Venthyr Warrior 9.0.5 Changes - Mathematical Calculations says Exploiter will be op

So, looking at the exploiter buffs, it quickly seems that Venthyr warrior will be op. And with some math, it seems like it will be. With the new buff it went from 141% increased damage on mortal strike with Sharpen on, two charges of overpower, 2 stacks of exploiter, warbreaker, and avatar. But now it’s 205% increased damage with mortal strike.

Since i’m 226 ilvl, lets go with that. In a patchwerk setting, with mortal strike doing about 4500 damage normally. With the 205% increase damage, it’ll do 13,700 damage, but lets say you get a crit. It’ll do 27000 damage, all that with one skill.

But what if Mortal Combo (Conduit) procs a second mortal strike? That’ll hit for 13,700 damage. So, if you hit a crit and got mortal combo to proc, you’ll hit them for around 41000 damage. Insane but what if the mortal combo crit too? (Idk if that’s even possible but maybe.) You’ll hit for 57,000 damage. Now 41000 would probably already one shot but maybe not if they have defensives, but this’ll definitely one shot if they are low ilvl. (If you do this big setup, make sure they don’t.) Now all that’s insane, but lets say you only got the big mortal strike crit and no proc on mortal combo. You hit them for 27000 and they are you’re ilvl with around 41,000hp. With massacre, you will put them just right above or right in execute range. Now with warbreaker and Avatar up, your condemns will hit for about 7-8ks. So, that means it’ll in a sense take you 3 globals to kill someone IF you got a crit on mortal strike. But even if you don’t crit, 13k is still a lot of damage and with the possibility of condemn criting after you do a big mortal strike, you could still kill them in 3-4 globals.

So, playing against plate wearers at your ilvl, you can one shot them if you get lucky. Cloth wearers will just die immediately if you get a crit, and anybody with 5 ilvls lower then you, you’ll kill in a global. So if you haven’t already, swap to venthyr, I know I already have.

Venthyr for the win baby.

2 Likes

man, venythr warriors are already using that lego and its getting buffed by 100%? prob no choice but to go venythr next patch now.

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, Exploiter is nerfed on live for Condemn users. It does not provide the 25% MS buff when using Condemn, so it stands to reason that it will also be similarly nerfed for Condemn users when it’s buffed to 50%.

Mortal Combo’s second strike is also unaffected by any MS buffs, because the buffs are consumed by the first MS hit.

It is also technically not all in 1 skill, given that you need to spend GCDs on 2 executes, 2 overpowers, and CS/WB. You are also neglecting to account for armor.

Will it be strong? I think so, but I don’t think it will be as broken as you are saying it will be tbh.

10 Likes

https://www.twitch.tv/truckbenny/clip/InterestingDaintyParrotFUNgineer-0JLMeZmHnnE6RBeH

it 100% works w/ venythr

P.S one sec trying to figure out how to get the clip to show. its a venythr exploiter lego warrior hitting someone with a 19k condemn into a 23k ms. 100-0.

Forgot about this, my bad. Got a little hyped and forgot about that, haha. Still will be very fun if you set it up and get a big crit.

I meant that if you are using Condemn, Exploiter does not give you the full benefit of it’s effect. I remember reading the tooltip back before I swapped to NF, and it didn’t show as 25%.

Nice clip though, that guy didn’t know what hit him xD

Definitely, I love big crits too, and am looking forward to playing around with this, even though I’m not Venthyr, lol.

1 Like

yeah not sure, but 24k mortal? seems like you must still get most of its effect then. what are we gonna see next patch when it gets doubled lol.

1 Like

Corejo was saying it’s 36% per stack for condemn and 50% for executioner.

2 Likes

They’re probably going to keep the scaling in pvp the same and buff it in pve. Idk if any other legendary changes in pvp but I would imagine they could make exceptions.

Sorry cheif the mortal combo second hit doesnt take into account dmg buffs. Its a plain old vanilla MS

2 Likes

For people who want to see some numbers on the PTR, this youtuber has a vid showing them. No affiliation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOmqJzLNgc

I believe it. I 3 shotted a Monk in a skirmish with 2 Condemn crits and a 16k MS. I am not geared either.

You didnt MS for 16k while lacking gear

4 Likes

I’m more curious as to the PvE performance but this peaks my interest.

Yeah i did, i also critted the poor guy a 13k Condeme. Hence the 3 shot.

1 Like

36% per stack, looking at it now on PTR with Condemn. 72% at 2 stacks.

Just curious… is it still 36% per stack in PvP or is the affect reduced in PvP?

Am I wasting my time grinding kyrian renown?? I’m only renown 12 or so, it’s not too late to turn back

2 Likes

Nah, it’s all playstyle. Kyrian has utility and control while Venthyr is more damage. Also kyrian has different comps, dk/war, ret/war. While Venthyr has Mage/War, Shadow/War, comps etc.

Ok appreciate you.