Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

Well, many Broken that originated from Outland are already friendly with the Alliance, so they’re already a shoe in, though I’d personally love to the the Krokul of Argus join as well, I personally liked their edge more.

In any event, I’d definitely adore seeing them playable as well as the class selection they could bring.

8 Likes

Broken from outland looks different too ya know. They don’t have hooves for example.

There’s so much potential for adding what would have been new Allied Races as new Body Types. The sky is the limit!!

Eh, it’s the same deal with being able to make a shadow LFD or a Holy VE. Sure there are lore limitations for those classes, but when it comes to gameplay and personal fantasy/immersion we shouldn’t be beholden to those as players.

For RP purposes, it’s really up to you to interact with such things, but from a gameplay perspective further limitation just runs contrary to player choice.

If they go through with the “every class for every race” I do hope they give an alternative explanation to undead, void or cut off races using light, such as the idea of a Void Knight being the canonical explanation of the paladin class, or any other simulacra of the paladin powers that allow an analogue role.

Like, undead be paladins using sun/fire magics to mimic the paladin role, closer to how Tauren use An’she worship as the source of the power, which is more related to druidism than light worship.

Yeah but that can be answered by model standarization. If the newer draenei based Krokul model from legion was used as a base for playable Krokul and replaced the old BC models for all of them, I would hardly see it as an issue.

Although a feet/hoof toggle would be nice.

3 Likes

In a thread talking about the devs announcement that Shadow Mend is being removed from the Priest Class tree in the future, I suggested they at least add some method (whether its a glyph or a “green fire” option) to make all Holy spells purple so they at least look like Shadow spells that way Shadow Priests (who will now have Flash Heal, and will be able to take spells like Renew, Prayer of Mending, Holy Nova, etc) can at least look thematically coherent.

Such an option would also serve to let Void Elf/Undead/Orc/Mag’har Holy and Discipline Priests (or any Priest who just thinks Shadow looks cooler) at least appear to be to using exclusively Shadow/Void magic.

An option that does the opposite (makes all Shadow spells yellow so they look like Holy spells) would serve to allow Lightforged Shadow and Discipline Priests (and any Priest who just thinks Holy looks cooler) at least appear to be to using exclusively Holy/Light magic.

8 Likes

They’re what?!

3 Likes

Number of Active Spells
We agree. Priests have too many active spells. While we think there will be more to assess as the expansion plays out, the first spell that comes to mind is Shadow Mend feeling unnecessary with Flash Heal being available to all Priests. Instead of Shadow Mend as a talent that overrides Flash Heal, we are working towards removing the spell. We realize that losing a secondary healing school lockout may not sit well with Discipline Priests in PvP, but we’re happy with this direction overall. While no plans are in place right now, we’re also discussing Mindgames and Power Word: Life as contributing to the number of active spells for Priests.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-priests/1279512/238

1 Like

I was intending on maining priest in DF, but with every little change I just get pushed more towards Hpal for my battle healer fantasy. Disc already had a huge issue thematically representing shadow in their rotations, and I just think this is such a dumb move. Shadowmend was so on brand for Disc, and it made questing as Shadow livable.

2 Likes

Its ridiculous to reduce class fantasy like that.

They should be doing more class fantasy rather than less.

Its extremely frustrating.

5 Likes

As soon as they mentioned they were no longer designing around Void Form (aka their most iconic and visually stunning move will probably be either gutted or worthless) I pretty much regretted the last month that I have spent getting really into it. :frowning:

1 Like

I haven’t been paying attention to the talent changes and clearly I should have been! That disastrous!

Guess its good I’m working on my paladin for DF… :frowning: Poor Fenelon.

1 Like

Velf Shadow priest with Disc on the side was my thing, but as the months keep rolling I feel less and less satisfied with it. I’ve just started slipping back into Horde/Forsaken rp.

That’s exactly what I’ve done, tbh. Been playing around with it on the beta, and I am actually kind of in love.

Even with the downsides of some design decisions, all three Priest specs feel absolutely fantastic to me since the most recent talent iteration. So much so that, because I am very unhappy with how the Mage trees currently stand, and because it doesn’t seem like the design direction they are taking Arcane in is one I enjoy, I am seriously considering benching Nico in Dragonflight and swapping to my Priest.

As Shadow, I put together a build I find incredibly fun to play, AND I’d have the option of healing as Holy or Discipline, both of which feel just as amazing to me as they stand. This is the first time since 2004, I’ve found a class where all three specs are compelling and fun to play for me. It depresses me that Mages in general, and Arcane in particular didn’t end up feeling that way to me.

I’m just not happy with how they’ve handled Mage so far, and the lack of changes, communication, or acknowledgement of issues repeatedly brought up (some for years now), has left me feeling like I have little choice but to switch my main if I wanna have fun in Dragonflight.

Exactly! It’s basically the spirit behind “class skins”, so gameplay doesn’t break immersion. Green Fire added so much potential and it’s a shame we haven’t seen anything else added that works like that in 10 years :frowning:

A light reskin of the Shadow spec would be awesome for Lightforged Inquisitors (Inquisitors in general tbh)

8 Likes

I would just be very grateful for class skins period. I’m pretty worried about there being zero news on new inscription discoveries. These would be such an easy crowd pleaser to add, but Blizzard seems to want to restrict cosmetic releases to their terms (aka big patch releases - “when it makes sense” - and not just because we’d enjoy them :roll_eyes: )

6 Likes

I have the feeling the issue with spell skins is the same issue with armor tints. They would have to you paint all the spell effects over and make sure they have the same appearance in the new color as the other. I don’t tjink it will be a simple color change like other games would do since blizz handles WoW art uniquely different then the others.

Changing the entire look of a class (like my secret dream of a voidy Paladin), sure. There’s an entire catalogue of removed or NPC exclusive spell skins that are already in the game files, but not available to players.

There has been no effort to give us further customization on our classes - even if it is to revert visuals to their original state. It’s a real shame as I’d say how your class looks impacts how you feel about that character. Perhaps even more than just the racial base.

4 Likes

And it goes further still. If we do extreme appearance changes like say void paladins, they would have to rewrite the entire class lore to make it fit.

If they made say paladin spells have a bloody light like look for blood knights, it’s more easier to do since it’s was already established to be a thing.

With warlocks the green fire fits them thematically since they already deal with fel.

I still don’t think we need to go that far. There’s no lore on why Shadow Priests could summon ravens, or why shaman could have a great number of non-culturally specific ghost forms.

There’s no wild God questline to teach druids about the Great Moth. No, they just buy the appearance and there’s no fuss about it. There’s no lore as to why Darkfallen can be Paladins or Druids. They just are.

5 Likes

Still the worse thing to happen and ppl do complain about that.

And yes a class feature do have to have an explaination.

As for moths, they are creatures of nature, that is fine.

They need only to recolor the effects and come up with some excuse. It’s no big deal, actually.

2 Likes