Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

I can only dream :sob:

Speaking of hair styles, and I know this doesn’t suit this topic, but I find it annoying that Male BE’s have longer hair than Females BE’s…

3 Likes

We also need more pink armor. I remember trying to make a pink Valentine’s day mog last year, but there was literall nothing good :laughing:

4 Likes

I hope folk like it. It won’t actually pertain to this thread though I will mention it here when it’s ready. Very excited myself.

Aye, the few things I see requested specifically for high elves these days are either items that would fit on a Void Elf just fine or items that probably would best be added in some type of true sub race setup.

I will never feel right about what they did to my beloved Wildhammer clan. They deserve to be treated on par with the Bronzebeard and Dark Irons. They were so much more important to the lore to just be relegated to minor poorly done customization…

But I digress.

I thought of two avenues. First one is under human you add uncursed gilneans with some appropriate change to the racials.

Second one is you add it under Worgen for an uncursed Gilnean and same deal with racials.

I don’t think they need to simplify racials, they just need to realize that their miniscule parses are irrelevant. Min/maxers gonna min/max whatever they do they might as well let rpers and folk who otherwise like the racials have fun.

(that’s just me though)

Combining current Core and Allied Races into that system though absolutely!

From there they can add new races as part of a sub-race of an existing race and have Allied Races focus on new races that don’t fit under another.

That’s very fair.

Caution is warranted these days.

The amount of times a day I feel like I’m wasting my time is… Frustrating.

Always kinda felt that hairstyles in general should have longer options…

Didn’t notice male belfs had more longer hairstyles than female belfs… Huh.

That does feel odd…

I didn’t realize till now but I wholeheartedly agree with this!

Honestly we need an armor dye system like gw2 has…

6 Likes

My stance exactly.

They had a lot of potential to set them apart from the other two clans. They where an even bigger request then Darkiron. It’s a shame they relegated them to Ironforge Dwarves with Tattoos.

Both are valid and iffy at the same time. Not sure there is a perfect solution.

They are a wild mess though. They are defiantly in need of smoothing out to and reworking.

I think if they just combined like options instead of trying to split the difference it would have been a lot better.

2 Likes

Just to up this thread. :purple_heart:

I love this dark skin, especially with white hair, it’s perfect ! :ok_hand:

But I’ll be honest, I don’t like the colors of the arms and legs, it reminds me of a friend’s galaxy leggings. :sweat_smile:

That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be added.

2 Likes

Not to mention that the Wildhammer are arguably the most important dwarven clan to the Alliance… It was the Wildhammer who joined it before the Bronzebeard. It was the Wildhammer that fought the enslaved Red Dragons of the Horde. It was the Wildhammer that brought gryphons to the Alliance. It was the Wildhammer that went through the Dark Portal with the Sons of Lothar.

Sigh… this thread isn’t about them so I should get off this topic. But damn was it a shame to reduce them to tattoos.

Thats true.

I can come up with ideas but it’ll be up to Blizzzard to make that work.

Still though the Sub-race system would help so many races potentially.

Some could be updated to be more up to par… more useful… A rework isn’t the worst idea now you mention it and I think about it some. lol

What do you mean?

Or I suppose a better question is if you have an example? Not sure I catch your drift.

The Onyx skin tone is one of my personal top wants. Its glorious and is what I headcanon for Fenelon these days.

The starcursed effect I also really like but I’d imagine this would be an option that you could choose to apply or not and not something you need to have if you went with the skin tone.

I’m not entirely sure if thats how Ace sees it as well… maybe I’ll ask em now I know how to contact them…

And yeah just because someone doesn’t agree or like a particular option doesn’t mean it shouldn’t still be pursued by those who are interested or that you’re saying it shouldn’t be added.

:octopus: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Indeed.

They could have added races like Darkiron and Mechagnome as a Menu Option instead of doing a full new races. Just add Voices and Racial Changes to the model change.

Instead they did some races as a New Race and others as a Customization.

Literally splitting the concept apart and making both features not fully deliver.

So basically they should have just DONE a Subrace system from the start is what I’m saying.

4 Likes

I got ya.

I agree with this entirely.

3 Likes

Like these?

I’d definitely welcome such a system for every race that could benefit from it :hugs:

15 Likes

That is the one that had been going around.

Seen a few derivations since but yes.

3 Likes

I know that I’ve already shown support for this thread somewhere in here already, but holy crap! Coming back into it I see all these new ideas and concepts posted on the front, that I know definitely weren’t there at the start, and they all look so amazing!

Showing my support yet again because I’d love to see all of this awesome stuff eventually make it into the game for the Void Elf fans that are fans of the Void.

4 Likes

Pretty much.

3 Likes

As they say it in the Mandalorian: This is the way.

1 Like

That is something that alot of players would want to have. Subrace Feature for Character Customization and the option to be named a race like Wildhammer Dwarf from Regular, to High Elf from Void Elf, and etc.

10 Likes

It’s the only way forward in the future but this also requires for them to come up with sub-races which haven’t one yet.

1 Like

Some have probably noticed but I updated the main thread last week with some things and then kinda forgot to mention it. lol

Still working on it when I can to get a few more things in it and maybe switch some things around.

Every time I try to add in the entirety of the pictures I’ve gotten the main posts pictures stop working so I think I’ll have to nix that part entirely. Which is annoying… Still I’ll be able to get at least the most likely options up there and a good smattering of the ones that are less likely so blizzard gets a good range of the requests.

Also I wanted to talk a little bout transmogs folk are using.

Found some suggestions from WoWhead from awhile back:

Nice suggestions I think.

Here are links to my current Void Elves that I’m happy with their mogs on.

What sort of mogs do you all use for your Void Elves?

6 Likes

You could probably save some space by compressing things into albums.

1 Like

Hmm… That’s a really good idea… I just might do that.

Those are nice. Really dig the Hunter.

I’ll post pics of mine once I get my TL3 back again lol.

1 Like

If you post to the armory I believe you do not need tl3.