WAGGLE Megalounge and Thread (Part 5)

Al the Trolli gifs probably.

1 Like

oops i blew them up.

Well
 that’s your problem
 proceeds to do something that makes all 1,000 of N’zoth’s eyes bleed

Me at work right now, doing some SQL:

“joining the project organization table with the alias PO with the organization table O, gives me a left outer join with the alias POO . . . that’s not passing code review . . .”

4 Likes

Boredumb, going full NSFW in a business meeting XD.

1 Like

The gifs and then
 well
 pretty much all that followed. Wasn’t quite ready for that tonal whiplash. Not saying it’s bad, mind, just not what I was expecting.

1 Like

1 Like

I lost track of the Waggle Thread and don’t even know what it even means.

Wiggling time
/ wiggle wiggle wiggle

3 Likes

Odd I don’t remember having this baby
 picks up and puts in the crib beside the other three wiggling baby waggles

Vulpera have mastered waggle to the point that it’s in their run-cycle. I believe Tauren have too, for that matter.

1 Like
1 Like

My tail has a mind of it’s own too.

am i the only one getting intense lag on the forums?

That’s amateur hour. I once said in a formal design review that I was not using the programming language Ada for this project because, and I quote, “It is the work of Satan.”

Still there, fifteen years later.

3 Likes

Wiggling toes?

The bank I was working for had their loan processing on a Vax, written in basic.

I was told it was going away real soon. 10 years or so later, they finally did. Y2K was funny when they discovered they didn’t have the code for some of it, because who does code management?

They had to guess and write those bits from scratch.

Fun times.

1 Like

And here I am working in modern Angular, Typescript and SQL

1 Like

It’s a requirement for most of our contracts. And besides which, as you’ve seen yourself, you either use CM or you live long enough to find out why you bloody well ought to.

Not all CM systems are created equal, of course. There’s a subcontractor we use often, they do outstanding work 
 but I’ve been trying to figure out how they manage their code for a tick over fifteen years. The next time their CM system makes sense to me will be the first.

1 Like

“We like to keep it amusing in here.”
/grin
/giggle

3 Likes