Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

How is that contradictory?

The fact that nelf paladins aren’t playable does not mean nelf paladins don’t exist.

You are saying that lorewise regular skinned void elves don’t exist despite being portrayed that way in game, both playable and NPCs.

And most importantly, it’s been confirmed in TWW datamining that there are new elves being converted to void elves

1 Like

Alleria’s path was risky sure, but it was far more tried and true than the accident that change Umbric’s group. That ritual was intended to turn them into Void Ethereals. Trying to replicate that process and interrupt it at just the right time, in just the right way, in the hopes that maybe it works, is probably a stupid way to go about it when you have Alleria and Locus Walker at hand, who know the process, have experience with it, and know the best ways to make it safe(ish) compared to the accident method.

But yes the High Elf customization options were given to Void Elves to address the desire for High Elves on the Alliance. Just like Wildhammer customization was added to Dwarves.

If Void Elves should or shouldn’t have them is an opinion, and the devs have decided that they should so it’s a moot point. They aren’t going to roll them back and take them away so any thoughts of that are wishful thinking and not something realistic to ask for. It’s never going to happen. I don’t think there was a need to share the dark ranger customizations with them but I understand why Blizzard did it. And again, Blizzard isn’t going to roll them back and take them away.

3 Likes

We really haven’t seen any regular skinned Void elf NPCs yet though? Maybe in TWW we might, but not yet.

We did!

There’s a female void elf with regular skin/hair color in the spa area of Thaldraszus :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s… one NPC, and it’s a questionable spot/RP zone. I wouldn’t put too much weight on it. In contrast the High elf customizations are being used on Blood elf NPCs everywhere, and until it becomes more prevalent I wouldn’t call that evidence.

There’s actually a Void Elf NPC using High Customization in Valdrakken’s spa area I’ll see if I can dig up her wowhead entry for you. There’s also a dragon rider Void Elf NPC with blue skin but blonde hair.

3 Likes

Sort of like Wildhammer, sand trolls, and dark rangers, the high elf customizations are clearly there to help us tell the story we want with our characters.

6 Likes

Wait, hold on.

You are arguing that just because there’s one void elf NPC with regular skin/hair colors is not enough of an evidence, yet you are completely convinced that void-infused Arathi are a thing because they used a void elf hairstyle and eye color on one Arathi NPC?

You can’t have a cake and eat it too.

6 Likes

So in a fantasy world where there’s talking cows, werewolves, undead creatures and such, you draw the line at dark skinned/black elves? I’ll never understand why people get so pressed about that. Don’t like customizations, don’t use them. If you’re an RPer just don’t RP with people with the customizations you don’t like I guess. Then again most people wouldn’t want to RP with someone who doesn’t like dark skinned/black elves. I guess you wouldn’t like me since I have plenty of dark skinned elves and enjoy using the normal skin tones on some of my velves.

9 Likes

Oh dear lord, you’re one of those.

:grimacing:

9 Likes

I know they won’t remove it, I don’t expect it. The dark ranger thing was even worse, and just proves to me how Blizzard will just please the players instead of making logical sense.

is the most important thing blizzard should do IMO. But that’s just me.

4 Likes

High/blood elves had their skin turned white because of the Sunwell. They went from the dark skinned night elves to a light skin.

I understand Blizzard added these options to make the game more inclusive, but lore wise? It’s wrong.

I’m aware, but again that’s like a NPC flavor spot where a lot of the NPCs have some bizarre customizations.

Well I’m moreso referring to the regular skin customization. As of now, only Umbric’s “squad” which we know were forcibly transformed are part of their forces make up their numbers. And they’re all pretty heavily void-infused as of yet.

What? There’s a big difference here.

You’re suggesting that this one NPC demonstrates a larger demographic, I’m suggesting that this one NPC void customization suggest he’s void-infused. Those two do not correlate.

1 Like

One of those who care about lore accuracy? Yes. Can’t say the same about you though.

Oh no no, not at all. I am not suggesting anything. I am simply saying that regular skinned void elves were canonized.

Whether there are a ton of those or just two is something I don’t know.

We also know that High Elf Wayfarers and Silvermoon Scholars have been studying in Telogrus. It’s also implied that new Void Elf recruits are joining from among their number. But you are correct that we have no concrete info about where/how new Void Elves are made… yet.

The ptr has heavily redacted many npcs in Telogrus, hiding their models, names, and dialogue text. Hopefully we’ll see some development on the Void Elf proliferation front once it goes live and we can see what Blizz is hiding from us.

3 Likes

You don’t seem to know your lore for someone who allegedly cares about it. The Sunwell had zero effect on the transformation of the Quel’dorei’s bodies. They changed before even reaching Quel’thalas.

4 Likes

If they were meant to please the players they should just have gave high elves to the Alliance instead, and not make void elves something they are not. And I am sure every HE RPer would agree with this.

No.

“They became known as high elves. During this time, they created the Sunwell, and switched to a diurnal waking cycle. Their purple skin eventually shifted to skintones like that of some humans and dwarves. Some sources imply this was a near-instantaneous transformation that occurred during the Sunwell’s creation.”