Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei)

our current appearance is the result of the devs not wanting to create new races that have their own animations and poses. every race except humans and worgen, share their skeleton and animations with an allied race. if it wasnt void elves for blood elf skeleton, it would’ve been some other elf, using the blood elf skeleton.

1 Like

I don’t believe that Blizzard will bring the ideas from the community into the game because they are unreliable and do those special requests only if the game’s almost drowning. Changing hair colors, dripping void effects and so on - I wish we would see all of these but aren’t coming.

Only thing we all can do is just suggest though. At the end of the day, it is up to Blizzard to choose on whether they want to implement something. But I hope everyone who does request for something does get a chance at having something.

Speaking of which.

I wish we could have a bit of different animations and slighter altered poses to make us a little bit different from the Blood Elves.

6 Likes

They really just need to change the idle animation. Perhaps this will come in the future as a customization option. On second thought, this will never come. They want to keep the appearance to help identifying character silhouettes for the players.

1 Like

/tentacleslap

1 Like

I guess we all get a little bit horny when there is no actual story content to experience in the game, huh.

1 Like

No… Those are just Shadow Priest spells…

They’re not the same… Shadow Priests only have “whispers” during their use of the shadow form… Void Elves are always under assault from the whispers. The void is a part of us its not some parlor trick we’re using.

EE and shadow form are not the same thing.

Not sure where you’re trying to go with this?

1 Like

I mean how did Priests learn about Void spells and Void forms before Void Elves?

1 Like

paladins are infused with light.
priests tap into the light.

same concept but void

void is a cosmological power, like fel, arcane, nature, death and light

So Shadow priest can stay focused & not become corrupted by the Void.

Blood Elf Shadow Priests can also visit the Sunwell and not corrupt it so perhaps Void Elves could use a customization of mind control.

yeah they are tapping into it.
void elves were accidentally fused with it.
one is visiting, the other is permanent resident

2 Likes

Does the Void Elves own their own Voidwell?
What happens if a Blood Elf were to swim in it?

Obviously we know the answer to this. This goes for both sides, actually.

If I had my way they would… Sorta anyways.

I want them to erect a font around the Void Storm on the third island and use it to empower and infuse their recruits with the void as part of the aforementioned ritual I was talking about. The one that has everyone come out with randomized options from the current available.

I would assume any Thalassian elf that undergoes the ritual to become a Void Elf would become a void elf.

What if the Blood Elf were just visiting?

Btw do you see any Blood Elves lining up to become Void Elves standing inline inside Telogrus?

Yes. I know you’re on a personal spree but you push it too hard.

1 Like

If you guys let us swim in your Sunwell we might have one.

But you don’t allow us to.

:frowning:

1 Like

Since the Voidwell doesn’t exist as I have suggested I’d like to see, I cannot answer that question. I imagine nothing at all.

Yes… They’re called Scholars in the Rift. The High Elves are Wayfarers.

Now now, there is no call for that. We have no idea what would actually happen. I doubt it would be good for any Thalassian, blood, high or void.

The thing that tried to come through when Alleria approached it was hostile.

2 Likes

This is false, paladins aren’t infused with the light. There is no fundamental difference between a paladin and priest other than how they use the light in the field.

Of Blood and Honor (Chapter 2):

1. “Archbishop: In the Light, we gather to empower our brother. In its grace, he will be made anew. In its power, he shall educate the masses. In its strength, he shall combat the shadow. And, in its wisdom, he shall lead his brethren to the eternal rewards of paradise.”
  2. “Archbishop: Clerics of the Northshire, if you deem this man worthy, place your blessings upon him.
    One of the clerics comes with a blessed dark blue embroidered stole in his hands, which he placed reverently around Tirion’s neck. Then, he dipped his thumb in a small vial of sacred oil and anointed Tirion’s forehead.”
  3. “Archbishop: Knights of the Silver Hand, if you deem this man worthy, place your blessings upon him.
    Two of the armored men comes, the first laid the warhammer before Tirion’s feet. The second, Saidan Dathrohan, placed the silver plates upon Tirion’s shoulders.”
  4. “Each of the clerics and knights raised their right hands and pointed toward Tirion, empowered him with the holy light.”

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (Part 1: Chapter 5):

1. “In the Light, we gather to empower our brother.”
  2. & 3) are similar to the 2) & 3) from above
  3. “Sweat broke out on Arthas’s brow. What was going wrong? Why wasn’t the Light wrapping itself around him in blessing and benediction?”
  • This ceremony is exclusive to the Order of the Silver Hand, which not all Paladins are a part of. There is no evidence to support that other Paladin individuals/races/organizations undergo the same process nor is it explicitly mentioned that it’s needed to become a Paladin.
    This is just a fact. Silver Hand was originally just Humans and Dwarves.
    Draenei became Paladins through the Naaru teaching them about the Light.
    High Elves had Paladins through normal worship of the Light, but briefly lost in after most of them renamed to Blood Elves and had to drain it from Naaru. With the Sunwell restored, the Blood Knights returned to embracing the Light like the originally did.
    Sunwalkers get the Light from basic worship of An’she, which is just a different form of the Draenei worshipping it through the Naaru and Humans/Dwarves through the Light itself.

The first Human Paladins were literally just Warrior + Priest
Tides of Darkness (Chapter 5)

1. “I will establish a new branch of the Church, the paladins. I have already selected the first candidates for this order. Some were knights before but others were priests. I chose these men for both their piety and their martial prowess. They will be trained, not only in war but in prayer and in healing. And each of these valient fighters will possess both martial and spiritual power, particularly in blessing themselves and other with the strength of the Holy Light.”

And just so you’re aware there is zero statement about the ORIGINAL paladins of the Church, mentioned above, having gone through the ceremony mentioned twice earlier. This implying that the ceremony was created afterwards, and that again it isn’t necessary for one to be a Paladin.

8 Likes

maybe i’m getting the issue confused with lightforging.

1 Like