Vulpera Discussion Megathread

As strange as it might be to suggest this, I am not certain voldunai rep will be mandatory to unlocking Vulpera. Because if it were, it would imply the gnome rep would be required for the mech gnomes. That would give the horde a huge head start towards what would presumably be an 8.2.5 launch since they’ve had many extra months to grind the rep.

They might still do it that way but if they do, you can bet there will be angry threads about horde bias.

3 Likes

The problem is that if Voldunai isn’t the Vulpera rep and a new rep comes beyond 8.2 for Vulpera, and assuming Mecha Gnomes are the Alliance counterpart, then the Alliance will have a head start with their reputation. There is “The Unshackled” rep, but that is more for the aquatic allies that the Horde works with in Nazjatar and would be the go-to rep for if Gilblins were an allied race.

Of course, outside of 8.2, unless you tie an Alliance allied race to one of the other two Alliance BfA reps, I don’t know what you would pair Voldunai with. It just seems like the logical rep to assign Vulpera to, in my opinion. ^^;

Yeah, it’s this mismatched nature of reps for possible ARs which makes me think they might do something other than rep gate them. They did once mention before bfa launched they might move away from reps

I’ve heard ppl say the same in regards to high moutain tauren and lightforged.

It might not be so far fetched.

They want AR’s to feel earned and for them to make sense.

I do recall seeing a few threads to that effect. So… yeah, they could just do it. It’s a possibility

1 Like

I suppose another argument is if the Mecha Gnomes would be the counterpart to Vulpera. If, say, Sethrak were the counterpart, they could just relate one of the two Alliance reps in Bfa to them. I realize that the Alliance don’t do much with them, nor do the reps relate to Sethrak in general, but with the Void Elves, they tied Argussian Reach to them and they didn’t really have much to do with that rep.

Seems like some decisions with tying reps to allied races may not make the most sense. Would they do that again in the future? Perhaps, or perhaps not. It’s hard to guess. x- x

1 Like

The whole idea disgusts me.

Your abysmal opinion is noted, Zombie.

2 Likes

Good! There should always be a race in your faction you’re uncomfortable with. It adds emotional depth

2 Likes

We may not have had much content with the Sethrak from the beginning. However, the interactions we DID have were incredibly positive in nature and shaped the line of the plot for the horde to follow.

The alliance’s role in saving Vorrik was essential to the plot overall of the devoted Sethrak and without their intervention there would have been no confrontation with Korthek and Mythrax would have been released far sooner.

Not to mention, I think they’re going to be relied upon again. At the end of the interactions with them, it was a kind of foreshadowing text saying, “we may rely on their aid in the future.” (not exact wording but same effect)

2 Likes

I am still confident sethrak are coming. But sadly nothing datamined in 8.2 suggests they will be next. 8.3.5 is my best guess after they get some face time in 8.3

1 Like

I agree with this entirely, honestly. I’m not expecting to see anything for 8.2.0/.5

It’s a big thing, honestly, to me that Sethraliss has become a figure for children’s week. To me it’s just as important to the sethrak as the brewfest mug is to the Vulpera.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to figure out if they plan to announce 8.2.5 races before the patch hits the ptr or if they’re just gonna do it day-of

It seems like they might wait until just before ptr launch at this point

well it depends on what exactly they meant by ‘no ARs planned for Rise of Azshara’ we don’t know if it entails 8.2 AND 8.2.5 or just 8.2.

Surely we’ll be able to find that out sooner than later, it depends if the Gnomes in Meccagon are truly AR or not. So if/when more info is released on the next alliance AR, then we’ll have a better idea for the window of when they’ll be released.

They’ll happen regardless. Just because “vulpera vs. mechagnomes”.
(Also, mechagnome rep can be gained through the Horde, while voldunai can’t be gotten by Alliance. It’ll be a s***show, as Taliesin says.)

I’m sure they are.

yea I’m sure it will as well. I don’t play the game right now but we’ll see how the player base reacts to if/when they’re released ^^;;;

It will be like Zandalari vs. Kul Tiran, but even worse: a huge success for Horde, a forgotten race for Alliance.

3 Likes

oh, well THAT was already a given lol

Horde getting a race they’ve been wanting and Alliance gets another that they never asked for or wanted :stuck_out_tongue:
well…rather very few people wanted them at least.

Alliance is getting only niche races.

I don’t mind niche races, everything has a fan. What vexes me is the overabundance of them in Alliance, while the obvious requested races are ignored by Blizzard.

1 Like

Yea…I definitely can agree with that. You would think after the deafening silence at Blizzcon '18 and how huge the talk began after the were shown off. So I can only imagine that this…is going to not go over very well.

I do agree that every niche race has its place and people who genuinely love the idea of them, they’ll be truly happy. That’s great for them~ :3 I’m…still waiting for my turn to feel that same desire