Void elves cosplaying as high elves and dark rangers

I do think that’s an additional problem. Some stuff gets cut. I’m here for things being more fleshed out when they get the chance.

2 Likes

Golden eyes, I can somewhat agree with as for the most part they are supposed to depict the Light. However, I am 100% in support of Void Elves getting green eyes not only because they are allowed to have Fel as part of them (Warlocks) but also because green is a color that can be found in Void creatures (like Y’shaarj).

Technically there’s some implications that standard Orcs can’t tap into the Light, although it’s more so speculation due to the nature of the Red Mists that they were afflicted with in their past.

1 Like

Maybe if it’s a different shade of green, but really they need to work at making things more distinct and not keep watering it down. Belves already gave up enough.

1 Like

Yeah. Fair.

I would counter with, “Man it’s been part of the Blood Elf thing since 2006.”

But like, they got blue eyes so I don’t know that it matters. I’m really not for or against it.

Rocks can’t cast. But they’re soft rocks?

You all got the skin tones and hair to balance that. Y’all don’t need to take everything of ours’.

Something more to theme for Velves, yes. Like this:

https://i.imgur.com/nLslXLt.jpg

Not our exact eyes. It’s the only thing left distinct about us. They took everything else.

2 Likes

And Blood Elves never should have gotten Blue Eyes. That’s just as much of a problem as Void Elves getting Blood Elf Options - Blue Eyes was a Void Elf (and by extension, High Elf) thing.

You can’t advocate for keeping uniqueness but still say Blood Elves should have gotten Blue Eyes - because at that point, Void Elves already had Blue Eyes, meaning the Blood Elves asking for Blue Eyes were asking to take uniqueness away from Void Elves.

It’s a 2-way street.

Y’all always complain that Void Elves stole unique options from Blood Elves, but ignore the fact the Blood Elves did the same exact thing.

1 Like

Those eyes really do look awesome on them

Im not sure that its fair to compare an eye colour to a full range of skin tones and hair colours.

Its 1 things vs like what, 25?

3 Likes

It’s amazing the depth of thought and effort put into such a niche thing as “dark rangers in WoW”.

Yes it is? It’s one side asking for options from the other.

This is exactly my point - Horde act like it’s fine to ask for Alliance things but think the world is wronging them if Alliance ask for Horde stuff.

1 Like

One small thing vs basically everything.
Its just not comparable.

Especially eye colour is negligible as character customisation

3 Likes

there is lore precedent for it though. The sunwell still has some arcane in it. and the reality is that blood elves aren’t a hivemind. there are bound to be people that were out traveling during the WC3-TBC time period completely missing the time fel was used and radiated blood elves that were present for it.

(And then there are obviously also high elves that choose to rejoin their people in silvermoon)

2 Likes

There is lore precedent for Void Elves with normal skin tones as well though.

1 Like

If that’s the stance you’re taking then idk why you are saying blood elves shouldn’t have gotten blue eyes then :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

There really isnt though.
Weve just sorta filled in the gaps that Blizzard never said.
I really wish they would actually talk about what void elves are up to.

Just pointing out people’s hypocrisy.

1 Like

There literally is, in the first Void Elf introduced in the lore.

1 Like

Ahhh I see carry on then.

She became a void elf in a process that doesnt exactly seem repeatable. And is not the only confirmed way that playable void elves became void elves.

And when playable void elves came out it was made clear that the void had transformed them.

There was no lore for it.
Thats why everyone assumes its the elves training in telagos rift becoming a second generation of void elves in a third method.

Assumptions based on the options.
There is a real lack of lore.

That might be the opinion of some, but it’s not an opinion I agree with. It also doesn’t appear to be the opinion Blizzard agrees with either.

There’s nothing wrong with “giving up” stuff from Blood Elves as nothing is being stolen. You keep your stuff, and Void Elves get what counts as new stuff to them.

I don’t agree that it needs to be a different shade. It should be the same shade, and both races can then get new shades that are shared. I would like to see the day where color selection for things like eyes and hair become tied to a color wheel for particular colors anyways.