed and walked up to the refugees "It wasn't easy but this crate of rations and medicine should last you a while if you div it up carefully. Take me to your injured friend,this triage kit should be of assistance. I'm no doctor but it should do the job nicely."

The shadows rippled in the wake of Damalys, the movement subtle and unlikely to be noticed by all but the keenest of eyes. The ripples seemed wrong, somehow; an inky blackness slithering through the normal shadows cast by the vegetation around. The ink crept its way along, halting on the outskirts of the camp before splitting in two--a smaller ink trace moving to each side of the camp.

The shadowy traces paused once more, the faint outline of elves shimmering for a split second before fading just as quickly. There was another in their midst--one like them, but with a yet unknown mission. That missing detail was soon cleared as the she-elf spoke.

10/11/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Xiinistera
“Pyrotechnition by the looks of things.” Xiinistera said cooly as she revealed her position. She didn’t feel much danger from the man or this camp. “You wouldn’t happen to be the one on the wanted poster I happened upon the other day?” She smirked. “Not that I would turn you in to the horde, or alliance for that matter.”

Well...this would prove interesting.

A void rift appeared several paces in front of Damalys, closing as a ren'dorei ranger stepped through. He was slightly shorter than the blood elf, with reddish-purple hair to his shoulders, a short beard, and long glowing tentacles. His armor was silver and blue, with an ornate longbow held at the ready--the weapons gems glistening with frosty magic.

"Unless my eyes deceive me, I believe this would be the so-called 'Steel Maverick'," the ranger spoke, surveying the pair carefully though not yet bothering to knock arrow to bowstring. He arced an eyebrow, glancing past Damalys at a patch of suspicious-looking shadows behind, before locking his gaze on the blood elf once more. "I would, however, ask one question of you and your exploits. Why?"

Granted, he was confident he already know the answer. Rumor had it that many in the Horde were uneasy about the new Warchief. Some had chosen to turn their backs on the organization, forging their own paths instead. A rare few went so far as to work against the Banshee Queen and her machinations. This "Steel Maverick" was likely such a one, given the posters and the recent actions he had observed the blood elf taking. An answer from the man himself, however, would remove any doubts.
“Pyrotechnition by the looks of things.” Xiinistera said cooly as she revealed her position. She didn’t feel much danger from the man or this camp. “You wouldn’t happen to be the one on the wanted poster I happened upon the other day?” She smirked. “Not that I would turn you in to the horde, or alliance for that matter."

Damalys looked to the woman and another voidelf,a male ranger who suddenly appeared before him after letting one of the refugees more experienced in medicine take the kit and treat the man in need. He gave a suspicious look under his goggles and mask "Perhaps I am,as long as that self important undead harpy is in the warchief's seat,people from both sides will continue to suffer especially those who denounced their respective faction." He crossed his arms but was quick to act in the event this was a trap "I had a feeling in my gut she'd become unhinged and slowly turn on those who disagreed with her methods and would perceive them to be traitors including innocents that weren't involved such as the elderly and children."

Damalys frowned under his mask "I couldn't bear the thought of innocent people of either faction dying at her hand so I made a vow to protect these refugees while making things a bit more difficult for the banshee wench. Her horde was not the horde I pledged my sword to." He looked to the two elves and made his query "So who are you two anyways?"

Once content to hear out the two elves before him, the sindorei made his way to his gyrocopter and took off to get to ratchet where he'd change out of his armor and messed his hair from masked vigilante Steel Maverick to mild mannered engineer and mechanic,Damalys Sunstriker.

"You were this close to being late kid,ya had me worried. Now get to the garage,we have a fair amount of people needing repairs." Scolded Snytz. "I know I know,keep an ear out if you hear anything interesting."
Rina rode her steed around a different direction to Ratchet. Rumors of unsavory types filled the area and Ratchet was the place to go for information. Also her armor was in need of repairs. Not long before she actually got to the town she took off the main parts looking more like a commoner than a soldier at this point. She looked around at some shops until she came to a goblin shop that happened to be manned by a blood elf working.

She tied her horse outside the shop and approached quietly. “Excuse me.” Her voice loud enough to be heard over any interior noise. I am curious if this shop can offer armor repairs?” She asked curiously.
10/15/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Distrò
Rina rode her steed around a different direction to Ratchet. Rumors of unsavory types filled the area and Ratchet was the place to go for information. Also her armor was in need of repairs. Not long before she actually got to the town she took off the main parts looking more like a commoner than a soldier at this point. She looked around at some shops until she came to a goblin shop that happened to be manned by a blood elf working.

She tied her horse outside the shop and approached quietly. “Excuse me.” Her voice loud enough to be heard over any interior noise. I am curious if this shop can offer armor repairs?” She asked curiously.
Snytz overheard a voice calling out from outside of the shop and called to Damalys "Kid,we got a customer,go tend to the dame and I'll finish up on that engine." The sindorei gave a nod to snytz and a suspicious glare "Alright but put in the proper transmission fluid not that fuel you use for your rocket boots." He made his way outside with snytz making a face behind him "Kid really needs to pull the stick out sometimes..."

Damalys approached Rina and couldn't help but get an upward downward glance,something about this woman spelled trouble but boy did she have some nice curves. "I couldn't help but overhear you needed some armor repair. It shouldn't be too different than repairing goblin machinery seeing as both require tough alloy and ore to be plenty sturdy. Lemme see the armor piece in question and I'll see what I can do." He flashed a charming smile before extending his hand.

"I'm Damalys by the way,Damalys Sunstriker what can I call you,beautiful?" He asked still flashing his smile to the woman. He made sure to keep his playboy demeanor as to avoid raising any suspicions of his alter ego.
Xiinistera regarded the other elf for a moment before turning her focus back on the 'Steel Maverick'. "So who are you two anyways?"

Xiinistera scowled. "I am Xiin. Was looking for someone but..." She glanced over the man's shoulder. "I think I'll just stick around you for now. This conflict leaves me disgusted. If helping you will help alleviate some of this unsettled feeling, then I will be of your service."

----

Xiinistera followed behind the Maverick while staying far enough away to avoid drawing attention together. She recalled these lands during her time within the horde. Her acquaintance landed in Ratchet. Good, a neutral town. Xiinistera landed and watched him go into a shop. She did not follow, instead she made her way to a stall to purchase some supplies. Her ears were keenly open for any information she could use.

Out of the corner of her eye, Xiinistera saw an elf woman enter the shop. She felt her heart quicken with anticipation. So soon after they arrived? Did that woman know? She knows all. She laughs at us. She laughs at you. Did you see that? Did you hear- Xiinistera shook her head and took a moment to find her center. She finished buying what she had and sat at a bench nearby. There. There. See the way they look. They know. They laugh. Trust no- Xiinistera shook her head again to dispel her mental rambling. She shut her eyes and settled into a meditative stance, waiting to hear anything about anti horde semantics or horde attack plans.
"I'm Damalys by the way,Damalys Sunstriker what can I call you,beautiful?"

Rina couldn’t help but smile at the blatant attempt at flattery. “You May call me Rina Everdawn.” She said picking up her bag and placing it on the table. My helmet was damaged in combat. Probably saved my life truth be told. You will find the damage on the right hand side. I would fix it myself if I was able however I seem to had no skill it that regard. I’m far better at carving gems. “So what time do you get done with your shift?” She asked with a coy smile.
Darak gazed at his blade for a few seconds, thinking on how he was to handle everything he is dealing with, the forsaken, this... Maverick steel.

his thoughts were interrupted by a Forsaken trooper was with, "We have to get moving, come on death knight!" he aggressively and orderly at him.

glaring for a few seconds, he moved onwards, heading towards there destination, Ratchet.
"What can you tell me about Maverick, forsaken..." Darak mutters to companion, "All i can tell you he's a sin'dorei, a traitor and goes around attacking our supply stations." Darak knew there was more to it, but he figured to put what he can together.

"He's here for a reason, not just to kill or fight, he's here for something, best to check Ratchet first, ask the local mortal races on any sights of this... "Traitor"." said ironically towards the forsaken trooper he was with.

The forsaken glared at him for the comment, however he let go because he knows he's got a leash around his neck for the time being.

Reaching the town on foot, he saw mostly goblins, a few sin'dorei, and that is it, he goes to see the two sin'dorei.

he looks at Damalys as he approaches, speaking in there language as he begins speaking, his voice echoing like that of a death knights, but of a darker volume, those that hear him can tell he's a human, that an the lack of ears.
< Pardon my intrusion of you're flirtation, but i require information, and i am a busy man, i trust you can spare a minute to tell me of what you know of Maverick Steel?>
10/16/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Distrò
“You May call me Rina Everdawn.” She said picking up her bag and placing it on the table. My helmet was damaged in combat. Probably saved my life truth be told. You will find the damage on the right hand side. I would fix it myself if I was able however I seem to had no skill it that regard. I’m far better at carving gems. “So what time do you get done with your shift?” She asked with a coy smile.
Damalys gave a nod as he looked over the helmet,on the outside he had a cool composure whilst realizing whom the helmet belonged to. The name and the helmet were two things he recalled when he last spoke with Lynara causing him to internally scream Oh gods dammit it HAD to be her of all people...well I better play along for now so as not to raise suspicion... He gave a grin "I'll have this good as new in no time,as for when I get off of my shift it's often close to sunset which would be approximately around o 1800. Perhaps we can.." Before he could finish his sentence he noticed a forsaken approach him which made him quirk an eyebrow in reaction as he definitely wasn't looking to have any repairs or machinery commissioned.

10/16/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Dârak
< Pardon my intrusion of you're flirtation, but i require information, and i am a busy man, i trust you can spare a minute to tell me of what you know of Maverick Steel?>
Damalys kept his cool demeanor before looking to the forsaken man to answer his question <"Not much except that he's some kind of wack job. Bastard stole a shipment of cogs and oil I ordered from Gadgetzan to build a custom motor trike for a wealthy client. Perhaps that son of a bytch will be caught and I can get back to tinkering without worry of stolen materials and angry customers. Other than that,I'm afraid I can't tell you anything else pal."> He gave a small shrug <"Forgive me if I'm not much help,I've been neck deep in work so only thing I hear outside of the garage are rumors from passers by and I doubt heresay would contribute much.">

Should the forsaken shortly depart He'd look to Rina once more keeping up the facade "The tavern here doesn't seem like much but they carry decent shipments of drink and fresh seafood if you'd like to grab some dinner after my shift." Snytz while doing his inventory checks couldn't help but smile and shake his head Smooth going kid,though if I was you,I'd probably be careful about that dame,got a feeling in these old bones she's bad news,then again they often always are.
10/15/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Damalys
"Perhaps I am,as long as that self important undead harpy is in the warchief's seat,people from both sides will continue to suffer especially those who denounced their respective faction." He crossed his arms but was quick to act in the event this was a trap "I had a feeling in my gut she'd become unhinged and slowly turn on those who disagreed with her methods and would perceive them to be traitors including innocents that weren't involved such as the elderly and children."

Damalys frowned under his mask "I couldn't bear the thought of innocent people of either faction dying at her hand so I made a vow to protect these refugees while making things a bit more difficult for the banshee wench. Her horde was not the horde I pledged my sword to." He looked to the two elves and made his query "So who are you two anyways?"

The ranger regarded Damalys carefully for several moments, debating the authenticity of his words. He sounded quite sincere, and had done nothing to mark himself an enemy. Furthermore, he was a sin'dorei talking to two ren'dorei and showing no sign of any ill will, which spoke volumes in and of itself.

"Rendoran Ravenoak," the ranger replied in response to Damalys's question. He glanced over the warrior's shoulder once again, tipping a subtle nod to his right at the shadowy patch before swiftly returning his gaze to the sin'dorei. "It would seem we have similar goals, then. Perhaps an accord may be reached."

Rendoran's ears flicked as he continued to quietly observe the sin'dorei and other ren'dorei. Granted, he wasn't alone--his brother Solandros was keeping watch from the shadows, after all. However, it wasn't prudent to play all of his cards yet. Not when there was no need, anyway.

Eventually, it would seem the Steel Maverick's work was done, as he flew off in a gyrocopter--the ren'dorei woman not far behind. Given the direction, they were likely heading for Ratchet. Rendoran whispered a few words, tearing open another void rift for a moment and slipping back into the shadows to join his brother. Though the shadows would shield them from most prying eyes and help speed the pair onward, it wasn't without risk; prolonged void exposure made the mental whispers more persistent, not to mention the risk of the occasional void beast or other accident. Still, stealth was of essence here, thus it was only once safely hidden in a dark alley in the town that the two elves opted to slip out of the shadowy veil.

Relying on more conventional methods, Rendoran scaled the back of one of the taller buildings, Solandros close behind. By flattening themselves near the edges, they could observe a good portion of the town, hopefully without being discovered. While Ratchet leaned towards neutrality, it was dangerously close to Horde territory, and goblins weren't known to keep secrets when cash payments were involved. Not to mention that Horde forces likely wouldn't be agreeable when spotting ren'dorei so close to their home, neutral town or not. The concerns weren't entirely unfounded given the presence of a blood knight charger outside one of the local machine shops.
She sighed lightly at the interruption. "Right to the point this one." She muttered looking at Darak. She looked back at Damalys. "I'll be back later to pick up the helmet. Do take good care of it. It's saved my life numerous times before." She said with a wink before walking out to her steed. "Come Dawnseeker." She pulled the mount into the nearby alleyway before changing into her armor. Without her helmet she didn't have as much of her usual imposing image, still her armor alone let people know she meant business. "So Damalys is a pretty faced no nothing about the current target. I will be looking into him further though." She had a journal she was writing it. About half way full it currently was a list of suspected traitors. Currently in Ratchet she had a few names written down. She sat atop her mount as she looked over her notes. "Well Racher M. Coppertouth. Let's see where your loyalties lie." She said as she approached a nearby shop.
Darak glared at Damalys, he never trusted an elf since his afterlife, but he does not act on any negative thoughts he had for them.
he however did ignore the other sin'dorei out of lack of care, he did not care for anything that would distract him in his goals.

The Forsaken trooper next to him however looked at Darak, than at Damalys, "Well... thanks for your time sin'dorei, forgive my.... yes... partner here, he's dealing with a lot of anger and he needed a-" the trooper is interrupted by a hand being placed on his shoulder by the death knight.

"Keep talking and i will rip you apart, piece by piece..." he said calmly but with a hint of anger.

"We will be going... if you see him, tell anyone where he was headed." Darak proceeded to say as he began walking away from Ratchat, The trooper nods, an offers a apology as he runs back to the death knight.

upon catching up to his partner he looks up to him, "threatening me infront of others is not doing our case any good..." he mutters as he walks with him.

"Neither is leaking information about myself towards those that could be him... i have my doubts about him, but i will see in time who this, "Maverick Steele" is.. just need to look at the last scene of his attack."
he began walking faster as he wanted to reach his destination...
Damalys peered about as he felt a familiar presence watching him though kept silent as Rina addressed him before making her departure winking at him."I'll be back later to pick up the helmet. Do take good care of it. It's saved my life numerous times before." He blushed to the flirtatious gesture on one hand he knew she was dangerous and an enemy to his vigilante persona on the other,pretty women were always his one weakness. "Alright,it'll be waiting for you good as new!" He then looked to the forsaken and death knight with a straight face hearing their response to what he had told them.

"Well... thanks for your time sin'dorei, forgive my.... yes... partner here, he's dealing with a lot of anger and he needed a-" the trooper is interrupted by a hand being placed on his shoulder by the death knight. "Keep talking and i will rip you apart, piece by piece..." "Sure,now if you gentlemen excuse me I have work to do and here in ratchet,money tends to talk the universal language." He walked back towards the garage lowering himself to his work station via mechanized platform sighing in relief. "Cuttin' it close weren't you, kid?" He heard snytz say as he flashed a cheeky smile to the middle aged goblin. "Well,I had to get those undead goons off my back somehow,plus I should fix this helmet so Rina doesn't suspect anything either. Who'd of thought she'd come to me rather than the other way around? I can see why Lynara was cautious when speaking of her." He looked over the dents,near punctures and scratches "It's a decent make and model and definitely has seen many battles. I'll get this fixed up and if she accepts my offer,perhaps I can find a chink in Rina's armor."

"Probably more than just her armor knowing you ya's damn horndo-OW!" Snytz rubbed his head where a fresh lump was developing from a swift fist courtesy of Damalys "You damn well knew the context you old pervert,I mean find a means to stay ten steps ahead of her and whatever goonsquad works with her." He adjusted some black lensed goggles for forging began to work on the helmet making sure he had the right ore out.

Between smelting,hammering and shaping,Damalys did make a query being careful as to not fudge the task at hand "By the way old man,did you hear any gossip while I was speaking with Rina and that unhinged death knight?" Snytz gave a nod uttering an "mhmm" to convey his answer "Yeah,word has it coming down this direction is rumored to be a prison cart. I think there was a couple of nightborne among them along with kids from each side. Dunno about the adults but normally when rugrats like that are involved,they're most likely gonna be sold off as slaves or knowing her royal pain in the a**,test subjects for her apothecary's sick experiments and-" Snytz sidestepped quickly to dodge an oncoming mannequin often used to hold breastplates upon cringing at the fist imprint left upon it. "Look ki- I mean Damalys,keep in mind this could be a rumor and even if it ain't I'm sure we can stop it. If you need me to I can tell the broad to take a raincheck since I sent you out to pick up a shipment of sparkplugs and engine parts for a harvest shredder."

Damalys grit his teeth with a look of righteous fury in his eyes "I'm sorry Snytz,it just sickens me that kids are caught in the crossfire of this Hell. Anytime I think of misfortune happening to these people especially their children,it makes me think back to when I nearly lost my baby brother to those Amani trolls the day our parents died. Poor kids don't deserve such a hellish fate as slavery or inhumane experiments,neither do their parents or these nightborne who somehow got on Sylvanas' bad side. This barbarism needs to be stopped and tonight,Steel Maverick is going to see to it those prisoners gain their freedom. I'll meet up with Rina when she comes to pick up her helmet,see what you can in pushing more details about this rumour." Once ready, Damalys set the helmet into the cold water causing a hissing noise from the heat. "Be nice to hear from Lynara again,her help may have saved my life today." He blinked curiously once again feeling the shadowy presences "Alright,we're alone so it's safe to say you can show yourselves."
Xiinistera thanked the shopkeeper as she stepped away from the stall with an apple. Apple? Poisoned. Rotten. She plots against you. Xiinistera spun to her left. She thought she saw someone. No, wrong, no one was there. She shook her head. Plotting. They are all- Xiinistera reached into her pocket and pulled out a smooth stone that she rubbed through her fingers. She chewed her lip as she did so, and glanced around. The sounds, the voices, they quietted as she found her center.

“Did you hear about the prison caravan?” Xiinistera looked around, two women were sitting outside a small cafe. A human and a gnome.

The gnome looked her companion over. “Prisoner caravan? All the way out here? From where? What faction?”

The human sipped her tea. “I heard some orcs talking about it. Some alliance folk. I wonder if-”

The gnome sighed. “Elliana, I know you miss him, but he is dead. He died at Lorderon.”

“They never found his body! Maybe I should go to Crossroads and-”

“No!” The gnome jumped up. “You’ll just end up in the caravan. Maybe…”

The human looked like all the color faded from her face. “My Jayms…”

“Listen. I heard something. About a gentleman against Sylvanas.” The gnome spoke in a hushed voice. “He is known as the Steel Maverick. Rumors say he saves those in the banshee’s grasp. If Jayms is there, he’ll save him.”

Xiinistera vanished into the void and stood in the shadows near the actual Steel Maverick. She wondered if he had heard about the prisoners, or if he was going to act upon the rumors. She stood there, still rubbing the stone with one hand and holding the apple in the other. A plot to kill all of you. Watching, all are watching. All want to kill you. Don’t do it. Don’t do it. Kill him. Stop him. Save him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill-”

”Alright, we’re alone so it’s safe to say you can show yourselves.”

Xiinistera forgot where she was for a moment, how long she stood within the void. Lies. He lies. Look! Guards await to kill you! Look! Look! Traitor. He betrays you. Kill- Xiinistera closed her eyes and shook her head, and she pressed the stone to her heart. After she centered her breath, she reopened her eyes. The guards were gone, only the Steel Maverick remained. The void around Xiinistera dissolved and she stepped forward.

“I assume you’ve heard about the prisoners, do you have-” Xiinistera stopped mid sentsence. A guard! A guard stood behind the Steel Maverick! Betrayal! Betrayal! Draw your spear! Attack! Kill him! Xiinistera shook her head, the guard disappeared. She continued. “Do you have some sort of plan?”