Venthyr Door of Shadows will be broken

Door of Shadows: Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
35 yd range, 1.5 sec cast, 1 min cooldown

Do you realize how much BETTER this is compared to the other covenant abilities. You can SKIP trash packs in m+, you can hop to another floor in Warsong gulch with the flag, you can teleport from platform to platform in raids.

How does this even compare to a movement speed increase, a potion or a shield from the other covenants.

If you don’t address this now, you can bet one thing will happen:

LFM m+ 15, Venthyr only pst.
LFM raid ‘this boss’, Venthyr only pst.
LF flag carrier, must be Venthyr.

19 Likes

This is just getting silly now you make your own group problem solved.any covens welcome tada!

7 Likes

I’d say they keep the Covenant Signature Abilities as they are, but buff some of them.

For instance, Soulshape shouldn’t be a 30% movement speed increase. It should be mounted speed with blinks.

As for Kyrian, I’d actually prefer it our flask was changed to still be a flask but with a different effect, more similar to the original ability: Unburden. It’d just allow us to speed out of the way of anything.

As for Necrolord, I think it’s fine as is. The idea is that you’ll just brute force things down.

2 Likes

This isn’t a tuning issue, you can’t tune utility like this. A teleport will always be better for most situations. The problem here is, Blizzard says there’s no wrong choice but clearly there is.

A group of 5 people with Venthyr in M+ to skip trash, a raid calling the raid to use the teleport together to avoid a big aoe puddle.

2 Likes

Read the rest of my post please.

1 Like

Mounted speed increase with blinks don’t help on fights, Door of Shadows will better.

Why eat a potion to remove slows when you can just teleport out with Door of Shadows.

One is a dmg shield, the other is a movement utility which will help in more cases.

2 Likes

You can practically outrun mechanics with that level of speed. Also, the base Soulshape ability has a Soulbind that makes you invisible after your Soulshape ends. It performs the same function as the Venthyr ability in a way.

You didn’t read that it seems. Unburden, the original Kyrian ability we saw at Blizzcon. It was an ability that would give you 300% movement speed for 4 seconds and reduce the rate at which enemies detected you greatly. If you gave us 3 charges of it every five minutes, it could be really powerful.

You’re comparing an apple and and orange and are surprised that they are different colors. They serve a similar use in a dungeon. You can either skip the enemy, or nullify it’s damage it’ll deal to you.

Also, just check this out:

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soulbind-calc/AQU

1 Like

uhm… have you not seen the ability that gives you a shield equal to 80% of your total hp on a 2 min cooldown?
if not you should def look at the other abilities cause uh, thats the only one that needs nerfed since an 80% shield is probably the most broken of all of them

1 Like

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Increased movement speed is always
good. It’s always a dps increase.

1 Like

Is it tough. I mean u can cast at least 2 teleport(Blink) in Night fea one. Venthyr ability sound just like a Void Elf blink to me except u have to cast it

It’ll be good for pvpers or tanks but pointless on anything else. A port across holes and at viewable places porting without pulling mobs. The potential is alot higher for utility. Do we know if the fae ability is useable indoors? If not the ports a pve m+ and some PvP winner hands down lol

your telling me an 80% damage shield that everyone can put on themselves, ina raid every 2 mins, is useless? are you high man. thats so op, why even have a healer at that point XD

You watched a streamer right ?

He probably watched Preach’s latest video.

1 minute cool down seems pretty generous, and isn’t combat restricted like Shadowstep. I imagine it’s going to be nerfed hard at some point.

1 Like

Because while it would absorb damage. As a dps you shouldn’t be taking enough to die otherwise you or the groups doing something really wrong. Utility to move in and out of mechanice to avoid the damage and get back onto a boss faster for dps is all round better as we should be killing stuff. Its useful for dps if they want to again PvP or for tanks but realistically as a pve dps its not something u would need unless you love standing in the fire xP

People can choose what they want but I personally would have no use for a sheild as a dps lol

Honestly, that’s not going to make a difference to me. My druid is going Ardenweald. She already has a cloaking and fade and the night fae mog is too gorgeous to pass up.

4 Likes

but with that logic the nightfae ability is better because its an instant cast blink and mov speed buff on a 1 min cooldown, weres the vanthyr is casted
(its actually 6 blinks but)

1 Like

If any mage has the Venthyr ability , than you will never catch them in pvp . I can see Venthyr being nerfed . 3 to 5 min CD .

1 Like

Ah yes but does it act as a mage blink which can still pull and aggro mobs or is it a skip the entire thing and avoid it like a true teleport. Though both would be very good for mobility.