Vulpera Discussion Megathread

Dropping here to show my support again!
I’m all for Blizzard delivering Allied Races the community want like Vulpera and Sethrak instead of what some developers want. Costumers first always.
Good luck! :snake: :fox_face:

12 Likes

Let’s start a bit of speculation here… just to see where it goes.

Let’s say, just to play devil’s advocate, that Blizzard IS planning to make Vulpera a full fledged base race packaged with the next expansion rather than an allied race gated by some achievement in a patch. Full races have to come with a starting zone and a low level questing experience exclusive to the race’s story. Where could this zone be and what might this zone questline entail?

3 Likes

If I was to guess I would say a place like Voldun. However I have not seen the Vulpera too much outside of that location. The Kul’tiran starting zone is in Kul’tiras. I think it would start off in the BFA timeline. So probably they would probably be fighting the Set’rak.

1 Like

Allied races don’t really get a starting zone, they get a small intro hub and then are dropped in stormwind or orgrimmar. If Vulpera get the full race treatment they will have to come up with a brand new zone we haven’t seen before.

Fox pirate island?

2 Likes

If they were a full new race, and they would get an instanced newbie area like Goblins and Worgen, then Vol’dun is the most likely place, with other Zandalar areas involved if they were to be chased out of Vol’dun to begin with and seek their Zandalari allies.

As a full new race, the questlines could lead into how they make the decision to join the Horde, and if Sethrak are their Alliance counterpart, then it makes even more sense for the starting area. Vol’dun could also be used for Sethrak to show their side of the story and how they join the Alliance.

When I typed up scenarios for Ogres as an allied race and as a full new races, one of the things I kept in mind is tying up any loose ends from previous questlines. That would need to be thought of and implemented in the storyline for Vulpera.

Sounds like it might be fun to think of typing up some stuff for Vulpera. I may think on it some and do some research when I can and see what I can come up with. I do want to see people discuss the circumstances of their becoming official members of the Horde as a playable race, also. ^^

1 Like

Are vulpera native to Zandalar? For some reason I thought they traveled from somewhere else a long time ago. If this is the case, I think a new island would work for them as a lost homeland, kind of like how playable Pandarens came from the Turtle, and then were introduced to Pandaria once they had leveled up. It might give us a chance to meet the fox Ancient, too.

2 Likes

Just Here showing support. I also thought they came from a different Location and Voldun was just an area they Migrated to.

5 Likes

That makes a lot of sense!

Wandering Isle vibe!

1 Like

It honestly didn’t occur to me that they could create an instanced version of vol’dun. They would just need to ensure that new players complete the zone before leaving so they can enter the non instanced version later.

2 Likes

Yea they can do instanced versions of anything, could even use an instance to represent 10 in-game years ago if we wanted.

But for the whole zone? they wont too much work required a section of it works better similar to Gorgrond only having a version of it.

1 Like

Well since they first introduced their original home was attack by Faithless maybe their starting area could be before that attack.

2 Likes

The thing is that by doing an instanced version of the whole zone, it saves them time creating brand new ones. The whole zone wouldn’t needed to be accessible, either. They just need to plan out mob placement, questlines, and events for the area.

It just makes the most sense, in my opinion. Now, if Sethrak aren’t the Alliance counterpart to Vulpera, then I could see Fox Island being the newbie area that doesn’t involve the other new race much, if at all.

2 Likes

I was thinking, for the sethrak, they keep mentioning this underground city. That’d be a good starting area for Sethrak that would also leave the surface area, mostly, open for the Vulpera~

5 Likes

That sounds like a neat idea. If Vulpera and Sethrak become playable, then you could have them have their own point-of-view on the events that occur that cause them to start fighting each other and join their respective factions. Seems like a lot of fun possibilities!

3 Likes

Well I don’t know if it’d be over fighting one another, but having a starting area for Vulpera involving the nomadic nature, surface dwelling style of the little guys. So while they’re learning about more in the outside world of Vol’Dun, the Sethrak have their own ‘world’ beneath the sands of the desert. Though surely there’d be some kind of interaction between the two in some way, shape or form…or both simply still somehow share the same kind of enemy: the faithless.

Though, with this common foe, I can see on difference in what the goal is between the two. Vulpera would be out to kill them while the Sethrak would be out to ‘convert’ them, of course this is just fun speculation, it’d be pretty neat if it followed that kind of course.

1 Like

Fighting each other would be if they are on opposite factions. I suppose they could work towards peace, of course.

That said, if they want to be friends, they both would be welcome to join the Horde! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh I didn’t mean towards being enemies with one another :stuck_out_tongue: Besides, the ones the Vulpera are truly enemies with are the faithless.

Of course they would surely still fight one another, I mean, as you said, they’d likely be opposite factions. So if they were to share an area, there’d be no doubt they’d be fighting one another as enemies. Plus it’d be a good way for a starting area to be PvP oriented :open_mouth: granted I don’t PvP, but it’d be a starting area where it could happen…dunno how that’d roll over with people though.

3 Likes

It could lead to a Vol’dun warfront or battleground of sorts, with each side helping their respective races (Vulpera for Horde and Sethrak for Alliance). Could be neat for those into PvP. I’m more of a PvE person, myself. ^^;

2 Likes

While a Vol’dun Warfront would be straight up epic and good way to reimagine some areas of the zone i can’t see it happening, its too current, too used unlike Darkshore and Arathi.

Closest we’ll have is the Assault.

Also what if the Sethrak/Vulpera combo is the first ever instanced low level pvp hub? not saying high level Vulpera should meet low level Sethrak and destroy there gaming experience just saying imagine it on a concept equal level to encourage the breakdown between the races where Vulpera decide to get back at the Sethrak, especially works if its more of the zone too.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about how the Vulpera’s ability to scavange and adapt would bring them inevitably to blows with the Sethrak; in desert environments especially, little creatures like that would probably become egg-stealers.

Maybe one of the early reasons for the Sethrak to take control over the Vulpera was to make sure they could protect their nests, then it all sort of grew out from there. Like almost how it was between the humans and the orcs and things got way out of hand.

Just in case they go with the idea of a shared starter zone for both these races and some quest chains that interact with each other, there can be a quest for Sethrak to recover stolen eggs in a cave, and a Vulpera quest to sneak around Sethrak homes to try and steal them. Both kinds of player would see each other in the world, and some npcs can be thrown in to take that role in later months when people rolling toons quiets down so the experience is preserved.

5 Likes