Void Elf-High Elf Customization Thread

Excuse?

It would be appreciated if the harassment going on here came to a close.

We understand that you want to look good in front of your friends, but as I’ve mentioned we will accept you with open arms. You don’t have to hide your love for this request any longer, we are on the same side.

It’s upsetting those against the request are being so hostile, things had been quite civil.

Please stay on topic, as it’s against the forum rules to go off-topic.
We can now peacefully return to the love for blood elf hair options for void elves.

Please refrain from false flagging as well, it’s incredibly rude and uncalled for.

4 Likes

Not everyone wants this, I for sure don’t.

Also this is a spam thread made when there are already two megathreads about this exact topic going already, which I pointed out in my first post in this thread.

3 Likes

Ah, old faithful.

“It’s not the people mass flagging’s fault, it’s the people they’re harassing!”

OP is from WRA too, so this could go either way.

7 Likes

It’s never “their” fault, it’s somehow everyone else’s.

Good catch, legit, good catch because I was super confused.

5 Likes

Sure.

2 Likes

Hopefully they actually do something about the person false flagging.

1 Like

Nah, we did! I even said:

Because I never used that unique thing as an argument. :smiley:

1 Like

You are being very disingenuous with this.

Trying to compare a race designed neutral with a race that has been on the horde since BC is a false equivalence.

In saying that though, I’m all for more added to Pandaren that are faction exclusive. Give us more distinctions in our race based on faction.

11 Likes

No, it’s not a false equivalence.

People want blood elves to be visibly different from a glance from void elves.

That logic makes zero sense when Pandaren also exist and are not visibly different from a glance.

ANd it wouldn’t put Horde down one either, because void elves wouldn’t be visibly different from blood elves unless they had void-only hair. And even then, blood elves have jewelry that void elves can’t use.

3 Likes

literally the same thing lol. same exact species.

2 Likes

Only if you ignore the context of why they exist on both factions. Again introduced as neutral as a key feature, High Elves were given to the horde under Blood elves in TBC.

I can appreciate Pandaren but also value faction distinction when Blizz has said that the faction boundaries aren’t disappearing any time soon.

Pandaren have had there options as a neutral race since there inclusion, Alliance were never given, promised or entitled to having a direct 1:1 copy of a Horde race that was added in TBC.

You don’t have to take away options to value distinctions, but adding some to a already neutral race seems perfectly reasonable to me.

You are essentially asking for a Horde race to be neutral. I have a hard time believing that some wouldn’t be at least a bit miffed.

10 Likes

I love how it’s

“Void Elves are Blood Elves and Blood Elves are High Elves” when people ask for High Elves.

But “You are not Blood/High Elves, you’re Void Elves” when people want more normal hairstyles.

Which is it, are we blood elves or not?

You can’t even make up your mind.

9 Likes

As per Wikipedia:

False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning.

You are pitting a race that has had its place within an specific faction for 15 years, to one that was especifcially introduced with neutrality as its hook and that still is capable to pick a side.

It absolutely is a false equivalence.

Sure you can compare them all you want, but you can also compare a cherry to a watermelon because they’re both round, and in neither case you’d be correct.

But what really matters is that she would get the pretty elves. Who cares if other people doesn’t like it.

I suggest you do the unlocking scenario for Void Elves. All the info it’s right there.

7 Likes

i have twice over for 2 accounts. did you also miss the fact there were blood elves and high elves in the starting zone? you can also have high elf skin tones now. i see no reason not to get high elf hair colors other than horde players screaming “MINE!!!”

6 Likes

If you did, and you missed Umbric saying that they were changed, then that’s on you.

It’s too early for me to deal with headcanon.

There’s no source that says those wayfarers went through the transformation. And even if they did, they would cease to be what they were and become void elves.

And that’s a valid reason wether you like it or not. You can’t get everything in life just because you want it.

6 Likes

I support this as well. There are a few velf female hairstyles and male beards that would look so good on some of my belf characters :star_struck:

4 Likes

I have to agree here. As much as there’s certain things I want for Void Elves (even if it’s not specifically Blood Elf assets), I would like to see some Void Elf assets (like hairstyles) shared with Blood Elves, even if they are variants. Void Elves got the model and animations as a straight up copy/paste, and several Void Elf hairstyles are already variants of Blood Elf hairstyles.

I think that Blood Elves should get variants of the unique Void Elf hairstyles at the very least. Add those to Dark Ranger/San’layn customization options, scars, tattoos, unisex jewelry, separate mustache/beard options and more of them, and then I think Blood Elves will be in the state they should have been at Shadowlands launch.

5 Likes

Indeed it is, like mass flagging my post a few days ago, even after editing it out and publicly apologizing, only to be restored by a mod confirming nothing was wrong with it, both before and after the edit.

And this post of Kirela also mass flagged? Indeed, it’s 200% pathetic. It’s probably the one thing we’ll ever agree on.

2 Likes

Still can’t understand why you people are still so mad over wanting more options, over HAIR COLORS no less. I can’t understand the mindset of people on these forums. Yikes.

5 Likes