Vulpera Druids

The vulpera are super cute and amazing. I’d give anything to play as my favorite race and class! Please let the vulpera be druids or a future questline that lets a vulpera follow a wild god/loa or anything to help them go on the path of a druid.

In Vul’Dun, Kiro loves seeds and tending to the remaining nature in their desert. How is that NOT druid deserving?

Edit: Thanks Apolloraza for your response, I’m going to summarize it most of your post here and add in some additional info in OP since it can help the Vulpera’s case to be druids!

Other druid races such as worgen and kul’tiran didn’t start off with a blessing of a Wild God. In the worgen starting zone, as a druid, you start off as a human without the worgen curse/gift. The Gilnean worgen barely knew of Goldrinn until the Night Elves saved the Gilneans.

Gilnean worgen are not part of the Emerald Dream, but the Night Elf druids who practiced the “Pack Form” were from the Emerald Dream and couldn’t control it.

Below is from Wowpedia:

The Druids of the Scythe are a sect of druids who advocated the use of the Pack Form during the War of the Satyr. Originally calling themselves Druids of the Pack , they shapeshifted into a powerful yet unwieldy form that embodied the fury of the wolf Ancient Guardian, Goldrinn. They called this form the Pack Form, a form that turned them into wolves. Although powerful, the Pack Form tended to turn the druids feral. Malfurion Stormrage prohibited the use of this form because it couldn’t be controlled. However, the Druids of the Pack continued to practice the form in secret, but eventually lost themselves to the form’s feral rage.

While in the worgen form, the druids eventually lost their minds to its violent nature. Blinded by all-consuming rage, Ralaar’s druids tore through friend and foe alike during battle with the satyrs. Night elves wounded by the unruly beasts contracted a virulent curse that turned them into worgen as well. Malfurion Stormrage mournfully banished the worgen beneath Daral’nir in the [Emerald Dream, where they would be in peaceful slumber for all eternity.

For millennia, the worgen threat was contained until the day Arugaltampered with summoning worgen after looking into Ur’s research, calling them into the world to combat the Scourge but accidentally unleashing the worgen curse on Gilneas. Some of the worgen were also released from their slumber by Velinde Starsong using the Scythe of Elune. Some of the worgen at Talonbranch Glade have been there since Velinde summoned the worgen.

Likewise, the Nightbane pack in Duskwood are also night elven worgen.

Regarding Kul’tirans and druidism, quoting from Wowpedia again,

The Drust were a population of seafaring vrykul who some time after the Sundering settled on Kul Tiras. They mainly lived in Drustvar, but also resided in several areas of Tiragarde Sound and to less extent Stormsong Valley. When the human sailors from Gilneas arrived in Kul Tiras around 2,700 years ago, the Drust, led by Gorak Tul, waged war against the human settlers. However, not all Drust agreed with the war, and the druidic Thornspeakers left Drust society to side with the humans.

Vulpera do not need to be previously associated with the Emerald Dream to be druids. They can learn druidism.

Please allow the Vulpera to be druids!!!

26 Likes

+1, kinda disappointed Vulpera can’t be Druid TBH.

8 Likes

I just wish there were more cute/pretty druid races.

5 Likes

Only if Mechagnomes can get to be druids too. Horde already has more Druid options than alliance.

Alliance gets:
Nelf,Worgen,KT
Horde gets:
Tauren, HM Tauren, Troll, Zandalari

3 Likes

At least the alliance have 3 different races though

horde has 2 tauren types and 2 troll types :S

6 Likes

Each race has different forms for their forms…and gives more possibilities for racials, etc.

and who plays KT ? I have yet to see a KT druid

Kt druids in their heritage armor are really weird, i notice them all the time.

Not a fan of either vulpera or mechgnome (seriously?) Druids.

It’s all I ever see in regards to KTs.

I see either KT druids or exclusively male KT warriors. That said, they’re the least played Allied Race regardless.

Just a reminder ^

Yes people argue quality over quantity, but druids were supposed to have equal representation on both factions.

Truthfully, if you want pretty and/or cute druid races, then, to quote an applicable meme, the Alliance is “waiting for you”.

This is the last race that should be druids with their economic benefits/ camp. You will force all the botters to become vulpera as well.

I’ve edited the original post, but I wanted to post it down here as well for continued discussion. Thank you Apolloraza for your earlier post in the General Discussion section. I’ve summarized it and added some additional info in.

Other druid races such as worgen and kul’tiran didn’t start off with a blessing of a Wild God. In the worgen starting zone, as a druid, you start off as a human without the worgen curse/gift. The Gilnean worgen barely knew of Goldrinn until the Night Elves saved the Gilneans.

Gilnean worgen are not part of the Emerald Dream, but the Night Elf druids who practiced the “Pack Form” were from the Emerald Dream and couldn’t control it.

Below is from Wowpedia:

The Druids of the Scythe are a sect of druids who advocated the use of the Pack Form during the War of the Satyr. Originally calling themselves Druids of the Pack , they shapeshifted into a powerful yet unwieldy form that embodied the fury of the wolf Ancient Guardian, Goldrinn. They called this form the Pack Form, a form that turned them into wolves. Although powerful, the Pack Form tended to turn the druids feral. Malfurion Stormrage prohibited the use of this form because it couldn’t be controlled. However, the Druids of the Pack continued to practice the form in secret, but eventually lost themselves to the form’s feral rage.

While in the worgen form, the druids eventually lost their minds to its violent nature. Blinded by all-consuming rage, Ralaar’s druids tore through friend and foe alike during battle with the satyrs. Night elves wounded by the unruly beasts contracted a virulent curse that turned them into worgen as well. Malfurion Stormrage mournfully banished the worgen beneath Daral’nir in the [Emerald Dream, where they would be in peaceful slumber for all eternity.

For millennia, the worgen threat was contained until the day Arugaltampered with summoning worgen after looking into Ur’s research, calling them into the world to combat the Scourge but accidentally unleashing the worgen curse on Gilneas. Some of the worgen were also released from their slumber by Velinde Starsong using the Scythe of Elune. Some of the worgen at Talonbranch Glade have been there since Velinde summoned the worgen.

Likewise, the Nightbane pack in Duskwood are also night elven worgen.

Regarding Kul’tirans and druidism, quoting from Wowpedia again,

The Drust were a population of seafaring vrykul who some time after the Sundering settled on Kul Tiras. They mainly lived in Drustvar, but also resided in several areas of Tiragarde Sound and to less extent Stormsong Valley. When the human sailors from Gilneas arrived in Kul Tiras around 2,700 years ago, the Drust, led by Gorak Tul, waged war against the human settlers. However, not all Drust agreed with the war, and the druidic Thornspeakers left Drust society to side with the humans.

Vulpera do not need to be previously associated with the Emerald Dream to be druids. They can learn druidism.

Please allow the Vulpera to be druids!!!

2 Likes

It’s also kind of a kick in the ribs to nelf fans when Druidism was just a nelf thing prior to WoW, and then it’s like “Oh, we decided our faction-specific classes are paladin and shaman.” But tauren love nature and eventually everyone forgot tauren druids weren’t a thing in WC3.

Worgen druids became a thing, thanks to having a druid-based shapeshifting curse, and then being taught by the nelves. Then they kept coming out with more Horde druids. Trolls were taught by Gonk, the worst-named Loa in the game. Highmountain tauren, despite not having any druids in the entirety of Legion, learned it from the Val’sharah druids or something. Then Kul Tirans show up with druids who weren’t taught by nelves at all. Then Zandalari get druids because “Wow wouldn’t be awesome to shapeshift into DINOSAURS?!” (And also Gonk again.)

Literally all nelves have to themselves now is Elune worship, but that seems to be going the way of the dinosaurs too.

1 Like

If the Horde keeps asking for it; Blizzard will be inclined to deliver.

1 Like

Exactly. In order to make the Horde more appealing, have to give them parts of Night Elf culture. :roll_eyes:

Actually there’s a sect of Elune-worshiping Zandalari druids in Zuldazar.

1 Like

Forgot about those.
Well, all nelves to themselves is, uh… Um…

Give me a minute.

1 Like

Night Warrior. They got the Night Warrior stuff. That’s all I can think of that isn’t some smarmy joke about being on fire.

They also have wardens! And several zones all about their culture.

errr but dark wardens are forsaken now?