Venthyr Leggo is Garbage

It’s worse in M+ than DC or Rylaks. What is the point of this leggo?

The proc chance of KS is so low and if a flayed target dies, it’s basically worthless.

1 Like

Necro one is no better. Just a severely neutered version of the amazing Anima Power.

2 Likes

I’m fairly confident the covenant ones suck for all classes and specs. Maybe there are a couple that are ok. They’re present just to create the illusion of choice. For the most part every spec has 1-2 that are clear winners, a 3rd that is good but situational, maybe a 4th that doesn’t totally suck and the rest are just terrible. But Blizz gets to say “Hey we offered you more than a dozen, look at all the choices!”

1 Like

You are wrong. The Venthyr leggo is the best you can have. Venthyr itself might not be the best choice for M+, but if you choose Venthyr, the pouch is your best legendary.

4 Likes

No, I was pulling 7.5 avg with Dire Command, and 6.9 with pouch

If you use your Flayed on weak targets that die soon that doesnt surprise me. But frankly, thats a skill issue.
If used just remotely properly, the pouch is the best legendary you can use as Venthyr.

No, I use flayed on the open and if the M+ group targets one, things die on a 30k frost or ele open and the flayed target will die halfway in.

It has nothing to do with skill which I am probably more skilled than you anyways whether in raid, m+, or pvp.

Feel free to link your hunter if you want to have a real discussion with real logs instead of using your imagination.

Not sure what data you’re looking at, but it’s BiS for add cleave across all legendaries currently (source: https://bloodmallet.com/chart/hunter/beast_mastery/legendaries/hecticaddcleave). It’s even BiS for single target too.

I’m currently using it and in M+ it does a lot of damage, if you use it correctly. You should start as many pulls as possible with Flayed Shot as your opener, on the target with the most health. I can easily 2-4 free kill shots this way. Not sure what else to say. It’s working well for me.

Kill Shot could stand to do more overall damage, and if our mastery was reworked to also increase the Hunter’s damage, it would be fantastic. But even in its current iteration, it works well.

4 Likes

Bloodmallet is not accurate. I run 30% haste and with DC’s additional 5% haste, there is a breakpoint in the GCDs that allows me to get in one extra gcd in between flayed ticks. So I can (Barbed Shot, KC, KS, Cobra, Barbed Shot, KS) on a back to back instead of just Barbed KS, KC, KS with lower haste.

Lot of damage is also relative. I’ve timed keys 15-18 and my average was 6.9k overall with pouch and 7.5k with DC. I’m assuming most people are not that successful with DC because they don’t run 30% haste so to them, yes pouch is great. But it sucks for people that play at higher levels.

There is only one other Venthyr hunter higher than me in M+ score in the world and that’s only because he rolled a 252 wep in his box and I’m, still using 233 elite wep from last tier. I have had plenty of IRL logs and experience with pouch vs DC.

2 Likes

I see so many posts saying MM Hunter is easy, allyagotta do is follow your rotation, and here you are implying perhaps shots should be chosen, depending on the target.

Yes. Pick your shots, that’s skill.

1 Like

I’m using it to pad stats in BGs

Daddyskeet, I see you have a lot of mastery. If you switched that out for more crit and vers, your Kill Shots would hit harder which would then cause more damage to splash.

I was playing a build with 40% base crit and getting those huge kill shots off was pretty important for the legendary.

This is Badsneakerz on my hunter.

I have almost 900 crit rating and my kill shots hit like a ton of bricks. BM’s preferred stats have always been crit and haste, with vers and mastery much lower. The leggo has been working great for me with high crit. You’re probably right about him having too much mastery.

1 Like

Can you tell if you get more procs from Haste causing the dot to tick faster?

I can see/track a difference on things like that, using my Details add-on.

I have 3 item sets for raid, M+, and PVP. Please quantify huge damage (and key/level). 5.5k avg after an M+ is huge dmg for some people.

dot doesnt tick faster, it ticks at 2s intervals.

My KS dmg is 5162 base. It hits hard, but you can miss a proc without haste from losing 1 GCD of other spells per 2s tick, and that completely negates the crit and vers. You wouldn’t even know you missed it because KS proc will stay flashing on next tick cycle

Yes, everyone picks shots. That’s 101, that’s not really advice or insight any more than telling someone to use their hands to play wow.

It sucks even at my level of gameplay, and no amount of advice to do basic mechanics from lower level players is going to change the fact that the leggo still sucks compared to DC and Rylaks in the hands of a player at my level.