Vote to Kick REALLY needs to be changed

It gets to a point you just don’t want to play anymore. So many players say s*** because I am from Barthilas, yes it actually happens regularly, I even had one guy whisper me after I was kicked telling me how Barthilas is bad.

Today doing Stonecore TW, going fine until second boss where everyone else died, boss got to about 2% health when I was the last one alive, which happens in almost every TW Stonecore group, but than at the next pack I got booted.

Yes, people don’t have to group with me for any reason and can kick you for whatever reason they feel like, and yes now you think I’ve done something wrong and it was all my fault am I am here whining for being bad and ‘it’s not fair’, but when you can do this: ~https://imgur.com/a/6zFRc08.

Yeh, it makes you wonder what people are thinking and why you should even bother trying. Group would have been wiping for sure if I didn’t do that much DPS.

No, I don’t pull ahead of the tank, no I don’t pull additional mobs that the tank is not already hitting, no I don’t AFK. Yes, I almost always top DPS unless there is some severely OP player player is carrying in normal dungeons or something. I even go out of my way to tank and heal to try and help the community, but why bother? You can put in all this effort and boom, gone because someone doesn’t like your name or the server you are from or that you speak English or whatever reason.

I’ve even been booted after a group complained about their high ping, I noted that the ping is dependant on the group leader and boom, gone. Yes, I know that changes nothing since you are already zoned in, but it doesn’t stop others from kicking you out because they got stuck on high ping.

Honestly why should I ever bother with any rando groups if this is how you get treated? I should just semi AFK like everyone else does.

6 Likes

I feel your pain. And I agree; VtK needs some changes. Maybe a prompt after you’ve been kicked that asks you to fill a brief description box such as the report ones that asks if you know why you were kicked. That if you then fill out, can allow blizz to look into “unlawful” kicks. Just a simple idea; I’m sure they could come up with a better solution.

You’re probably about to be lambasted by GD for suggesting this though. I wish you well. Not everyone sees it our way.

2 Likes

No because players can abuse VTK however they want and get away with it because insert random excuse here.

I had someone the other night who was ‘AFK’ in LFR, he wasn’t really, but you know what LFR players are like and when I called him out he remarked “Barthilas are all low IQ”. Thankfully it was LFR and one player cannot initiate a VTK on their own.

It sucks so bad when stuff like that happens.

1 Like

I’ve only ever heard of a few servers with server wide reputations like this, but I’ve never seen someone denied from a group because of it before.

It’s terrible how entitled some players can be

1 Like

And if you make it so you can’t vote kick or have to go through hoops to kick people can just be toxic/afk.

There’s no definitive correct answer here.

7 Likes

Blizzard can put more limits on VTK so players won’t just willy nilly kick anyone for any reason. At least than players would have to choose carefully who they kick otherwise they will eventually run into that dude who is AFK or trolling and cannot kick them out.

How it is now you can basically kick anyone at anytime for any reason, it’s not like I am being kicked for being bad and am certainly not AFK or trolling, and if you look at the link I provided you see the rogue pulling less DPS than the tank, but I was the one who got kicked out.

I try to take it with a grain of salt thinking how much worse those runs would be without me, especially that last run where I was doing overall 47% of the damage. But after enough times it really does have a negative effect and makes me think twice about even playing, and that we don’t need right now, players stopping and leaving.

2 Likes

And if they have a bad spree of afkers and toxic people? Their hands are now tied because the system has now branded them as trigger happy.

Same thing with you when you ran into a string of people that kicked you.

It goes both ways, see?

It’s not a perfect system, but provided you aren’t toxic, this shouldn’t be the norm for you. There’s also an option to make a group.

Best of luck.

7 Likes

Trust me if you want, but I am far from toxic. I don’t pull ahead, I follow the tank to ensure I don’t pull additional packs, I know when to dismiss and recall my pets (or just wait until out of combat before running past certain enemies like in NW). And unless I am tanking or healing I don’t say a word, when I do tank or heal it’s simply offering advice like with some bosses in older dungeons or when I see players who are blatantly new and need assistance.

But it happens enough being kicked for whatever reason and being called this or that due to the server I am from that it is quite the norm. I even got kicked once from an IE on an alt because I was not pulling enough AZ. The two premade mythic geared players were using an addon or WA, at the 3 minute mark it popped up in chat the AZ gains and than a 10 second countdown before I was booted.

Yes Blizzard can do more, and from experience no you don’t run into that many AFK or purposely trolling players. You may run into a string of bad players, but that’s no reason to kick someone from the group, you are signing up to a random group and it’s the same for everyone, you are signing up to content and should expect both a certain level of good and bad play.

You might run into a new healer or tank, you may have a bad DPS who is actually trying, is that a reason to be a troll to them or kick them out? They have to learn somewhere.

But if you find players who are obviously pulling ahead and making the run worse, or being AFK, or saying things that goes against the EULA than yes, that is a good reason to kick someone.

Simply existing in the group and not playing the way YOU want me to play (not you, but you know what I mean), or being from a specific server, you see it here all the time people whining about Ragnaros and any other SA server, that’s not fair on those players and certainly not a reason why you can vote kick them out.

2 Likes

That’s fine then it’s not the norm if you are telling the truth regarding your playing.

imo easy que content shouldn’t need vtk unless afk or trolling. i decline players who vtk because “bad” being bad is only going to get solved by practice. (and besides, fiestas are fun when there is no timer)

your whole posts reads like you got kicked for your mouth, not for your performance. Performance people will most often excuse (unless you are holding the group back) - attitude you rarely get a free pass on that.

1 Like

What is that and what does it have to do with anything?

So you believe this but made this thread?

Thank God you were there to carry them all!

I don’t see any problem here. I see someone who rolled some unlucky dice and got into a group composed of people who did not meet their personal standards then bragged on the forums about their DPS compared to these random people who may have been newer for all we know.

I could change the system in 10 minutes to be fair. Thats how inept the game makers are they don’t fix anything just keep creating problems.

really - how

Starting… NOW click

One time I was in group where they accidentally kicked the wrong person because their name had a similar spelling. Then someone said “you just kicked our highest dps”

I don’t know if I can trust your post because Barthilas is so bad

A Blizz guy posted a funny cartoon clip of someone yelling at the healer for being bad, so the Healer clicked that guy’s name, typed “:poop: heals” and hit enter. That guy gets kicked. I really wanna try that some day.

2 Likes

Extra points if all the others are friends and you got them to kick their buddy.

1 Like