Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

Well it’s more of an encompassing term for the class. Void Knight, Eldritich Knight, Voidcaller, Shadowmancer, Voidcaster, Voidstalker, Riftcaller.

2 Likes

This definitely is something I’d love the Void Knight tank specialization to focus on. Their appendages being transformed into sha/void appearances as the etchings on their armor are activated to grant them powers from the void. Also like the sprouting of void tendrils from the back. A miasmic aura similar animation to the Venthyr Death Knight ability, but instead of red it’s a swirling dark void energies occasionally seeing eyes in the darkness.

3 Likes

That would be cool to see.

Especially if we still get specific customizations to add features like that to our characters as well as having a class “look” associated with it.

Shadow Priest has a sort of bits of that with shadowform and Void Erruption yada yada. Be interesting to see more of that.

1 Like

Lack of decent hair colors and non void hair styles (there is only one I even sort of like) I continue to get my high elves from non fel blood elves. What can I say we kind of own the central aesthetics.

I’m a little confused. This thread is about the void options not high elf ones. There is another thread about that currently going.

Though some could be viable for both the point is a focus on the void.

I think the name void ranger would work better personally.

Could even incorporate the classic dark rangers in it.

These are the same people who seem to believe hair colours will cause permanent damage to blood elves if they’re available to the other faction.

3 Likes

It damages what makes them unique. So those people is correct to feel that way.

So yeah, blonde hair on void elves, especially with their own hair cuts, does not take anything away from blood elves, who are a mirror to void elves aesthetically because the sunwell is holy.

No it wouldn’t

This thread is more focused on the void based options not ones specifically for high elves.

I’d rather not get bogged down in the high elf debate.

In this thread hair that shows void effects like the ones Izzabelle has provided are quite nice.

Or the ones Hypheria showed.

You can find many more examples like that in the OP.

Please head to the currently active high elf thread to discuss high elf options.

6 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5lQXpWWEAARWHb?format=jpg&name=large

I think this shade of blonde with magenta undertones would fit Void Elves so well, giving them a blond hair shade unique to them -and it matches with the metal details of the underwear and jewelry!-

7 Likes

Ok. Thats not bad. Looks fairly unnatural and I appreciate it whenever we get a picture actually on the blue skin tones.

8 Likes

Blonde hair makes such a good contrast with blue skin tbh -love it on trolls and draenei- and this shade with the pinkish undertones compliments the skin tone so well.

It does look good on the regular skin tones, but IMO the point is to get options that look good on VE first, and also can be used for HE fantasy second.

6 Likes

I actually tend to dislike natural(ish) tones on the blue skin myself but this one is all right to mine eyes.

Its that pinkish tone underneath I think that sells it for me. That and it doesn’t feel natural.

This immensely.

I don’t begrudge those who want their High Elf options (Or those who want to maintain belf uniqueness for that matter) but I’d like to see our focus remain mostly on the Void.

3 Likes

I agree :100:

I too love the contrast and agree it’s important to demonstrate how such options fit with the Void aesthetic ie the blue tones.

That is also a glorious unnatural blonde, pretty much what I envisioned for the Void Elves.

The blending of violet and blonde specifically is what sells it for me.

5 Likes

Indeed. While I obviously want some options that also help the HE fantasy, I think the priority should be to expand the Void Elven Aesthetics, not just simply add BE hair colors and call it a day.

There are so many ways VE aesthetics can expand, and it’s not just about making them more blue; I think LFD and VE suffered greatly by their limited aesthetics that didn’t explore the whole array of possibilities. Giving one only white hair shades and the other only dark ones was IMO just a simplistic choice that sold their potential short.

Honestly I would love to see Alleria with a shade of blonde more similar to this one rather than still looking completely like a High Elf as well.

3 Likes

Pretty much this. I too don’t really need, nor want a copy of Blood Elf hair colors as they are all very warm and don’t exactly work for the Void aesthetic. Cooler variants are definitely called for.

This too. Half the Void Elves hair colors are very slightly tweaked to the point where they’re essentially recycled. Even LFD could use several colors that would match their light themes such as a couple shades of red or even traditional browns and blacks.

Definitely. She looks identical to her appearance prior to even leaving Azeroth. Biologically she just looks how she looks, but she still wears bright gold and green armor. They at the very least could change her attire.

5 Likes

An interesting bit is how her Quiver has that slight purple tint at the edges, as if the Void is corroding it a bit; even that small change would be enough to signify how the Void has affected her, even is she remains in control. I do appreciate that she still wear her old armor, because I like how she keeps that connection to her old identity even after everything, but just as the tweaked shade of blonde, the armor itself could have a slight fading.

Nonetheless, I do love that she is both a ranger and a void user.

As an aside, I keep testing Blender so here are my versions of the white and black hair colors -which are such a need for Void Elves dear lord-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5-4Jq9XoAAKJfm?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5-4JrlXMAoQJRF?format=jpg&name=large

4 Likes

Alleria should be updated to better reflect the Void Elves she leads and giving VEs more story while doing so.

1 Like