Void elves cosplaying as high elves and dark rangers

Nah. I assume they both got them because there has been a three year forum war. They’re definitely aware of forum requests. They added the hair colors pretty quick after the skin tones.

I don’t think they do anything because of adults getting into wars with each other online. I think they do it because it will add more customization. Which is fine. They stated before Shadowlands that they weren’t gonna necessarily always follow lore for customizations.

So it’s well within that for Nightborne to get the looks. Especially since their options are still so limited. It’s not gonna hurt anything.

2 Likes

Man. I’m not sure of this one. So normally if you’re like, “Our character can be whatever they want.”

Like, the Race stuff kind of has to be lore consistent?

I don’t see why an Orc can’t be a Paladin, they just have to believe in the light hard enough.

But that doesn’t mean he can be a dragon orc.

If there can be a black dragon with a HM Tauren visage, I could picture an Orc visage. These things could be unlimited now that they completely broke lore.

Well yeah. There can be a DRAGON that looks like an Orc. that’s normal lore stuff.

I’m talking about an Orc Dragon. Important distinction.

Also, like. Why are we even bothering to talk here if you don’t think it has any effect?

To socialize with each other. They likely do not have the time to read through every thread or even most of them.

They’re not so blind they don’t see a trend. I don’t think they’re changing based on individual posts. But the trend for hair color customizations for Void Elves made them change directions pretty quick.

I mean, we’re talking about Dark Fallen customizations which are a response to a trend in conversation.

I’m sure they see some requests, but I doubt they think we’ll this person slighted this other person, so let’s give the other person customizations out of spite. Most adults don’t work that way.

Nah. But the three year war that happened where there was a group of people arguing against High Elves and a group of people arguing for them definitely has lead to the current design decisions. They didn’t happen in a vacuum.

I think what they arrived to out of that was that people weren’t happy they still didn’t get Helves. I don’t think there was anymore motivation than that. They weren’t trying to help people win some online “war.” And as far as Darkfallen appearances, there were rarely any Velf players that requested that.

2 Likes

Mmm. For the hairstyles and stuff yes, they’re responding to a request.

But I think the general policy of like, giving blue eyes, purple eyes to both and now Darkfallen is probably just because you’ve got those two seperate groups of people fighting.

That being said, it could also just be a lore decision. It’s not weird to think that some Dark Rangers, when freed, would go to the Alliance.

How many Dark Rangers are from Dalaran? You know.

No I don’t think that at all. Especially because from the outside, a lot of that stuff probably comes off as immature. I doubt they delve too much into it at all.

I don’t think it’s a lore decision either. I think they decided with new customizations that they are just gonna throw things at people for options and not have player characters as they appear and named tied to lore.

Mmm. But if they’re doing that they could just throw them at Nightborne.

They didn’t add any weird customizations when they added customizations.

It was like, “Hey, maybe you want to be able to play a Wildhammer Dwarf. Or a Forest Troll. Or a Frost Troll.”

I don’t really agree with the idea that the lore consistency is gone?

Even recent conversations with them… like, they’re talking about adding races to classes and they’re like, “sometimes we’re gonna have to add lore to justify it.”

I don’t think they’ve given up on that at all.

Exactly. But it’ll take a little work because they don’t have that skin at the ready for them. I’d welcome it if they do, because they don’t have a lot of options. Get get pretty ignored.

That’s fine, but it’s been pretty shaky even at the time of TBC where they made some characters that were heroes in WC III suddenly into villains to fill boss slots.

Probably not given up completely, but it won’t be such a stickler. So why the hell not give a race that has such few things something at least. It’s not like Sylvanas didn’t also raise Horde.

i think its roleplaying targeted.

Oh man, I feel like all the Allied Races are pretty ignored in general. It’s surprising about Nightborne though because people play them.

I don’t know why WoW’s got such limited bandwidth for customizations honestly.

Maybe it’s just that it’s like… a bigger recruitment tool, but not a retention tool?

The old pacing where they just murdered everybody important so that you were murdering important people was weird… and ended with cataclysm because there was nobody left to kill.

It is severely limited for most allied races. Hopefully they add more in the future.

I wish it ended with Cataclysm, because I wouldn’t have lost Vol’jin. Who last we saw was turned into a Loa, but then nothing after that.

1 Like

I don’t know if it just takes time to make a Warcraft III character someone really likes. Like, theoretically they should have replacement characters.

And sometimes they do. Chromie and Ysera are hits.

Maybe they just don’t do enough world building. I feel like Talia is maybe important? Right? Maybe?

They did really well in Legion with Thalryssa though.

I really wish they had replacement leaders in place before they did all they did to the Horde. It seems like they had a beginning and middle to that story but not really the end of it.

I miss a lot of the world building. They cut the Blood Elf stuff from Warlords of Draenor. Now they’ve got golden eyes. But most of the development of the groups from World of Warcraft happens in like one second snippets. Or I suppose, they’re more focused on the person representing that race?

1 Like