Void storage

honestly when this launched in 4.3 i thought “cool” but i dont think anyone or myself has ever found any practical use. I thought using this for timewalking content would be GREAT but you cant add items that have gems or enchants to storage or unique items LOL for heavens sake blizzard what is wrong with you cooking up systems that are beyond featureless… Thanks for using my monthly sub for something grand…

1 Like

Void storage is just an extra storage space it really doesn’t matter much

Make your bags bigger in the bank and stop ranting about void storage if you dislike it

1 Like

My 8.3 gear is in the void storage

Because I like to go back and look at what amazing corruption gear I had at one point in WoW and still miss having 8 stacks of masterful 3s

Insert “we don’t do that here” meme lol

They come here to complain and move on. It’s almost like a therapy session, and you’re just along for the ride

Oh right thats where I put my legendaries from legion…

my twinks in cata/mop had 5x spares of each bis item that dropped from sunwell/bt/icc/dragonsoul and later soo so that i could play with different itemizations

void storage made that possible

carry 4 sets in bags, gemmed/enchanted spares in bank, empty spares in void storage

back then mogs werent account wide either, so i had a tab for raid sets i liked

Literally the only thing I ever used my void storage for. At one point, my entire bank and VS were nothing but mogs. Still wish I could have the sets back I farmed but deleted for space and they aren’t in my collection. I’m not doing AQ runs again.

1 Like

remember when we could mog items that weren’t our desigated armour type? i do :sob:

i wore cloth as a paladin and had the cutest cloth mog. and then they made it unmoggable

1 Like

I had the whole “undead slaying” set from the Wrath pre-patch :cry:

2 Likes

Suppose you have a child playing on your account from 13 years to 18 years, if you transfer their toons to a new account in their name, they will have basically zero mogs move to their new account besides what they are wearing. However, if you drop their gear into void storage rather than delete it, it will show up in their mog inventory after you create new account for them.

It does still have a purpose. Before mogging, it was very useful.

iirc void storage was introduced at the same time as transmog; it just stopped being useful when the wardrobe system was added in Legion

Insert the “And yet you LIVE in a society… I am very clever” meme

It’s still useful if you have more than one battlenet account. My paladin and warrior were on same account, but I moved my paladin to other account, but it no longer had any mogs. Rare armor mogs earned on the pally were now only usable aon my warrior. If I would have put items in void storage, pally would would have them as well.