Vesper totem legendary one-shots?

How is vesper hitting so hard?

A single instant [one charge] proc crit from vesper totem did 60k damage.

It was a crit, but I had just killed skyfury.

Is Vesper with kyrian legendary just an automatic one shot if it crits and you don’t have a major defensive up?

I’m all for enhance and ele being good in PvP, but the last thing the game needs is true 100-0 instant one-shots.

I’m a bit lost on how to counter this. You can’t even ground it right? Plus vesper movement is off GCD so it can just be ported in w/3 charges for the one-shot (which is what happened here). So setup and execute from full health can all be accomplished in a single instant w/no ability to kill vesper.

1 Like

It’s shadowlands baby! People gotta die.

Yeah its wild unhealable burst. Can literally 1tap most characters.

If it’s any consolation it looks like next patch HP from gear has scaled much faster than damage. Tests on the ptr show it only doing ~65k when hps are at 80k so there is a possibility of survival

Do the legendary and bron’s soulbind power both benefit from elysian dirge?

Idk about bronn… I haven’t played it much. It’s on my list for next week’s renown grind with comp stomp.

I’d ask dewoverload if you see him in durotar or on stream. I don’t think he runs the Bronn conduit tree

What about the legendary. Does that basically do double damage with the conduit?

yes. i think its like +96% damage with enhanced 252 conduit

Maybe conduits shouldn’t interact with legendaries?

Either that or legendaries need to be balanced assuming use of conduits since some conduits don’t have any interaction with the associated legendary (e.g., venthyr conduit) and others - vesper? - more than double the power of the legendary…

Same thing for like pally ringing clarity conduit. Is that gonna give 96% chance of extra judgement procs every 5 seconds with the kyrian legendary?

1 Like

Same with convoke conduit. I think it’s +30(?)? Or +40(?) % damage buff during convoke. Yep.

Agreed.

Ez countered by earth shield legendary. Earth shield legendary heals so much that it counters any burst damage or at least provide chance to survive. I like earth shield coz it gives you an ability to make mistakes in arena and survive. Also skyfury + stormkeeper if it crits it ez goes up to 70k without eqelibrium so playing vesper is kinda bleh

I just subbed back and switched from venthyr to necro. I prolly should’ve done kyrian. Not disappointed, who doesn’t like extra damage. I did necro for the extra riptide and flame shock

tuesday youll be able to grind the brawl pretty fast and easily for renown and honor if you want to go kyrian anyway.

Renown grind is really fast now.

Instant 40 and then can grind the rest in couple days doin random bgs/skirms or what not.

A friend of mine switched covenants last week went from 0-80 in like less than 48 hours.

yeah you can buy the instant 40 but i have way worse experience with getting 41-80 than just a couple days.

tuesdays comp stomp will make that 41-80 literally a matter of hours + give you tons and tons of honor to upgrade gear.

How long ago did you try it?

I was surprised at how fast he did it because it didn’t seem quite that fast to me either back when I did it when 9.1.5 came out. Was thinking maybe they had made it faster since then.

Then again, maybe he just played ALOT in those two days. Or had good luck.

1 Like

i mean, this shaman who i levelled first and played more than any other character of mine is still not 80 renown. my druid that ive only done renown grinding through comp stomps has necro and night fae at 80 and will have kyrian there too by tueasday afternoon.

idk i know grinding level 9 torghasts really makes it fast now, but i cant stand torghast. would rather put on a movie and chill in stealth at GM

He did it all with pvp I think.

thats wild. maybe ill have to take a look at it? but tuesday is only a couple days away. idk. it definiltey just personal preference im thinking.

This legendary is some pretty gnarly burst. Only challenge is if people know what to look for. You have to fire off 3 spells to get it to proc, and higher rated players are wise enough to throw one ability at the totem, effectively negating all your pressure until it’s up again.

I think it’ll work better for rsham than ele, though enhance may have some success with it if done in a melee cleave zugfest.

The shaman that used this on me didn’t give me that chance. He cast it 40 yards away and then just repositioned it when he was ready to proc the 3rd charge.

That’s the scariest part - counterplay is limited since it can be ported in just for the legendary proc when it’s fully loaded. Particularly since the repositioning is off GCD so there’s no time to even react before it goes off.

1 Like

I played it this twice tonight as ret/arms/rsham.

Both times, we shut it down almost immediately. If you’re very aware and have a few ranged abilities, the totem is easy to kill. If you can’t get someone to kill the totem before he loads it up, you’re gonna get smashed.

I see vesper being more useful on resto to be honest. I’ve messed around with it a bit as ele and it just feels so incredibly clunky.

Side note: you can get the legendary to proc 2x: with 3 dmg spells and 3 healing spells.