Version needed for Classic instead of TBC Classic?

I haven’t played or updated WoW Classic in awhile (I have it set to not auto-update right now). When I do come back to it, I plan to keep playing Classic and not switch to TBC yet. I just checked out that part of the Blizzard launcher and it says TBC is installed (I have an “Update” button) and Classic is not (I have an “Install”) button. Is there any way to just have it use the current install “as Classic” and not “as TBC”?

I tried the “Locate the game” option under the Install button for Classic in the launcher:

• When I choose “Program Files/World of Warcraft/classic”, it says “This folder doesn’t contain the correct version of this game.”
    – (To be clear, folder name has 2 underscores around it.)
  • When I choose "“Program Files/World of Warcraft”, it just closes the dialog with no apparent result.

So, what version of the game is it supposed to be? The TBC install says it’s version 1.13.6.37497 (via the launcher), shouldn’t that be about right? Thanks.

You don’t need to point the game to folders or anything. There are three versions of the game.

• WoW Classic “Vanilla” (now called “Classic Era” servers or “WoW Classic”)
  • WoW Classic BC (called TBC Classic or “Progression Servers”)
  • WoW Retail (Shadowlands, also called “Retail”)

Classic Era and TBC Classic can be found on the launcher under the BC classic icon. Click the BC classic icon and under “Game Version” choose either “World of Warcraft Classic” or “Burning Crusade Classic”

Shadowlands is, of course, under the normal WoW icon, though actually if you drop down the “Game Version” you can still select WoW Classic or BC Classic (though all this does is switch to the correct icon for you.)

The launcher will pick the correct version to update; there’s no need to track down version numbers. Though, for posterity:

As of June 16, 2021:

• WoW Classic is 1.13.7.38704
  • BC Classic is 2.5.1.38988
  • Shadowlands is 9.0.5.38556