Want friends to que M+ Keys with

Somehow I have played since 2010 and don’t have any friends to log on and play with. IRL I don’t really make friends because I’m just not a socialite. But I’d like to have some friends to play keys with and I’ve hit a wall, I feel like not having to pug every dungeon would be good.

I have done a bunch of pugs and I’ve timed everything Tyrannical and Fortified to at least +18. My M+ is 2250. I play Mistweaver Monk and its my only character I play. Pug groups are very dodgy about inviting me to 19’s and 20’s so I basically spend all my time in que usually with nobody in my guild online to even chat with. I try just building my own key to 19’s, like tonight I had a 19 DOS and a guy left within the first 3 mins for no reason, mistimed the 18 and grinding all over again.

A lot of people say they don’t see many Mistweavers idk if people don’t like playing with them but, I like to play this and if anyone wants to do these higher 19-20s (my goal right now.) or any advice I guess is fine.

Just imagining it would be cool to run keys back to back with a group instead of waiting 20-40 minutes to run every key. Kind of lame to ask for friends I guess, it is what it is. I’m pretty chill I think, I play almost everyday. I’d like to find a group of ppl I can fit in with and run keys. Wokesmeed#11320

8 Likes

I don’t do mythic anything so I don’t think I can help you but here’s a /bump.

1 Like

I don’t do keys above 10 but I hope you can find someone to play with, it can make a big difference to have a regular group of either friends or guild members to play content with

1 Like

I cant turn a corner without seeing a mistweaver

1 Like

I keep wanting to get back in…
But the catchup just from 9.1 where I stopped to where it is now seems… unfun.

I miss M+.
I do not miss the BS to get to where I’d be useful.

5 Likes

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Hey I’m basically looking for some people for a group aswell I’m a 2300io guardian druid. So we could probably do a few keys.

4 Likes

Bump for you, good luck.

Have you tried venthyr mistweaver? There’s some mw streamers who go up to 26 and run venthyr. iirc the highest key done with a nf mistweaver was a 22. Maybe this helps, and if not, ignore it because you should ultimately be playing how you want.

1 Like

This late in the tier you have to be super overqualified to get invites to 19-20+ while pugging (basically pugs want you to have timed keys at like +2 above).

Also lots of key pushers whose groups have called it quits for the season are probably just getting weekly keys done and stealing spots for reasons above.

All you can really do is if you see a good tank/dps ask if you can add them to bnet and attempt to string a group together by building that up.

If I’m being honest, don’t expect things to just fall into your lap, the mmo community isn’t as friendly as it use to be. After pugging all 20s as FDK, then finding a consistent group, I think getting to that point is very difficult and very disheartening when you’re generally a solo/pug player.

2 Likes

Hi thanks. I haven’t tried it. I’m running tear of the morning legendary which is I think different. I have been using faeline stomp to double stack essence font bolts in emergency healing situation, and just mobility is nice. I’ll have to look at venthr no idea what it brings. Thank for the suggestion.

1 Like

Since we stopped raiding for the tier, some of the folks in my guild have just started spamming M+, and I think it’d be great to have a few more people to get into our runs.

Zero#11781

2 Likes

It might help your cause more if people knew a bit more about you. For example, what time slots you are available to play and what kind of group you are looking to find. Being shy and even fairly introverted isn’t that big of a deal, but you’re almost certainly going to have to open up at least a bit personally if you expect people to want to be more than just professional acquaintances with you. You don’t have to do that part here if you want, but at the very least, you should be open with what your play times are and the general kind of people to run or push with.

Assuming that is your monk, I regret to inform you that you made the tragic mistake of picking Alliance. You already cut your potential groups by like 2/3rds and possibly more if you are looking or expect to push super duper high keys…in addition to picking a healer that is very much considered to be the worst or among the worst.

I hope you find a good and reliable group though. Pass or fail, if you end up having fun and can mesh will with a group, that’s a win in itself.

2 Likes

Right.

This is my monk. I do play alliance, have mained this monk since WOD, I don’t have any alts. I usually play between noon and 3AM (central time.)

I just want people to play with that I know are trying to time, not going to leave the key for no reason, want to run keys back to back, etc.

I run about 30 or so 15+ keys a week. M+ Score 2249. I’ve timed everything 18+ and have some 19 overtimes. Night Fae. 249 ilvl.

Hi, added your tag.

So because of this comment I faction changed a level 50 monk I had on alliance with enough gold to get a leggo plus extra to horde yesterday afternoon. Stayed up till 4AM and got to 60 and even got a couple M0’s in. So if anyone on horde wants to play I will be farming IO, gear, and yeah. So I have a 60 MW monk and Alliance and Horde now. I have 0 horde friends to play with currently!

Also thinking of realm Xferring my main because my guild usually is only me online and sometimes like 3 people and there is basically no recruitment on alliance on my realm. If anyone has a really cool M+ guild or something in a high pop alliance area I would probably be interested.

Hey what’s ye battlenet I’ll add ye can probably doo some sometime keys later tonight.

1 Like

Cool. Wokesmeed#11320

I have run with their guild cross server for heroic from time to time. Very pleasant group of people. Highly recommended. :+1:

1 Like

I feel your pain. I’ve pigged all of bfa and sl and quit in bc when my origins vanilla guild disbanded pug life ever since.

Once I hit ksm or aotc I don’t push much beyond as a pugger. Like you I’m 2200 io with no 20’s and I’m okay with that u til next xpac

2 Likes

This.

I’ve read/watched like 3 9.1 starting guides and I still have no idea what I should actually be doing with my time. Korthia seems like my only option without a support network… but should I even be bothering this close to 9.2? Should I keep trying to create Mythic+ groups on my key (god knows I’d never get a group otherwise)?

Any guilds or pugs recruiting a 0/10N 0/10H 0/10M raider who’s watched a video? Or should I just stick to LFR like I feel like I’m supposed to?

Even if my ilvl issues are fixed, should I even bother trying to get a better legendary… or chains of domination or whatever the hell they are…

… I know better than to stick my head into PvP at least. That was a mistake a made once a few days ago. Message received.

I see what you guys are saying but I’m not really having the same issue.

By the first day this week the lowest of 10 runs I had was a 17. I can get in 18’s all day long.

But with 19’s it can take over and hour to get in a group and to start it and people often leave before it’s complete if it doesn’t go perfect. I have two 19 overtimes so far because of this and have done probably 6 more 19’s a didn’t even get to finish.

My 19 DOS this week a hunter left in the first three minutes, he just afk’d during a fight, stood in some stuff and asked for a rez, even though he had already been rezzed and never accepted. I rezzed him and 20 seconds later he quit.

I am still able to push higher keys but I spend about 10 times the amount of time waiting for groups or getting pulled into one than I do actually running them. It seems like people at this point only want to invite you if you’ve already timed the key in question. In addition ive never even got to try a 20 yet.

I just started playing after stopping in Season 1. So in the last 4 weeks I’ve got to where I am. I have no doubt I can push higher keys, I just want to play them and having a couple friends to play with would make the process smoother and take way less time and that’s what I’m looking for.