Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

Its not enough of a squick for me that I can’t see them but I appreciate your concern and the concern for other posters. :smiley:

And yeah. I would get the spider mounts (and probably not use them.) but they are much too hard for a casual like me to get.

I kinda think this is how it would go too.

I want that hairstyles for literally everyone, and for personal rp reasons I want the red eyes for humans (Cause I have a Black dragon character and it would amuse me.), as well as wanting them for Blood Elves so I can have a Dark Ranger.

I’m less interested in red eyes for Void Elves but I suspect if they’re going to add red eyes to us they will just do those sorts.

I’d rather see the Voidy ones posted above with the “Old God” affects for the red eyes. Also they’re just cool.

But the hair. Ah I can dream.

Though for Fenelon I want tentacles styled into cornrows or dreadlocks. That would be the dream.

3 Likes

that would look amazing, honestly.

1 Like

lol doh, i googled it. black widow style. yucky. lol

2 Likes

Possibly something like this for Star freckles?

10 Likes

At this point, I think the posters in this thread like yourself just need to invade the Blizzard art team, you guys have some awesome ideas I’d love to see in the game :slight_smile: (all credit to the original artists)

15 Likes

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/42/1/1634576364-tumblr-pvxznsji1e1sr6o5fo1-400.png
Jolly Paraphernalia — Void elves get glowing freckles now. thats my new… (tumblr.com)

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2021/42/1/1634582786-dprsekkwkaahv9u.jpeg
Lohari on Twitter: “trying to figure out my void elf babe hmmmhm https://t.co/cs0EebfWXG” / Twitter

Star freckles

Void scars

:+1:

8 Likes

Love those, plus the ones that Hypheria and Allerio posted! Void elves could look so cool and astral!

9 Likes

Thats what I hope, though I’ve not yet gotten up the will to ask someone to model it for me…

If they were to give me the reigns…

Wondrous.

3 Likes

Please someone say it isn’t true about 9.5.1

/the game is ruined
wow.zamimg . com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1032794.jpg

What, the blond hair for Void Elves?

It’s a topic that’s reserved (mostly) for High Elf forum threads, but yes: Void Elves will have a blond addition. There will be other modifications for them as well, so that High Elf fans can make a Void Elf look as close to a High Elf as possible.

Personally, I despise the fact that they’ve used Void Elves as a vehicle in all of this, but it is what it is. I choose to focus more on Void Elves, they’re far more interesting and have more potential, IMHO.

1 Like

Yes this will be available come 9.1.5.

If it’s not in your wheelhouse just don’t use those options.

Though a blueberry with natural hair could easily just have gotten lucky during the trap/ritual if it helps?

9 Likes

The Void knows how to make anything happen, you just have to parse it. Blonde hair dye or ‘eat wheat until your hair turns blonde’ are both probably things it whispers.

3 Likes

:smiling_imp: also the game is ruined anyways 5 more months till 9.2 enjoy

3 Likes

blue haze hahaha!

Not sure that astral isn’t more of a Night Elf, Nightborne thing.

I like the art a lot. Just not sure that’s what the void is about.

Maybe it’s like Shadowlands though and they’ve got ugly undead and pretty satyr people.

To be honest, I was perfectly content with purely dark (and stark) aesthetics for Void Elves. My first customization ideas for them, was to have a porcelain mask option, straight out of Asian horror.

HOWEVER…other changes were suggested and green lit for them, so now I focus on their Entropic Embrace aesthetic, as it really pins them down as creatures bound to the Void (as Blizzard defines it).

When Entropic Embrace kicks in, I feel that Void Elves should have the star patterned tattoos and auras, or different little twists to their Entropy. The star-cursed look is a fave around here, it would look wicked when EE kicks in, and the patterns in this case could reference Void as either depths of space OR eldritch horror realms.

8 Likes

This sounds awesome, but if this were a thing, I’d really prefer a toggle on out of combat! It would be a shame to have all that really cool stuff but only for like, the brief time it’s tossed on in combat.

5 Likes

Speaking of Entropic Embrace, I had a few more ideas to share (all credit to the OG artists).

I believe I read on Reddit someone wanted a glyph to make EE look like a temporary patronus or shadow pet (both purely cosmetic). That would be kind of dope if Blizzard could pull it off:

I believe someone in this thread was talking about a green hue for Void Elves. Personally I think it’d look too much like a DK effect, but here’s one all the same:

And here’s a Drow Eyes design as well. I’m pretty sure the ladies can do something similar already (especially once the white hair is available), but the entirety of Void Elf eyes glow, right?

10 Likes

Very nice.

3 Likes

I always appreciate excellent art and ideas, yes. Really love the smoky, wispy feel here.

5 Likes