Voice your opinion on legendary cloak corruption resistance

imagine still putting up with all the stupid things they put into retail

I’d rather walk into oncoming traffic on the expressway than play Classic.

3 Likes

Please don’t tell me that we will need to kill N’Zoth every week for pvp.

Did you not read the post? The nzoth kill is one way. However you will have to do some form of pve for the cloak. Lots of it

U dont “need” to kill him weekly for pvp. If u dont want to be gimped in damage and live u have to, but just to Q into low CR and random bgs? Nah.

Pve players complained when they had to pvp for things. Blizz helped them out and just forced people who only enjoy pvping to do endless dailies for AP, random activities for essences, and raids/m+ to be competitive in pvp.

Miss the days where i could buy blue crafted pieces for my alts, go into arena and still be useful. Grind my way up as much as i could and buy my purples that were good for pvp and ok for pve. It was a simple system, it worked, it wasnt broken. Why blizzard did u “fix” it?

2 Likes

Sooo, yeah go gripe about it on that post please k thx!

i remember playing so many alts in mop

now i just log on a 0 geared alt to set up bars and then log off lmao

sick game

5 Likes

Isn’t that a good thing though? The cloak scaling progress is completely solable content, something to do when friends aren’t online.

Infinite scaling would mean eventually you could use an entire set of corrupted items and not have to choose to delete the bonus effects. I can’t say if blizzard will mess it up, though it’s very likely they will, but it really depends how badly they timegate getting a reasonable amount of minus corruption

Gimme a heads up when this is going down. I’ll be there to cheer you on (or give you a shove if/when you get cold feet).

2 Likes

Yes. Also the cloak will get you to 75% corruption resistance before the infinite levels kick in meaning you can get to a competitive level fairly quickly.

This is definitely the lesser of two evils with the infinite neck levels.

1 Like

World quests and islands were soloable content for when your friends weren’t online, it was something you could do!

Now we get to upgrade a cloak to 75% resistance doing PVE and then after we get it to 75% resistance we get to get it to 100% (theoretical) resistance by doing guess what… more PVE!

What Blizzard has done here has removed their KFC Double Down poop sandwich they served you and just served you a poop sandwich. The idea that you can keep pushing corruption resistance isn’t good. It makes the gear cap still unreachable. You’re going to keep playing for a 475 piece that has the right corrupt-forge over and over. If there was a real cap on corruption resistance you wouldn’t need to farm an infinite amount of gear to pray to the RNG gods it rolls the right way. Well, you still would but it wouldn’t matter to such an extent. Realistically your gear would be less of a ways off from BIS than in a system with up to 100% resistance.

What we should want is a hard capped unchanging corruption resistance so we don’t have to sit here till Shadowlands constantly planning around an overly complicated and evolving system.

Steps down from podium

Yeah I agree with that. Corruption should just get a cap that allows you to choose 3-4 bonuses and call it a day. The rest of your gear you just remove the corruption, or… Blizzard could just not put corruption in the game at all and we would all be better for it :man_shrugging:

The only thing I hope for at this point is that corruption solo content is actually somewhat challenging, and not a snooze fest. I spent a considerable amount of time in the mage tower in Legion strictly because it was one of the few solo ventures that was engaging and challenging.

Pet battle balance is more important than class balance.

Any form of challenge they offer in Visions is going to be based around gear and not mechanics. Hell even the mage tower by the end of the expansion was trivial content that you could outgear.

Yeah that’s also true, gear will initially be a factor in how far you get within a few weeks.

It does seem, from what they told us at least, that the corruption content continues to scale in difficulty as well. This should help to keep the content from becoming trivial similar to the mage tower, while also maintaining a certain degree of challenge for the entirety of the system.

I do hope they add some skill based mechanics, but I’m not holding my breath.
Blizzard doesn’t like to upset the casuals who can’t even perform a basic dps rotation :crazy_face:

at least we can farm +15’s and get lucky by weekly chests instead of mythic raiding for bis gear KEKW

can’t wait btw for 475 lingering spores cut of skill and skill totem

:scream:

From what I understand those things max out at 460 now, no more forging and 15 ilvl lower then Mythic raids on m10+ gear. So who knows, probably Mythic raid trinkets will be the next FOTM, but of course those will still be useful.

Looks like 475 M+ gear will be a thing.

Yeah the weekly chest will still be there but you can’t target gear in the same way as you can spam a specific dungeon (like Underrot, KR, etc) until you get a warforged/titanforged trinket / weapon.

The “smart weekly chests” I don’t think go into effect until next expansion, so we’re still at the mercy of 1 weekly loot from chest that RNG’s a piece from ALL m+ loot tables, regardless of what you did for the week.

It is interesting to see they bumped the ilvl discrepancy between m10 and Mythic raids by 5 ilvl though. That makes it more valuable then heroic raid gear :thinking: