Very easy QoL changes

Heya :slight_smile:
so many people including me, go for completing lots of quests, in the many thousands of quests there is a few that could use very minor changes or additions.
I don’t know the exact process for this type of thing being added but I cant imagine all of these combined would take one developer more than a couple hours to implement,
they would however mean quite a lot to quest completionists!

to start off with,

Consortium In burning crusade expansions, reputation grind quests all had 2 versions, and initial turn in quest, and then a repeatable version, usually name "More" of the previous turn in, these are mostly not terrible notable quests, except for the ones for the consortium,

Two quests, “Stealing from Thieves” (9882), and A Head full of ivory (9914), trouble is that these, like their repeatable followups, have a Max Reputation that they can be accepted at, and there is no known way to lower your consortium reputation, allowing you to be permanently locked out of accepting either quest.

solution: remove the max rep requirement on these 2 quests, while leaving it in place for the repeatable versions, the impact on the rep grind would be very minimal but would finally allow many players to complete Nagrand

Garrison-1 In legion, a hero's call: Shadowmoon Valley! and warchief's command: Frostfire Ridge! were added to the game, and have since become extremely infamous, Its standard practice in the questing community to use party sync to replay questlines to get missed breadcrumb quests, the trouble with these two is that, when a player with the quest attempts to share it to you, it gives a you have completed this quest error,

We believe the cause of this to be that one of the quests this depends on being incomplete is marked not replayable, however we have been unable to determine which one(s)

Solution: UNKNOWN,

Garrison-2 Very similar to Garrison-1, each garrison has a quest "Shipyard Report" which leads the player to the shipyard table, however Similar to Garrison-1, the followup is marked not replayable, preventing players who missed the quest the first time around, and players who faction changed from obtaining this quest (The followup quest gets marked for both factions, however shippyard report does not)

Solution: remove not replayable tag from 39243 and 39056

Goblin-Pandaren The goblin and pandaran starting zones have the same trouble, both are impossible to reach, normally this isn't an issue, however if you race change to one of these, you are still unable to reach them to play through the intro quests, which is a rather large issue for quest completion.

Solution: add a dialogue option to pandaren representatives in orgrimmar and stormwind to transport only pandarens to the wandering isle, (as well as initiate the first quest “Much to learn” for the player to accept.
as well as a dialogue option on a goblin in orgrimmar to transport goblins only to the lost isles

Exiles Ever since shadowlands pre patch, Exiles Reach has been an option to play through instead of the traditional starting zones, however there is zero way to reach it for characters that were made prior to 9.0, which has been a big problem for questers.

Solution: Dialogue option on one of the NPCs in the stormwind keep and orgrimmar main hut to travel to the ship where you start the exiles reach questchain with “Warming up”

I really hope these can be implemented as they would really help a lot in questing :slight_smile: Thanks for reading!

13 Likes

Update:

I have really good news :slight_smile:
After I posted this, I was informed of a quest added in DF that I had not yet gotten too
“Feels like the first time” ID 66083, which sends the player to their current race’s starting zone in a time hiccup,

This quest allows faction and race changed goblins, Worgen and Pandaren to go to their respective starting zones, It took me a bit of time to make sure the info was accurate, but I was able to complete both the worgen and goblin starting zones completely on my main, Pandaren zone was updated at some point to allow for the horde and alliance race ID’s of pandaren to do the questchain, but a bug currently makes one of them impossible.

Details:

Worgen: Works completely normally, however as of now you need to be in party sync to do it, as a single quest is still being automatically flagged completed upon changing to a worgen “They Have Allies, but so do we”, so if you want to actually play that quest, you need to be in sync

Goblin: Also works completely normally, but only when the player is in sync, like worgen a single quest is still being flagged completed for changed goblins “Vistory!” and this causes a phasing issue near the end of the questchain

Panadaren: as mentioned above, this one has a bit of trouble, the very first quest in the chain “Much to learn” is supposed to be offered by a book object named “To be a pandaren” however the book isn’t spawning, this quest also appears to have been missed when the Horde and Alliance panda race ID’s were added to the questchain, making it not possible to accept even if the book were to spawn,

Additionally, some safeguard for preventing non panda’s from glitching into the Wandering isle appears to be falsely triggering on returning panda’s, after 60 seconds in the zone you get sent to orgrimmar, this eventually leads you to get completely stuck on the quest “The Way of the Tushui” because you need to guard Aysa for 90 seconds while she meditates.

Despite the few hiccups, this is a massive improvement to the game! and I want to give a thank you to the devs for adding this! :smile:

1 Like