Wait for shadow lands or come back now?

hey, I’m debating returning now or wait in until shadowlands to come out and I haven’t played wow since warlords

Completely up to you. With the current information we have, all we know is SL is coming in a minimum of 2 1/2 months, but it’s likely going to be closer to 5 - 5 1/2 months considering it hasn’t even entered beta testing yet.

The cheapest way to get back into it if you wanted to play now would be to just add a subscription or game time. This will get you access to everything included in the base game, which at the moment is everything up to (but not including) BFA. So you’ll have Legion and be able to go to level 110. This also gives you access to the entirety of WoW Classic. (Blizz’s recreation of Vanilla WoW)

If you want to play the current content, you have a couple options here. You could either purchase BFA separately for $50, and then purchase Shadowlands separately when you are ready to buy it, or right now there is a combination “complete edition” available for $90 that includes BFA, Shadowlands, a lvl 110 and 120 boost, a mount, and 30 days of game time. All of these can be found in the shop.

The final option here is to wait until shadowlands releases, which will eliminate the need to purchase BFA, as BFA will then be included in the base game. You would then just have to purchase Shadowlands and apply either a subscription or game time to play it.

1 Like

Thanks after giving it some thought I’m going to wait in until shadowlands and I’m planning on starting fresh once shadowlands come out

With the level squish and everything coming in Shadowlands, unless you’re wanting to dive right into end game content, starting fresh will probably be a lot more fun and help you get back into the game as you won’t be relearning everything now and then again when SL comes out. Personally think waiting is the right call. If you do play now, I would just do it very casually.