Want to make a Rogue, I'm behind the curve

i was one of those losers who got to 60 two weeks after too so i missed a fair bit of pvp on early phase 1

I haven’t gotten a character past lvl 23 because I keep rerolling to find something that clicks.

Part of the issue is that my favorite class, hunter, is considered “pretty okay” but my other favorite specs: elemental, balance, shadow and old school enhance are considered “don’t”.

So I don’t have many options.

Anyway when I make new characters I still see plenty of lowbies out and about and I still lfm see in chats. I’m on Mankirk and Bloodsail

Did you play in the original launch of WoW? STV has been the bane of many people on PvP realms. Has a history of being a brutal zone. Hillsbrad is probably up there. Great questing zone which is why that sucks but…I would avoid STV myself.

I’ve never experienced constant griefing, in my 16 years of playing WoW. I also leveled an Alliance character during Phase 2, in Classic on a Horde dominant PVP server.

Obviously, my experiences don’t speak for anybody else’s.

I’m sure the greifing isn’t on every PvP server, but there are youtubers making video’s about how bad it is. I guess blizzard even banned a guy who literally spends his day waiting at flightpaths to dispel world buffs.

I mean, someone waiting at a flightpath isn’t greifing, imo. Following a particular person constantly, is.

During phase 2, the warlock I was leveling with and I (a paladin) in STV were camped for about 30 minutes by two rogues and a priest who were about 3-5 levels higher than us, until we were able to kill them, and move on, but that’s PVP, not greifing.

You Horde on those realms? Mankrik is pretty Horde top heavy yeah?

Yes.

Mankrik is PvE, High pop (though not like Faerlina numbers) and extremely Horde dominant.

Bloodsail Buccaneers is RPPVE, medium pop, and very Alliance dominant.

The Bloodsail horde community is wee but it exists and is pretty tight knit.

I don’t know the whole story, but I know that this players full intent was only to dispel world buffs. He had no intention of actually fighting. He just wanted to ruin peoples day. I guess blizzard saw that as harrassment or something and banned him for going against ToS.

That isn’t true. It was a fanboy GM of a streamer. The ban was overruled. There’s a blue post on it.

What does that matter? PVP is PVP. It happens on PVP servers.

Well, there ya go. I personally think people like that should get permabanned, but that’s just me.

And I personally think people who think that shouldn’t play on PVP servers, but they stopped existing because of this toxicity. Go play PVE servers and stop ruining the game for others.

I do play on a PvE server (as stated above) and that guy was literally ruining the game for others.

It all comes down to morals. If you’re a 30 something year old dude and you spend hours a day running around dispelling world buffs for the lulz, you should probably reevaluate your life.

Cool. That’s your preference, and that’s fine. I’m not trying to force PVP rules on you, nor your server.

Why are you trying to force your PVE rules on PVP servers?

I mean, we could say this about literally anything, and then just argue how you prove what is “good” in life. Who cares? That has nothing to do with PVP servers.

Yeah…i can already tell what kind of person you are. Later dude.

The type who prefers science and data to ad hominem? Yes. So what?

play on west coast

1 Like

I agree on principal but I crinkled my nose at this guy too given that he’d just rez, spam a macro until he purged as many world buffs as possible, then die. There really wasn’t much PvP happening there.

I mean… it’s not something I’d personally want to spend my time doing, but at the same time, I’m not judging others for how they like to enjoy PVP on PVP servers, where I happen to prefer to play, because I prefer freedom of choice.

How you personally define PVP is on you, imo.

Get on each individual server and do a /who during your play time, maybe even do a /who for the raids like blackwing and molten core on the days you want to play most.

Also cruise the individual server forums, and see what their discord info is. The server I play on uses discord for community functions instead of the blizzard forum because blizzard moderation isn’t fun, they ban for vanilla like banter.

Just do some good research and you should be able to find a home.

If PvP is your thing outside of arena, choose wisely because there is no one size fits all perfect faction, there are positives and negatives for both faction choices.

1 Like