Voice use?

I’ve been playing 2s for a while, exclusively with a Ret paly this season and last. We’ve gotten almost to 2K recently, but as usual, we’ve been jumping back and forth depending on the day. We’ve never used voice and he refuses (virtually) to use any macros (I’ve provided one Rep for him many times) or addons…I’m thinking that voice communication might at least help.

My question is how impactful do you believe using voice is and what might we communicate?

Thanks

I mean it does help but precommunicating with typing is fine most the time. You can get rating without voice and there are people (like me) that flat out do play better without it. So if he really doesn’t want to voice just have a plan in advance so there’s not too much overlap.

Thanks. One thing I’ve noticed quite often is that either our positioning is messed up to the point that I’m LoS’d from healing, or something like he BoPs me when I could likely survive without it.

Yeah that happens even on voice sometimes too but BoP is especially valuable for ret, might want to just ask him to only bop late in dampening and on like a certain CD like vendetta and see if you have better luck with that or just ask him to only bop when you’re lower than X amount of health.

Yea I’ll keep that in mind, thanks

why though

this doesn’t make any sense, why would he not want to make his gameplay better?

4 Likes

Yeah if this guy doesn’t wanna get better you should just find a new partner

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: according to these forums, you can get glad with no comms. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and if you dong get glad? well YOURE JUST BAD. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smile: :laughing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

voice communication while learning how a comp works is extremely useful

-help stop overlapping of cooldowns
-coordinate crowd control so as an example he could hammer of justice the kill target while you fear/mindcontrol the healer
-help coordinate positioning so you can tell eachother where youre going to run so you don’t keep running opposite sides of a pillar
-call out when you want bop/sanc

etc

in 2s you can usually get away without voice if you are both on the same page for what you want to do into any given matchup but until youre there it would help a ton

1 Like

Kam just yells at me

2 Likes

how is he misusing rep that he needs a macro

Lol oh Dozer :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: :heart_eyes: :disappointed_relieved: :heart_eyes::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

2 Likes

I use a focus rep macro usually. Not a bad thing to have at all.

@OP, yeah in this current meta for ret, not wanting to voice or use addons or macros is extremely detrimental, as much as I love my fellow Rets, this is not something I like at all. If he wants to progress past 2k he has to improve, especially if you guys are misusing cds.

1 Like

Bop is bad. 95% of the time I press it as a second trinket for my healer.

I played with a guy who came to wow from league who insisted his apm and clicking speed would make up for his lack of macros and bindings lmfao.

Some people are weird like that.

1 Like

The fact that a ton of melee specs dmg isn’t actually physical is disgusting

BoP used to be dope. Make physical dmg big again, unable to attack while BoP’d, and bubble reduces dmg by 50% again

Yeah it’s really funny when I bop my healer at like 20% and they die anyway cause almost every spec in the game does primarily magic damage. It’s actually cringe that eye for an eye isn’t taken like ever against melee cleaves because its not a lot of physical damage being reflected.

As a healer especially I like having voice but only with my friends or someone I will queue with constantly. It’s something you get used to just like adding new keybinds.

In the situations you’re talking about you can easily say things like “you’re low, don’t los me” or “fat heal incoming, don’t range me for a sec” or “you’re in Africa bro I can’t cross mid” or just lining up cc for goes, when to use defensives etc.

As people have said, its not necessary but it makes things easier for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I say. I’ve written out a focus Rep macro and suggested basic addons like Omnibar. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ya he should get gladius and omni bar, very basic addons to use

1 Like