Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

I’m not of the opinion either race makes sense for Demon Hunter.

Not with current lore anyways.

Neither one has any connection to Illidan and the Illidari.

I do expect in the future that the Illidari will, kinda like the DKs, expand. Probably by recruiting and training new members of other races. I expect at that time that like with DK’s it will be for all races.

1 Like

Void elves are technically blood elves. Blood elves are high elves.

Void elves are just blood/high elves that got a lil nuts with void magic.

That said I 100% am against void elves being able to look like blood elves/high elves. They aren’t ‘normal’ in appearance because they messed with the void. It’s obvious pandering to the alliance, but eh. Whatever.

Can I get undead paladins maybe? haha

actually the void elves would have a connection - i would think a demon hunter belf could have easily been swayed when void elves became a thing, but I do agree it makes lil sense for a nightborne to be a demon hunter.

Though does fel magic cancel out the void magic? unsure on this - lore fanatics, help me out here

It amazes me how much people think someone else getting something diminishes what they already have. Who cares if velves look like belves? It’s not the end of the world.

8 Likes

Allot of people care, both void elf fans and blood elf fans, about that as this thread had proven several times.

4 Likes

I wonder why couldn’t WoW have something like this in the Void?

Just because they care doesn’t mean they /should/. My main’s a blood elf. Why would it hurt me if some alliance guy looks exactly like I do? It doesn’t matter in the slightest. If it makes him happy, so be it. Happy players are more likely to stick around. I’d argue that if I was butthurt that Mr Void elf looks like me, the issue is 100% me.

1 Like

Thats not true.

They’re blood elves who were forced through a transformation. Its covered in their recruitment scenario.

The only canon Void Elves are from that bunch. We still don’t have any confirmation that any new ones have been made.

Or how.

I think they should myself. But thats another can of worms.

We have no evidence that any new Void Elves have been made. At all.

We only know that some high elves and blood elves are coming to study. Nothing more. No new Void Elves have shown up with natural skin tones.

Demon Hunters take a demon into their being, Void elves take the void into their being.

There isn’t anything that says they’d be incapable of working together and in fact warlocks often use some shadow/void as well.

Many people evidently.

Relax. You don’t have to agree with them, but don’t dismiss them out of hand. Oi.

1 Like

Immersion being the big word here. It may not effect you, but it does effect others, like for me regular blood elves doing everything a void elf can do (racials in this case) lessens the impact of having to be (in this case forced into) being transformed by the void and changing into a new kind of being.

2 Likes

This guy over here wanting to expand DH but only to 2 new races and happens to make it the other 2 elf races.

Smh.

2 Likes

Void elves were created after the Demon Hunters existence though. There were blood elves who were literally kicked out of the horde for dabbling with void magic and becoming void elves - so if they were kicked out for it, I don’t see why demon hunters couldn’t have also become void elves. I think you may have your timeline a little backwards, possibly? Void elves were a thing that happened at the end of legion, like literally. They didn’t always exist like the lightforged, etc.

Lots of people care, actually. A lot of people feel like allowing void elves to look like blood elves just basically gives alliance high elves/blood elves - which kind of takes away from the uniqueness of a void elf and blood elf. It’s also, if you think about it, a bit of a slap in the face that void elves get these cool customizations but blood elves don’t lol But I ain’t hostile over it, so relax lol it’s not like Blizz is gonna go ‘OOH SOMEONES UPSETTI, BETTER TAKE THIS AWAY’ lol

Thiiiiiis.

I think you summed it up perfectly, honestly. Immersion is a big reason a LOT of people enjoy any MMO

1 Like

Demon Hunters are not a part of Blood Elven society. Its highly unlikely that any demon hunters would have joined Umbric and his followers.

Keep in mind Demon Hunters are a part of the Illidari, and tend to see themselves, much like many of the Death Knights, as a separate group.

Since Blizzard did not give them Demon Hunters as a class, its also logical to assume that none did join them.

I am aware of the timeline.

Yeah… While I get wanting more Demon Hunters, given the current lore available I’d suggest Orcs and Draenei honestly…

Or more likely Blizzard will add them to everyone later on like they did with Death Knights with story to explain the Illidari recruiting and training more from all races.

Sure, and I totally get what you’re saying here - but logically there could have been some that did.

I mean yeah, I agree with you, most likely A BUNCH of void elf demon hunters probably wouldn’t make sense lore wise, no. I’m just saying if they wanted to cave and add them as a playable race, it’s not unheard of.

Like that one lone pandaren DK in WoD, lol

That one DK doesn’t explain the new Pandaren Death Knights.

All the new AR and pandaren Death Knights are explained through a recent recruitment. Its not some cave to players desires in that case. (or at least if it is its done with some amount of sense.)

Like I said above, the only way I see any new Demon Hunters really coming to be is going to be through the Illidari training them of their own accord in a future expansion. They’re not going to explain it as “oh yeah some were always there”.

Also story wise it makes little sense that the Illidari who keep themselves away from their parent cultures (be that Night Elf or Blood Elf) would have had the desire to join Umbric in the first place.

Also tbf they’ve only ever added classes with new expansions whether thats a new class or adding classes to current races.

Okay.

So hear me out here.

• This ‘orc’ is a level 45 trial character, rather than a properly leveled character.
  • If you check the armory, that character hasn’t been logged in since the squish in the pre-patch.
  • Instead of speaking normally or full orc, he speaks in this weird hybrid of the two, which is indicative of non-orcs trying to sound like orcs, because most orcs can do both properly and don’t end up with some weird attempt at one.
  • By the current looks of it, he’s an elfgate conspirator.

Anyone else following?

1 Like

Wouldn’t really be surprised.

Though I didn’t expect he was a serious debater in all this so far. lol

I’m aware of that. The Pandaren DK from WoW was literally just one Panda who got caught up in the scourge, I was more just making a joke lol

Glad it was a joke. Folk have used such examples seriously before. lol

Fair, I do recall people arguing that pandas should be DKs and using that as an example before but no, I promise - I was just joking lol

Technically - the Goblin dks (original ones anyway) weren’t from the same cartel as the normal goblins, right? DK lore is tricky sometimes for me lol