Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

I made myself Sad :face_holding_back_tears:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkdx515WQAA0di8?format=png&name=900x900

4 Likes

:purple_heart:

10 Likes

Well now you’ve made me sad!

That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

So Blizzard showed off a roadmap for Dragonflight which is honestly a massive breath of fresh air from the company and I see some things here that suggest to me that further customizations may actually be more likely than not.

That said I don’t think they’ll be super extensive. More tacked on things along the way.

Specifically they don’t mention customizations but as we know from the already datamined information for 10.0.5 the Zandalari at least are getting new hair colors. A minor but very welcome addition to their customizations.

Theres a lot of room in these 6 content patches and while I’d bet we wont see much in customization with the Two traditional season patches, I think there is a high chance for some really neat things in the patches between those, the .5 and .7 patches. The later ones also don’t go into any real details about what we can expect (probably cause they haven’t worked directly on them yet and don’t want to promise something they can’t deliver right now.) and I’d bet we might see things like Taunka and Frostborn customizations for Tauren and Dwarves along with many other minor updates to other races.

I wouldn’t at all at this point be surprised if Void Elves and Blood Elves end up sharing hairstyles for instance as we’ve seen a bit of that on npcs already and if its a glitch or not its pretty clearly a popular concept for players.

I feel a lot of hope for the coming future of WoW… I haven’t really felt this good about the game since Legion and honestly I just… I don’t know. I like this new direction. Hope they keep up with it and even do better at it than they are already.

Good job Blizz.

9 Likes
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkhep34WABo_0zX?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkhesh9XEAI7xGM?format=jpg&name=medium

Wanted to hurt myself a little more so I went and edited the textures themselves :smiley:

5 Likes

Sometimes you are mean.

Old Gods those are lovely.

9 Likes

Honestly I’m down for small frequent updates with the big ones being paced out 4-6 months apart.

And by small I mean things like the human / Orc heritage armors. Or even the small bits of customization coming like the zandalari hair colors. Those bits are nice when we get them every couple months or so vs having to wait 2+ years just for an expansion release for them to be a part of.

Imagine they have a small enough team that is able to focus on a specific race every few months, that frequent additional customization will put a lot of people happy imo and it would allow them to focus well too, for example they could focus on BE jewelry for BE next round, then do another category for BE the next time. Akin to how it’s zandalari hair colors only this time around.

4 Likes

Small updates I think make sense. While I think I prefer personally larger updates that cover a lot of things I think in the case of a game like WoW the smaller ones are probably better overall for the games health.

Still glad to see them not only go that route but that they’re TELLING us about it.

Aye, though I still wish they’d just set a small team to focus purely on customizations and allied races. Have collections of customizations and the occasional Allied Race added in the smaller patches or even bigger ones.

But like this much is better than nothing and it shows they’re still hearing people. Its important that everyone continue to request and share what they find interesting and what they want to see in the game.

Like I said above… I feel hope for real again for WoW.

2 Likes

Gief Void elf hairstyles…and hair effects, tattoos and scars…and some tendie colors…pwease Blizz

5 Likes

Right? Like imagine one patch we just get a lot of hairstyles for one or two races, and jewelry on another.

But yeah, for the races that basically share models, having shared options tailored to both of them.

Also: good news everyone! I learned how to add a simple image to the camara as backdrop so I can now take better pictures woo!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fknr0TLXgAEa6XP?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fknr1rFXkAECc2B?format=jpg&name=medium
5 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Thank you! I really like Anzu and Dread Raven’s color palette for Void Elves. I really wish VE’s leaned more on the avian imagery, specially when their racial banner is an upside down bird!

1 Like

Happy Winters Veil!

May Great Father Winter bring wondrous customizations this year for us all!

:octopus: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

So the trade post is looking extremely promising for Blizzard being more willing to listen to players and give us options. The Zandalari are at least getting some very nice hair colors.

Thought I’d throw out the easy grabs blizzard could do for Void Elves again as well as the common requests.

Simple things like new hairstyles and tentacles being added to the hairstyles that don’t yet have them.

New Colors…

Shiny Hair Effects!

Starcursed is an especially popular one.

Along with new tentacle colors!

New Skin tones!

Voidy and Half and half!

The ever popular request that crosses between Void and High Elf players, tattoos.

And new eye colors!

And interesting Void options!

Also popular but less customization related…

Perhaps an armor set with our heritage colors thats a little more armored?

Perhaps a robed heritage chest piece?

Our heritage weapons to finally be released!

and many many other requests!

Many doors are open to us, we need only walk through them!
:purple_heart: :octopus:

7 Likes

I apparently missed it till now but I would absolutely murder for those side fades.

1 Like

TBH what got me excited most about void elves were the wings. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that the wings were part of their armor.

1 Like

Even worse it’s the bikini chest piece rather than a shoulders or cloak slot -_-

2 Likes

I would love the wings to be customizations instead of transmog.

Really would love the chest to have an option for a robe and more armored options.

1 Like

I would love to see these Hairstyles added too for the Void Elves.

5 Likes

That’s all I can think of so far. I mean other than a Mix of Wood/High/Dark Elf Inspirations along with Very well known Characters from Video Games, Movies, and Series for Hairstyles, Some Hair Colors for shades like Deep Blonde, Light Brown, Deep Orange, Light Blue, Green, Pink, and half eye slade, war paint/tattoos, eye colors like black/dark eyes, normal half elf eyes, and void corrupted eyes, scars and such, jewelry of silver or dark silver of the void, and etc in mind.

Right now there’s like a lack of variety for Hair Colors, and Hairstyles overall if you are planning on playing as a High Elf with different Blonde Color besides Light Blonde or trying to find a different hairstyle than the same ones.