Void elves cosplaying as high elves and dark rangers

Okay. But I’m not sure what that has to do with the customization. Also: Nathanos is kinda poof gone.

I was replying to Psylocke’s comment:

I have never once seen any other race as a dark ranger

And while Nathanos is gone, other Dark Rangers are not. There’s no reason Velonara or the others can’t continue training new Dark Rangers among the Forsaken.

OH! My bad. lol

1 Like

i too, think dark rangers were only high elves from w3,nathanos being the exception, the void elves with dark rangers customizations could be w3 dark rangers just deflecting to alliance to learn void magic, after all some high elves and blood elves are there.

the night elves didn’t need any training to become great in ranged combat, so sylvanas didn’t train anybody, becoming dark ranger could take years of training.

It would be nice if Blizzard filled in the lore gaps.

1 Like

I just like the slip of “horse” when thinking of humans and the Alliance. lol

The anti RP-talk has no weight anymore. It has been over since the Blood Elves got the Dark Ranger customization despite not having suitable racials.

1 Like

Wah, wah, wah.

Who’s the game-sona of the head writer to boot.

I prefer the red over blue quite a bit. You like Blue eyes, I like red. Lets have both, aka, options :grinning:

The lack of racials makes the skin feel not as exciting IMHO. Feels like I have to use a Void elf to feel like a Dark Ranger. Racials on it match better.

Until they have developed a subrace system, you’ll continue to feel this way.

Insert D&D from Game of Thrones: “Well Blizzard kind of forgot about Nightborne Elves and their players…”

Queues up Curb Your Enthusiasm’s end credit music.

2 Likes

We literally see Sylvanas killing and plague bombing her own Horde troops in the siege of Lordaeron. No reason they can’t hand wave that some of her Nightborne allies were caught in the mix and become Dark Rangers.

1 Like

Raised dead elf isn’t a horde staple anymore because they’ve got some free will. Night Elf Dark Rangers returned to the Night Elves. There are going to be some High Elf Dark Rangers too.

Void Elf strikes me as more of a loose Alliance Elf coalition these days.

Nightborne have never been turned.

Also, red eyed blood elves make as much sense lorewise as blue and purple eyed Blood Elves. So thats fair too.

Yeah the handwaving to allow for Nightborne dark ranger customization is really easy. I’m now convinced that adding the customization to Nightborne would have required a tiny bit of extra work, since they’re not a direct copy like void elves and blood elves are, and Blizz just couldn’t be bothered.

2 Likes

Yeah, your name plate says Blood Elf, not Dark Ranger.

Why are people complaining? There are no Dark Ranger pc’s in WoW.

I mean… maybe they are just sticking to the lore?

Void Elves represent both High Elves and Void Elves. Its not strange to think some Dalaran High Elf Dark Rangers are just gonna go home once they are free.

Didnt the blood elves JUST get a second heritage questline, mount, armor set for paladins and two polearms? And it was a long questline with lore, unlike dark irons

the blood elves and high elves were the signature of the dark rangers. So obviously blood elves get it, void elves get them because they can be high elves and since it uses the same model, they look like actual dark rangesr no matter.

Night Elves were being turned into dark rangers during BfA in Darkshore, so it makes sense they get them

Nightborne got nothing because they’ve never been shown to be raised as dark rangers and Sylvanas, as far as I remember, has not been raising any undead for a long time, not counting the soldiers that were blighted during the Undercity plague in BfA because the in game leaders hate it and players started hating it too