Vulpera Discussion Megathread

Foxfish!

6 Likes

They will hitch a ride with those skeleton Zandalari pirates we befriended.

S s s s s s s skeletons! :scream:

1 Like

It took a very long time to get Zandalari, how long until Vulpera?

Hopefully soon ^^ I’m eager to see more story elements as datamines come out.

5 Likes

Vulpera getting the “Brewfest” Icon (alongside the other Allied races) is a promising step forward towards them being playable (still not sure who would recruit them if they’re the Goblins Allied Race; the only one I could think of that might treat them well and not piss them off is Gazlowe). That being said, there likely will not be an additional Allied race for either side until 8.2.5 at the earliest (perhaps not even another wave of them until 8.3).

3 Likes

I can’t see anyone on the horde treating the vulpera badly except maybe the undead treating them with suspicion.

I meant within the Goblins of the Horde. IF Vulpera are going to be the Allied race for the Gob (which, yeah 
 that would be the most likely choice) 
 if Gallywix took an interest in them he would absolutely exploit them if he could. Its part of the reason I’m not fond of GilGoblins as a concept, because unless Grapplehammer fixes their cognitive deficiencies extremely quickly, Gallywix would only be interested in them (and those with them) as a slave race.

This is the guy that forced his workers to buy into Workers Comp that does nothing. He’s the guy that attempted to enslave the very people who he forced to pay their life-savings to get onto his boat; while escaping a tragedy that even HE admits he’s partially responsible for. Nearly every Goblin of note in this game (regardless of faction) absolutely hates the guy, largely due to the fact that I don’t think anyone is (at least partially) responsible for more Goblin deaths than he is (not even the Alliance).

Not necessarily (although I would love a fox pirate island)

All they really have to do is pick a relatively safe(ish) part in Vul’Dune. Maybe it’ll be phased to hide the high level mobs.

Kind of like how the Nightborne are in Suramar but still relatively isolated from the rest of the zone.

Or they can do what they did with the mag’har orcs and just drop them straight into the Orgrimmar entrance.

I would adore if this is how the scenario is set up
 and then the whole time is just the Vulpera out-scheming him while he still thinks he’s getting one over on them.

And your character goes along with it because it’s Jastor, bad things happening to him is fun.

5 Likes

Alternatively I’d also like for it to be Cromush. He don’t like the Alliance picking on the foxies, noes he don’t.

Those sly foxes

3 Likes

I would think they live in burrows, for the most part, that are very well hidden from the threats of Voldun.

1 Like

I’m thinking if Bilgewater Recruits Gilblins, the Huojin will recruit the Vulpera and teach them how to Kung Fu.

3 Likes

Tormenting Gallywix with the vulpera sounds like a wonderful recruitment quest.

4 Likes

Can you imagine a new section added in or close to Orgimmar with new burrows as a Vulpera sector? It’s awesome to think about! :smiley:

5 Likes

omg I can already imagine an unassuming sandy overhang in Orgrimmar, but when you go inside the burrow it’s a warren filled with different rooms and npcs and vendors and stuff

4 Likes

There can be things like training rooms, a bar and dance, a sleeping area for the inn, and an Alpaca petting zoo where they keep the mounts. It’d be amazing!

3 Likes

and then the tunnel continues to wind. The sand filters out to reveal hard steel. A huge underground goblin city beneath Orgrimmar! THE SHORT RACES WILL RULE MUAHAHAHA

or just a cute burrow. That works too.

3 Likes

You know, since the Vulpera like treasure, there could be a treasure hall or museum of sorts in the burrows that shows off stuff they have collected where they have traveled. It’d be a neat way to show off some of their culture. ^^

1 Like