Vulpera racials very unfairly underwhelming

She prob tha clingy typa girl brotha, just wanted to call you out bc she didn’t like your response or portrait, racism actually towards race/class

i would report th comment for racial hate

1 Like

I mean I can breath underwater, that is pretty neat

3 Likes

Tons of people love them myself included

1 Like

Honestly speaking, the battle racials for vulpera are the worst out of any race alliance or horde. But hey, they look cute so sign me up :slight_smile: but it would be nice to have some nice battle perk :confused:

worgen have FIVE racials. 1 crit, 2 skinning, 3 two forms, 4 running wild, 5 racial sprint.

Better than defensives and a punch on a 2.5 cd… If you don’t pvp its very underwhelming.

That said just play what you want, racials are very minor… unless its a situation like BE in Zul

kt have some of the best tank racials. and mechagnomes are looking to be right up there with them. ultimately though you should play what you like the looks of.

If the Vulpera were the only race without Racials, they would probably still be popular.

4 Likes

Horde Bias!!! It must be!

Vulpera have 2 Utility Racials. Fire Resistance (like it or not, that is Utility, just like the Stun Resistance you referenced), as well as the reduced damage on the first hit racial.

Their Combat Racial is their Bag of Tricks. It is either a damage or heal based on if they’re targeting an enemy or ally, and they can use another racial, Rummage Your Bags, to change the Bag of Tricks every 5 minutes. We don’t know what Rummage does yet, as it’s not implemented, so it could significantly affect how much the Bag of Tricks does.

But please, keep acting like they have nothing because you haven’t actually looked at the preview or wowhead or mmo-champ.

It’s almost as if a racial that changes from a damage or heal based on who you target is useful. GASP

1 Like

Good. I hope they stay that way so Alliance neither cry more nor decide to roll over here.

The WoWhead page for the ptr racials doesn’t even list the bag of tricks people are talking about. If it’s clear that it’s damage/healing then, yeah, they have a combat racial and if they make changes to the first-hit thing they’ll be fine.

I list magic school resistances as flavor because 1% to a specific school is so insanely negligible. But sure if you want to include that as a utility/defensive thing, that’s fine. Every race has one or something similar, I believe.

to people saying alliance has more utility racials and get more people to play alliance, alliance racials are literally better in 2 of the 3 major gameplay content in wow, Pvp and m+ every pvp’er is alliance and everyone who pushes the highest keys will tell you alliance is better so I feel like it has nothing to do with racials to get people to go alliance

You dont release blatantly overpowered racial if its not an attempt to get players.

I don’t understand your argument because the kul’tirans have 1% verse and a knock racial that literally every team used in the recent bg tournaments, and the heal also adding up to a fair amount, my whole point in the op is there is not a single other race so far with racials as useless in combat as the vulpera at this current time since we do not know what the bag of tricks will do.

Its the first hit. Most first hits are auto attacks. In a long fight that 5% might equate to under 0.5% overall damage

Nobody ever said every new race needed to be bis in terms of racials, all I was stating is that atleast ONE racial be a green light to play it without feeling like you’re gaining nothing but being your favorite race in terms of combat, like 1% of a stat for example like nearly every other race has that doesn’t have a useful combat racial.

No, its really not as useful as the mechagnome racial even if you spin it as a value numbers game, if you’re only blocking 1 damage source from each enemy, say in pvp in an arena I on average drop combat say 5 times per game depending on the comp, in a mythic+ 5% damage reduction is only ever going to matter on a tank and it being once per fight really is just a HIGHLY HIGHLY wattered down version of the kul’tiran racial (brush it off) because the 1 5% reduced hit is never going to 1shot you, so its never effective in a 10minute long boss encounter or even in m+ when you’re starting a big pull, you’d much rather have the safeguard of the mechagnome than some crappier version of the crappy kul’tiran racial

1 Like

The first hit from every enemy is reduced by 5% your maximum hp, that is huge especially in PvP with bursty openers.

On top of that the rucksack racial has yet to be implemented so we don’t even know what it does yet, it could be an absurdly good combat racial. Its honestly best to hold off full judgement until that racial is implemented into the PTR because it could end up being an extremely powerful and versatile combat racial considering the wording makes it sound like it has both dps and support options.

Not saying you shouldn’t give feedback but I am saying that they have good combat racials as well though at the end of the day its always going to be subjective.

Doesnt work like that. When you exit combat they return to 100% health and essentially fight starts over. In instances when that npc hits you your in combat with it till it dies.
Most first hits are auto attacks by the npc very rarely do you get the gtfo type of spells that do massive damage

Say an attack hits you for 1000, 5% will make it hit you for 950. Say the fight lasts for 30 seconds. that is 29950. That is like .002% DR. Yes there are other damage factors involved but that is the basic

You know, I could take this same comment and spin it back around to you based on your first comment :wink:

Yes people are excited to play the objectively most adorable race there is as gaming in general harbors many different types of outlooks, opinions and people in general that I’m sure have been around since day 1, so I’m not sure where the hatred comes from :slight_smile:

Except this just isn’t true as I pointed out already that alliance racials are just better in both pvp and m+, 2/3 of major gameplay with the third one being raiding, you ask any m+ streamer they will likely tell you that being nelf for m+ is just best for time trials, you talk to any pvper they will tell you for most comps you just want to be alliance for nelf, human, dwarf, dark iron and kul’tiran even gnomes being niche in alot of pvp scenarios so I’m not sure who told you that horde players are just now going crazy, its always been a topic of debate that alliance racials are generally just better outside of raiding, mechagnomes of course being no exception with their last stand racial.

with the crappiest part by the way about alliance utility racials alot of them get a secondary stat bonus with their I’d go as far to say “OVERPOWERED” utility racials that define some aspects of the game.