Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

It’s certainly off-balanced. If the topic was “every race should share all the hair styles”, then sure, that’d be more options for everyone. But just void elves getting the blood elf hair styles, and not even the other way around? That’s pretty lop-sided.

I actually like the void elf female hair styles better than the blood elf ones anyway, though I will admit that I don’t play male void elves so the widow’s peak thing isn’t an issue for me.

We still have our blue skin and tentacles at least. Blood elves only get eye colours and some female only jewelry.

1 Like

I really hope they don’t get our hairstyles tbh. But in all fairness, Void Elves already received much higher renditions of some of our hairstyles with better textures and added length, which feels sucky. :sweat:

Adding tentacles to the hairstyles that don’t have them isn’t serious to you? O-O

(I’m kidding not actually questioning… >.> )

More seriously…

I feel like the CC member who posted about that doesn’t have a lot of understanding of the situation surrounding blood elves and void elves. As Somand says after your post:

This.

This makes me feel very much like that CC member is not taking into account the situation and is only seeking something they themselves want (which is fine) at best or at worst they’re specifically targeting blood elves to be “harmed” (Which is not fine).

I’d actually like to see void elf hairstyles (sans tentacles of course) given to blood elves… I rather like most of the styles and would really enjoy them on some of my blood elves.

I also fall into the category of more sharing of hairstyles across the board (not just velf to belf or vice versa). Theres a lot of hairstyles that would easily translate to other races and its just a little silly in many cases that someone can’t walk into a barber and just get a haircut.

I am also a fan of differentiation to some degree. Like each race should have some aspects that are not copied even in the case, like with velf and belf, they use the same exact model.

However, since I expect we will one day get more void options and those by their nature differentiate us from blood elves, I think its the blood elves that need the focus for differentiation.

Options for them to be unique given that Blizzard has already made it so hard to distinguish between a velf and a belf seem like where the focus should be next.

I mean look at this. This is a show of the theme differences between belf and velf.

We (velves) don’t have the differentiation issue, we make the issue. Imo.

In other news I made some edits to the thread today… nothing major. Moved the Archive to the end of the thread rather than the middle (its still being made don’t get excited.) and added a few things we’ve seen recently.

4 Likes

That void elf version is hardly any different but it’s infinitely cooler with that bang.

5 Likes

I’m a bit confused. com xD - I apologise. I didn’t mean to come off sounding like I didn’t take the aforementioned seriously. What I meant was that what I was about to discuss, would be something serious / heavy.

I do actually very much like the hairstyles with the tentacles that Lyraseth gave us, especially the tentacle wrapped around the braid. I actually requested from him to ‘‘voidify’’ the High elf hairstyles I shared above, if it would be possible ofc.

1 Like

Oh you’re good. I was entirely kidding I knew you just meant you were about to be talking about another topic with intent/seriousness.

And actually I think it was a very good topic to talk about.

Oh! My brain didn’t actualize this information in my head till just now.

That is something I’ll wait for with baited breath. Lyraseth is very good at that sort of work.

1 Like

I think there should be a “pool” of shared hairstyles with the ones we already see shared between 2 and more races (such as soaked, nape, eleborate, boar tails, diva, headband, etc).

Personally the main reason why I’m not against sharing hairstyles with BE is that, Allied Races sharing hairstyles with their Core Races is just the easiest approach as it’s literally about copy and pasting them, and that works for most of the AR’s, so it would be efficient, and I don’t really care for exclusivity for exclusivity’s sake.

But I also think there’s something to be said about equivalence, and I don’t think it would be fair to get all the BE hairstyles if VE’s can give 10-11 in return.

So yeah, I’d be either into a generic pool of hairstyles for all races to share (Imagine like 10 hairstyles per gender, most likely all the core races would have 1 or 2 already in the pool, but it would overall benefit the AR’s)

Or, having all the AR’s share hairstyles with their Core Races where possible, but in the case for Nightborne and Void Elves, only share a number of hairstyles equal to the number they have, and NB and VE would get the hairstyles would be deemed more generic, while the hairstyles deemed more linked to their identity would remain unique to BE and NB.

TBH, I really don’t mind if VE (and all other AR’s) get several unique hairstyles, sharing hairstyles with their core races is just way easier and adds so much player choice. So if we get 3-5 “new” hairstyles and over 10 “reused” ones, would be ideal for me. More is just, more, yanno?

5 Likes

Indeed. On that note, can we get some of the KT hairstyles instead? :stuck_out_tongue: like, we could get 4 new ones and 2 from KTs and 1 from humans or something. I really like the ‘‘ship shape’’ KT hairstyle with the hair up, and the one with the shoulder-length hair with the curls.

5 Likes

Ideally we’d get lots of new hairdos but in case they have to add from another race let it be KTs

Not going to lie…this makes it look like they just have circulation issues

Imgur

I imagine they would have some that were more encompassing as well.

This one has more of the torso turning blue as well as the head and shoulder.

The point is to show a change occurring over time. Some folk like that idea.

4 Likes

Oh, what if the skin kind of shifted back and forward between the Voidy blues and purples and the natural tones? Like a fluid movement that just plays idly on your character’s skin. I don’t know if that’s possible in WoW’s engine, but it could certainly look interesting.

2 Likes

That would be cool but I doubt blizzard would do it.

Sounds like a fun thing people might enjoy after all.

1 Like

What are you on about? Why shouldn’t we get the blood elf hair styles? How else then would we be able to be high elves? We NEED the hair styles. It’s not a matter of anything more than simply fixing this awful race and finally handing over the missing components to give us what we’ve wanted all along. EE needs a toggle, and we need the hair. Anything else is secondary, and that includes void elf options. Give us what we require first, then you have your go. That is as far as I’m ever willing to go to compromise.

If we can just make peace here and agree that the high elves must be finished first, and then they’re done, then we’re good. Give us our hair, our racial toggle, and I promise you I’ll leave the void elves alone. We’ll be set, you can have the floor and get additions to your race. But I do not find it fair or right for you to get additions to yours when ours remains incomplete. Compromise this, accept it, push it forward. It’s the only way we’ll be alright with one another. Otherwise the infighting continues, and no one is ever happy.

1 Like

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

11 Likes

Is that really all you want to say? I mean I did give you a chance. Oh well then.

Void glowing tattoos would look cool similar to what demon hunters have and tatoos all over body like nigh nightborn have. Color choices could be navy, dark purple, maybe like a dark shining grey and dark pink. Would love to see a dark purple option for skin.

Tentacle hair would be cool too, I mean like all tentacle. :octopus:

Glitter hair for all races. :sparkles:

Don’t forget scars for all races on torso, back, arms, legs, back and eyes for all races.

Hopefully we will see more void pets in 10.0 .

whispers
Void duck :duck:

giggle

6 Likes

At the very least during EE.

I stopped with specific colors due to not being entirely sure how to divy them up.

Everyone seemed to have vastly different opinions on it.

Yesss!

imagines a tauren just covered in glitter

Hmm. Yes. Let’s do that.

So much this.

3 Likes

I pick a another existing thing so players can color match.

For Void Elves I say something like hair colors but stand out more.

• Blue, Purple, Red, Black, Green, White, and maybe a pale Yellow.

It’s like voidtiligo…