Vulpera Discussion Megathread

Well, there’s a foxcopter in Pandaria, just so you know. I think it’s also a toy (and I have it, if I’m not imagining things…)

1 Like

Looks at Tauren and Worgen looks at OP whining about Furries

Ironic.

4 Likes

Strange isn’t it?

1 Like

Maybe we’ll find another continent with forest dwelling night vulpera! The ancestors of our current ones. They’ll be taller and blue and have cool tattoo-like patterns!

…what?

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking a lot about the Vulpera since before Battle for Azeroth came out, thinking about when we discover the home-place of the Vulpera, it might be a thick forest or heavily wooded realm with tall trees, burrows and have a very peaceful, naturey atmosphere. I am looking forward to exploring where the original ancestors of the current Vulpera we meet in Vol’dun, live. I thought the Vulpera might originally be from and ancient forest full of the tallest trees somewhere on Azeroth (Northeast or west, off the coast of Northrend, in an as of yet unexplored land of snowy woods - home to a Celtic-themed, white stag race, draped in robes of deep green and ornate golden trim, with runes and baubles dangling from shimmering string from their crowns of impressive antlers, they could be archers, forest shaman and snowy, woodland druids - home to a neighboring dwarf clan, rustic and earthy, living in small, clover-topped homes, as well as the original forest-home of Vulpera, among other unmet races of Azeroth), and they still very well might be. I would love to write some of these races and stories for Blizzard! Maybe we’ll head there someday and be ambushed by tree-top Vulpera, with bows drawn and spears at the ready. And through exploring this northern forest realm, cool yet sunny, where beams of light shine through the canopy of it’s mighty pines, we’ll meet all manner of folk; from the lordly but warm stag race whose domain we’ve entered, at first unwelcome, and the jolly dwarvven forest gardeners, who show us the ropes around their neck of the woods and aid us in how to properly ask the woods for permission to enter, to a helpful tribe of merry tuskkar, raising the turtles who would grow up to become boats between the various northern islands and glaciers, and of course the keen, quick and protective Vulpera ancestors, we’ll learn of a land and a people that connects the past to the present. Perhaps this is where a woodland lord in the form of a fox-like creature resides, a demigod in hiding, or perhaps it’s here where he or she sleeps, near or in an undiscovered entrance into the emerald dream. Just fun thoughts!

Thanks for reading! Be quick, be clever! Peace all!

3 Likes

So, I think this question needs to be liked by people so we might get some news on ARs…or at least one can hope!

not my question but it’s a good one, I think! :smiley: Also it’s about time that we should hear about something new since we know KT and Zand Troll are coming out in the near future~

4 Likes

I upvoted it. I doubt it will be answered because it seems like the Q&A is specifically about 8.1.5 but it doesn’t hurt to try.

Up Voted! :fox_face:

At this point in history, who knows the Devs don’t respond something to liven up the atmosphere of BfA, wrapped in so much negativity, speaking about allied races and in particular, about our beloved little foxes? :wolf:

My sentiments exactly…if it’s anything like the last stream they had, it’ll be Ion gloating for half of it xD

Edit: I threw in my own question lol…it may be indirect but we MIGHT find out if Vulpera/Sethrak might get involved through asking it? (it’s a long shot but I’m trying lol)

8.1.5 seems to be starting to take a turn towards old gods, will there be any other races directly involved with them in the upcoming patch besides those directly affiliated with the alliance or horde?

1 Like

If the rumors floating around are true, than 8.1.5 won’t be until march. And blizz doesn’t seem like they plan on revealing anything coming past that. Sadly seems like we still have a while to wait for any more news on vulpera.

Don’t be sad! Be excited for the possibility that their current and past stories will be explored and uncovered! Experiencing the journey (that hopefully leads to their inclusion to our playable races, but is also simply a fulfilling and downright cool story all on it’s own, regardless) is something to cherish, and necessary for them or any race to thrive. Even Troggs have more (known to us) history than some of the races of Battle for Azeroth. The Vulpera and we as players are deserving of having their past understood. The Vulpera should probably have much more established before they are playable, otherwise, who and what exactly is one excited to play? To me, without purpose, meaning and intent, it would simply be a skin - an insanely cool model, but empty without an explored past or understood present. Depth will aid in strengthening their presence on our planet and for the playerbase.

At the moment, if they were revealed to be playable, one might initially get excited but then quickly, wonder would set it and a scratching of one’s head may take place - because despite the coolness, the thought still remains, that while playing as a Vulpera, you still don’t really know that much about them or who exactly you are playing (or why). That’s why I’d like to find out more, first, through a grand experience and friendship and learning about who they truly are and where they come from. Through exploring their ancestry, culture, history, and establishing a bond with them through a shared experience, as we are with the Zandalari Trolls and earlier with the Nightborn, we will pave the way for their entrance into the Horde and eventually as playable characters. If they are a playable race before those important criteria are met, I wouldn’t know my character very well or their history, culture, heritage, and traditions. Therefore, I want their inclusion to come from a place of meaning, purpose and intent so that their presence as a playable race, as well as on Azeroth, is strong, realized and developed well.

In the meantime, let’s enjoy theorizing on their past cultures and traditions, their links to Azeroth and it’s many landscapes and races, and how they’ve come to wind up where they are now! Nothing beats a healthy and heart-filled discussion that we players and supporters of our game contribute to. All of us wandering wonderers and wondering wanderers out there are the true World of Warcraft community, capable of friendship, meeting adventure and being present and aware in the moment - so that we radiate with the soft glow of peaceful enlightenment to better find ourselves and to help all who are lost, find us.

Thanks for reading! Be quick, be clever! Peace all!

3 Likes

Really hoping we get some new this q&a. Morale across the game seems low.

3 Likes

That’s actually a question worth asking the q and a.

I urge all to upvote this one because it has a chance of being answered

5 Likes

Did my part here’s hoping they actually try to answer us.

1 Like

I’m just disheartened by the devs lack of communication on ARs. I want to know what ARs are getting more customization and when new ARs are in the pipe.

3 Likes

I don’t think this should happen - ever.

We bypassed so many other “Allies” in previous expansions with established Lore just for some furry foxes.

facepalm To me it cheapens the overall game, like Hello Kitty Universe or something.

Implying that Vulpera don’t have lore either, which they do. The “Hello Kitty” thing is pretty cheap coming from a night elf of all things. We can literally play actual large felines in a spec dedicated to it.

And:

1. Previous expansions didn’t offer allied races.
  2. No one said that the races from other expansions won’t ever be playable.
  3. A new race isn’t any less valuable because it’s new.
  4. Just because you see Vulpera as just “cute” doesn’t mean they don’t have depth that you simply refuse to see.
  5. You don’t have to play them, getting upset enough to say “cheapens the game” is laughable.
  6. Somehow Vulpera are less viable than goblins and gnomes because they have fur? Pleeease.
14 Likes

Yeah, WoW has had cute and furry things from the start and it’s been added to as time went on. Adding another race that fits the “cute” or “furry” labels would be no big deal and only add to an existing aspect of the game.

3 Likes

What a great thread!
It’s clear to me that everything is pointing in our favor and Vulpera will be playable at some point for sure.
I hope to also see playable gnolls at some point as well.

I will be checking back on here for more juicy details!

1 Like

I think it’s fair to say that Vulpera are aesthetically different than any existing PC race, in the sense that they are the only race in the middle of the cute/small/fluffy Venn Diagram. If they weren’t new, people probably wouldn’t be this excited for them. However, it’s important to remember that these particular design elements have been a part of warcraft since the beginning. It’s also worth mentioning of all the allied races revealed so far, none of them are cute or small or fluffy. To suggest that the Vulpera somehow imbalance the game towards any of these attributes is to ignore every other race added.

Vulpera are keeping aesthetic balance with the other allied races and give the horde a combination they didn’t have before, but they neither imbalance the game’s atmosphere or tread outside established boundaries

5 Likes