Venthyr Not Worth It?

I tried out Venthyr as MW and I have to say it is one of the worst spells I have ever seen. It has a long cd, rng, low damage, low healing, and it has a time in between the summons so it isn’t even good for getting out a little bit of burst healing or damage. What is the point in even having this if it is worse in every aspect of the game than the other covenants?

I’m sure a Venthyr monk will show up eventually and answer this question…

https://media.tenor.com/images/7f33b42008cd461dc045cb79be590567/tenor.png

1 Like

Yea that’s how long it’s gonna take for them to buff it…

It’s getting a 20% stat buff next patch. The problem though is that I’m pretty sure you need to use the Venthyr Conduit for Fallen Order to really make it worth anything as a 3 minute cooldown ( At least relative to Kyrian ) and theres almost no way that happens with how good Calculated Strikes and Coordinated Offensive are.

It also has the issue of the soul binds just not being very attractive to begin with.

1 Like

Which soulbind? I have only used it in dungeons while leveling so I haven’t seen the soulbinds yet.

Venthyr’s useful but highly situational. I just went Necro for more survivability as a PvP healer. Ya know dying 2 secs into a 8 sec kidney, not to mention a 2.5sec Vanish Cheap Shot waiting after that.

Any of them. Service in Stone from General Draven is nice. None of the other ones really make me feel like Venthyr > Anything else.

You said MW and I misread that as WW.

As MW I’d still personally go Necrolord over Venthyr.

1 Like

Yea Venthyr doesn’t seem worth as MW, just not a lot it can do compared to nerco/kyrian. Even Nightfae was doing more damage than it for me.

Venthyr was exciting in those rare situations where the teleport was useful. Fallen Order was decent boost in raid heals but not like a real raid CD. I was Venthyr until like Renoun 26. It was fun and I liked the look of the spells/zone, if that matters. Maybe that Venthyr soul bind where you take 25% shorter interrupt duration but Necro seems like the clear choice for PvP or PvE. Necro provides tank-y-ness, our biggest deficit in PvP IMO. I think Kyrian might be better Raid/M+, not sure. It wouldn’t be the end of the world to go Venthyr is you think it will be fun. I mean you are already picking an out-of-meta class. lol.

Just thinking out loud :o

I might just stick with it then one day they will buff it too much and everyone will start swapping so I’ll already be there :slight_smile:

EDIT: In your PvP experience did it ever save a game for you, or make any major impact?

1 Like

Not completely accruate. its a 20% buff for the windwalker and brewmaster clones NOT THE mistweaver clones.

2 Likes

Hi, I play as a venthyr MW, and I do enjoy it in keys as a nice cd for prideful. What talby said about the conduit is partially correct however you don’t need to use it, but it does make a nice difference for the healing. I just did a 19 HOA and used jade bond and the fallen order conduit and using it makes me feel like I have two strong cds I can use in a lot of situations instead of just 1.

1 Like

Sorry. Just a tourist.

How is your ele shaman coming?

It’s basically the same issue for WW as well if you use it with it. The WW spirits do sort of okay damage if you use the conduit to buff their damage. But the BrM spirits only do like 400 to 500ish damage with their single keg smash each and don’t even really tank or anything different so are worthless. The MW spirits are sort of okayish at least as a dps for some utility but they only really equal to about a couple of vivifies thrown out.

Overall, it doesn’t seem like it is worth the 3 minute cooldown the ability has. I’d likely just have all the spirits that spawn in be the same as the specialization you are using instead of a random mix of some of the other ones (also with a cooldown reduction as well since you can’t control the spirits at all either).

Seen Mystical play Venthyr in pvp and it seems to be a nice ability for using it pre-cc, such as against mage/rogue

The ability seems like another summon Yu’lon for MW, and personally not a fan of the conduit choices for healing as venthyr (well there is nadjia’s interrupt reduction, but really don’t like the other choices)

Also, my monk is necro, and since MW are squishy and already mobile, think definitely lean on going necro/kyrian for the extra defense

The only reason to go Venthyr is the transmog. One of our holy pallies said I was cute. That’s all I’ve got.

3 Likes

You’re a gnome silly. You’re cute by default not matter!!! <3

Majority of the top MW’s in arena are Venthyr…though a few are swapping to Necrolord I think in anticipation of the upcoming buff to Fleshcraft.

You do see some Kyrian ones too but I reckon that’s mainly because they also PvE/play WW.

Fallen Order is fairly weak for a 3min CD but it CAN be the difference if you cast it just before getting CC’d or when kicked (can still cast this as it’s Shadow).

Door of Shadows would be a pretty big loss as there is definitely times where you use it to escape melee or go in for CC on the enemy healer.

PVE or PVP? Assuming PVE.
In PVP, Venthyr is still BiS (imo) until the buff the fleshcraft hits.

The little guys will eat cc for you as well, same with Yu’lon.

1 Like