Venthyr Light weakness and other Shadowlands races

Lorewise speaking, why only them, the Ventyr, have this Weakness to the light? Why not if a Maldraxxi steps inside of a Light beam, he won’t get burnt or driven insane?

I know they was designed to be Vampires wannabes, but i thought it was just for visual design, not an actual thing…Would make some sense if all Shadowland’s “races” had some weakness to the light or other kinds of magic.

I mean, Every Shadowland Race have some kind of Weakness of diferent kind of magics, or only the Venthyr have this weakness, which is light?

Isn’t everything in the Shadowlands technically undead? Maybe that’s why the light hurts them.

Because the Light, quite literally, doesn’t like the venthyr.

It invaded the Shadowlands to specifically attack the venthyr of Renvendreft because Denathrias was being a prick.

The rest of the Shadowlands didn’t do anything to the Light, so the Light doesn’t do anything to them. Though it might wreck the undead soldiers in Maldraxxus but who knows, maybe it doesn’t.

7 Likes

I’ve noticed that some of the Venthyr have Purple Shadow Magic with the Brokers in Revendreth also using it to contain their wares!

The denizens of Revendreth are Shadow-corrupted! Bastion, Maldraxxus and Ardenweald has no such corruption!

Incidentally the Kyrian have their virtues strengthened while the loyalist Maldraxxi simply just walk through the Ember Ward completely unaffected by the Light’s presence in the Venthyr Covenant Questline!

Incidentally despite the Jailer allowing Sire Denathrius and the Dreadlords to use Shadow(to the point where all Necromantic Orders originating from the Legion are weak to the Light) he and his Mawsworn don’t use it at all!

According to Z’rali the light assaulted Revendreth in retaliation to an affront against them by Sire Denathrius. So I can’t help but feel that while the Venthyr have a weakness to the light, the Light invasion force was rather special in some manner.

As for the others… We know per the flashback quest chain and then world quest in Bastion that the Kyrians can be corrupted by the Void. And the Night Fae are susceptible to Drust magic into becoming their slaves, a process that is not reversible.

Not sure about those within Maldraxxus but since they are technically undead, I assume that the light would harm them.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Setting_Sabina_Free

That Venthyr seemed to have less gone mad from pain than became a puppet of the Light taunting the Player with how they too will burn and that there’s no escaping the Light…

The Maldraxxi who visit Revendreth during the Necrolord Covenant Quest is unaffected by the Light at all!

The Light doesn’t hurt Kleia, even in Revendreth. During the course of the Covenant campaign you end up out there with her. She even helps to make a poultice or something from berries and her own anima to soothe the agony of the Ash Ghouls.

Because blizzard want a vampire land theme park. The venthyr burn by sunlight is to fit the vampire lore is all.