Versatile III Stacking on VDH?

I know TD / Lash is sort of our bread and butter for both specs, but with V3 available to purchase I was wondering if it is worthwhile to pick up a few to get near 3K Base Vers?

Will the loss of damage be worth it for the extra self healing/mitigation?

Someone on a class Discord sort of annoyingly said that if you have to ask, then you don’t need it.

I haven’t been aggressive about vers and I’ve been running 18s and 19s with my friends, and I’ve found that my survivability at the moment isn’t what’s constraining our progress. I think if you’re +20 or higher though, it’s not a terrible idea, and if you have the Echoes now to pick it up and enough TwiDev pieces otherwise, it’s probably worth banking, since it likely won’t be back for four weeks.

Look. If you are not having survivability issues atm then why would you want to waste 20 corruption on it? TD is king 100% fact. If you have 20 corruption and really want to add something that will help out. The best thing you can add would be Expedient 3. Haste for VDH makes your life easier.

You only need to worry about this in 25+ keys.

In fact after 22s you have to drop fracture for feed the demon to keep spikes up 100% of the time with the TD rank 4-5 most tanks are playing with right now.

There’s been talk of running 5-7 versatile IIIs and 1-2x surging vitality to achieve a near 85% reduced damage taken between tattoos and vers. You would be required to run conflict and aegis minors along with potentially strength of the warden aggro for mass taunt aggro. Or maybe still even vop major. Who knows.

You would let a fire mage combust and destroy whole packs with huge pulls of at least 10 mobs and probably a hunter and rogue MD to keep aggro. You could also do this with a unholy DK with big pulls too.

This is because the mobs hit so hard in 25+.

Keep in mind this is not something for your casual M+ player who pugs keys.

If you’re struggling in anything 23 and under it is 100% a L2P issue.

1 Like

The only way I could see hard stacking Vers 3 being viable is if it gave enough damage increase + reduction to make Spirit Bomb usable. You would want 1x Surging Vit 3 then all Vers amps with Vision Major and Aegis/Conflict/Strength minors with all vers heavy gear + 2-3 Heart of Darkness traits.

Even with all of that I doubt it would compare to stacking TD and using Gluttony + Visions.

The point of the build is for 25+ keys. If you aren’t doing that there’s literally no reason to run it so you just play TD4-5 + 1 haste.