Vulpera racials very unfairly underwhelming

Yep, nerve certainly struck. c;

1 Like

Whatever delusion makes you wanna’ feel better, fine by me I guess.

Okay human paladin

6 Likes

Their little flips are pretty addicting, and the hearthstone camp ability does remind me of something you’d see in Red Dead Redemption or something.

There is plenty out there that will be happy with them, regardless of racials, furry community, or what have you.

I feel like these arguments boil down to factions arguing:

1. OP Racial victim enforcement
  2. Not a cute elf police
    Thus if someones wish list was threatened, they must cast spite that an allied race fell short of their expectations. Blizzard isn’t going to just remove them, unless you can change their mindset on removing active combat assisting racials.

Who cares if they aren’t powerful? They look fun and interesting! Extra loot from humanoids? Yes please! Hearthstone from anywhere? Sign me up!

Also, racials should never matter. Just play what you enjoy!

1 Like

Except they were wrong about the Zandalari. Even with the latest nerf it still makes them just about the best tanks in game. All stat/effect bonus racials should be removed in my opinion with only fun and cosmetic ones to take their place.

1 Like

Think about a Vulpera mage. I made my mage 100% for events. Now he can also set a custom hearth anywhere in the world?

I just looked them up. Mecha-Gs look like they will have awesome tricks up their sleeve for PvP

I don’t like Vulpera… glad Horde got them… Looks like the new flavor of fall will be people race changing to Mecha to get the racials…And Vulperas racials are not… very good

I for one will be bowing to our Mecha overlords. Mechadruids coulda been awesome. Mechanical cats and bears and owls… Fox druids would have been cool too.

I kind of feel the meeting that took place at Blizzard HQ to discuss new allied races went something like this.

Ok folks we have 2 races we would like to introduce, mechagnomes and vulpera. One of those two races we’ve gotten a lot of feedback from players asking for and the other meh, not so much.

So, here’s what were going to do, we are going to make sure Mechagnomes racials are a little better than Vulpera or else risk the rest of the alliance player base playing horde. Which of course would lower us down to just one faction and what good would that do.

So, basically if we want players to play Mechagnomes we need to give them something to entice them to stick around or else we will have a lot of Vulpera running around.

2 Likes

From the description of set up camp, it’s not locked to a inn, and you get a recall to your camp, and the camps only condition is it has to be set up outdoors.

So Yeah, it sounds like you can set your hearth to an inn you use, teleport to any major city you need to, and set up a camp to a place you often visit, and have extreme amounts of global mobility around the maps.

I want more to the camp. There currently isn’t one. It would also be nice to be able to “camp” to get rested, just one tick of it, no more, or something.

I like this idea, a lot :thinking:

Blood Elf

Complaining about racials

lul

2 Likes

Okay, my triggered friend.

The Light has spoken!

“Its a Light FORGE! GET IT!? AHAHAHA!!~”

“… but thats an Anvil, Jerry.”

Now you know how the Kul Tirans felt compared to the Zandalari.

This is pretty much the first Horde race with utility racials, whereas the Alliance usually have those.

Whereas this is the first time Alliance get a race with DPS/combat/parse racials, and the Horde are going crazy.

Horde a month ago: “RACIALS DON’T MATTER, SUCK IT UP ALLIANCE!”

Horde today: “VULPERA RACIALS SUCK, MECHAGNOME RACIALS ARE OP, FIX IT BLIZZ!”

5 Likes

I had just made a thread in the Arena section to see what ppl thought - IMO Mechagnome are real good and Vulpera are good if you are a casual player that likes questing, exploring, etc.

Worgen have a Crit buff, my dude.

It’s pretty Universal that races get 1 combat racial, 1 utility racial, and however many flavor racials.

• Worgen Combat: +1% Crit Chance
  • Worgen Utility: Sprint
  • Worgen Flavor: Running Wild, Skinning Buff, Shadow/Nature DR

• Human Combat: +2% secondary stats
  • Human Utility: EMFH (anti-stun cd)
  • Human Flavor: Diplomacy

• Orc Combat: Attack Power cooldown
  • Orc Utility: Stun Reduction (passive)
  • Orc Flavor: Pet Damage buff (unless you’re a hunter, in which case, it’s kinda BS)

• Goblin Combat: +1% Haste
  • Goblin Utility: Rocket Jump
  • Goblin Flavor: Vendor Discounts, Alchemy Buff, Mobile Banking, Rockets (like 200 damage at max level)

Then…

• M. Gnome Combat: +400 primary stat
  • M. Gnome Utility: Bursty Second Wind on a CD
  • M. Gnome Flavor: Mobile anvil, fire, forge, profession tools, Off-brand Lockpicking, Distracting Clones (presumably Rogue distract, not taunting)

• Vulpera Combat: ???
  • Vulpera Utility: ???
  • Vulpera Flavor: Extra Hearthstone, Fire Resistance, Bonus Loot from Humanoids, reduced first-hit damage

Assuming Mechagnome’s clones don’t taunt, which would be real silly, they fit the mold. But Vulpera seem to have a bunch of flavor with no clear REAL racials.

The first-hit DR is really only relevant for tanks, so they might not have to worry about pre-popping cooldowns as much while they’re running into a pack. That’s literally the only time it might matter a bit.

The rest is all very clear flavor stuff.

But we don’t know what their “Rummage Your Bag” thing is yet, AFAIK. That could be their Combat Racial, and maybe they’ll alter the first-hit DR to be a reasonable “Utility” racial.

3 Likes