Verdant Infusion

Just picked up the 190 version of this legendary and so far loving it. However, curious about the best usage after Cenarion Ward activates on the tank. Do I SM them immediately or wait until it almost expires? Does Verdant Infusion increase HoTs 10 seconds on top of the base time? Meaning, if Cenarion Ward is 8 seconds upon activation and I SM, is it now 18 seconds?

Current duration + 10.

So it doesn’t matter. Wild Growth matters because it decays over time, you get more bang for your buck adding 10s to wild growth at the start versus the end of it’s duration.

So I was thinking about this a bit after posting my original question. If I SM Cenarion right after application that’ll extend it to 18 seconds. So SM will come off CD with 3 seconds left… therefore I can get a 28 second Cenarion. That’s if everything goes right and I don’t need SM for something else.

Yeah it’s the opposite of what the other poster said, don’t time VI with wild growth, try and extend cen ward twice with it. This leads to 93% uptime or so on it

Keep in mind if you apply cenarion the actual hot portion of it doesn’t kick in until the target takes damage. You can apply it early and get a head start on the cooldown.

You can get some crazy uptime if you apply it early, even just a few seconds.

I didnt say to save it for Wild Growth… I just said it doesn’t make a difference for any hot except for Wild Growth.

If you do it right, you can have ward and two SOTF rejuvs 100% uptime.
Put some rejuvs and SM at the start of Cenarion.
Wait till both rejuvs have less than 19 seconds left then cast SOTF’d rejuv, will overwrite a rejuv for 19 secs, the weak rejuv should be 18.
Next SM extends all and SOTF’d rejuv will replace the weak rejuv.
Repeat.

The only hot it really makes a difference with is Cenarion ward, use it right when it procs and you can extend it twice

Right but the original question was about if the timing mattered, it doesn’t in terms of how much healing it adds, except for wild growth lol.