Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

probably. but theyre not wrong. its just lore doesnt matter anymore. unless void elves spent hundreds of years training with the void and locus walker to be able to consume a dark state naaru without exploding or something

1 Like

are you gonna say that existence of void elf to begin with made sense?

It was just added by developers where they just couldnt figure out proper background story to it.

1 Like

See, that feels disingenous.

How is utterly unbelievable that in the last 4 years Void Elves have managed to create a safer way to study the void for initiates based on Alleria’s journey, but it’s just business as usual that Void Elves themselves, concidentaly, ended up on a freak accident that basically gave them the same powers than Alleria?

Don’t use the excuse of “lore doesn’t matter anymore” when you use it to simply diminish things you don’t like, but dismiss it when it suits you.

3 Likes

Alleria was in a dimension where time moved differently, her lessons with Locus walker in real time would likely span at least a few dozen if not a few hundred years in real time. As for the Void Elves’ initial corruption, this was no accident… the Nether prince himself states that he had been plotting the trapped cube since he failed to take Alleria at the restored Sunwell. Locus walker even mentions that a few seconds later and the ritual would have completed, nothing about the ritual was “accidental”. (The playable race page also states that playable Void Elves were the ones in Telogrus rift when the cube began to corrupt them, not the new initiates which came later)

1 Like

I don’t really feel sorry for any blood elf player. Any bad feeling they may get from this is completely self inflicted and is likely caused by a very unhealthy obsession with a race in a video game.

Not to mention many of them have been very toxic to people who’s wanted this for a long time now, and seeing them complain about this is honestly really satisfying.

4 Likes

glass houses and stones.

4 Likes

Snip, snip. Gonna clip them ears!

1 Like

Doesn’t apply here

Blood elves are losing nothing here, so the bad feeling here is something more along the lines of Envy, jealousy or entitlement. All three of which are self inflicted and can easily originate from an obsession.

7 Likes

Alliance players weren’t losing anything not having high elves, but dear god some people took that way too seriously and acted extremely out of line towards people who disagreed. And still, here you are projecting the same issues the high elf group had of envy and entitlement to something the other side had and pretending only the other side has a problem with that.

5 Likes

Empathy for others isn’t a bad thing.

Even those who may not be friends.

It’s just a game after all…

Oof, both sides have been bad and good.

Just a difference of how we look at it I suppose.

?

If you’re here to passive aggressively go after someone I’d ask that you do that in another thread.

We’ve all done pretty good keeping that out of here.

Thank you.

3 Likes

This argument is genuinely awful. You can say this about LITERALLY EVERY RACE before it was added.

“The horde lost nothing from not having Zandalari.”
“The alliance lost nothing from not having Worgen”
“Neither the horde or alliance lost anything from not having pandaren.”

What did you expect to accomplish saying this?

Don’t try to lie to me, I’ve been here for a very long time. People on these forums were NASTY to people who simply wanted a lore abiding race.

You see, there’s a major difference in these scenarios.

The people who wanted high elves were looking to gain something they wanted, something that quite frankly put made more than enough sense.

The people who are whining about this are upset that someone else is gaining something.

Its really hard for me to feel empathy for those who choose to be offended about others receiving something nice.

To me it’s similar to having empathy for someone who chooses to smash their head against a wall, claiming their head hurts. I could feel bad that their hurting, however they also could just stop smashing their head against a wall.

6 Likes

Off topic but I love your characters design.

About the same thing you expected to accomplish saying the exact opposite?

Yeah no. I’m friends with some lovely people who want high elves, but I’ve seen way too much bad behavior towards anyone who wasn’t sufficiently deferential to the exact desires for high elves. Don’t try and tell me what I’ve experienced.

Yes.

You agree with one side and demonize the other.

4 Likes

Both sides have been incredibly nasty. There is no side that has been worse to another side unfortunately.

8 Likes

Oh, I agree, but they tried to imply it was solely those who wanted the race.
To paraphrase them a bit, “They agreed with one side and demonized the other.”

Thing is, I find the side who want’s something reasonable far easier to sympathise for. They honestly became underdogs for me. I don’t care about the elves too much, but seeing the absolute vitriol spewed at a group who simply wanted something reasonable added to the game made me root for them.

You mean like what you tried to do to me?

5 Likes

That’s fine, I recognize your feelings on this, but I ask you take such topics to the regular high elf thread.

We’ve done rather well keeping this thread clear of most of that.

(hence its lower post count lol)

I think that’s fair, to an extent. I’m friends with plenty of pro-Helf players, but man, I am hesitant to root for some of them after seeing their attitudes on the forums these past few days. The toxicity is enough to taste like coarse salt in my coffee.

5 Likes

Damn you’ve got chutzpah. After trying to turn me pointing out how you’re solely blaming one side and treating us like we’re scum you then twist my words around to make it sound like I was calling all the helf fans nasty?

4 Likes

I feel like you literally didn’t read what I said.

The point was, that it’s unfair to call “lore breaking” the possibility that void elf study has been made safer on the last 4 years, when the initial incident that gave us Void Elves on the first place was such a plot contrivance.

The fact that suddenly a whole group of elves studying void was revealed out of nowhere, just in time to be useful after Druzaan was unable to capture Alleria, and that the ritual was stopped mid progress, preventing Druzaan to get the Void underlings he desired and instead coincidentally letting the elves in a state of convenient void mastery, is a whole more of a contrivance that. “Alleria’s own void journey has lead to huge advancements of void studies for elves”

2 Likes

I mean, they aren’t in a state of convenient mastery, neither is Alleria, as shown by the visions of N’zoth in the horrific visions runs. Alleria also had an accidental infusion of the Void, albeit to a lesser extreme, which she stills needs Locus walker to help train her to control after inhuming a Void-darkened Naaru. Even the original Void Elves have not fully learned to completely suppress their Void whispers.

1 Like