Vanilla Fresh Servers?

That would be the balancing act that Blizzard and this community would have a hard time stomaching. While something like vanilla fresh would be fun and interesting, everything would have to be small or else it would just become another hamster wheel.

If each server had a max capacity of like 5000 players, it might catch lightning in a bottle and create a good social experience. Otherwise, I don’t see the point and would rather roll an alt or not play at all.

Problem with even the Makrik/Pagel cluster is that the leveling experience is pretty limited. If you want groups, you’re likely going to have to wait for weekends, especially if you play at off-peak hours.

There seem to be several guilds doing endgame stuff, but leveling is lonely.

what are you even talking about
just release fresh vanilla classic servers
people clearly want this
so let’s get it done, blizz :expressionless:

6 Likes

After SoM I’m skeptical that any fresh vanilla server would last more than a two months this time around, especially with Wrath.

1 Like

Speaking strictly for myself – I completely missed original Classic WoW, and I’d love for a fresh vanilla server to be created. Only two for each region, though, to avoid low server pop issues. (One pvp, one pve.)

2 Likes

wrath is already dying. a fresh vanilla server will do just fine :expressionless:

2 Likes

Should be soon…

1 Like

yeah blizz, ya’ll dont what these private servers to start popping up and showing ya’ll up

In for fresh classic era or SOM2 as well. Sad the wife and I hit SOM as late as we did, populations were pretty low after 5 months but still had a lot of fun with leveling through vanilla.

5 Likes

SoM started falling apart from a series of events brought on by blizzard. The player population dropped after the gold buyer suspensions, followed by a month later killing the smaller servers with the free transfers. A lot of people just quit when this was announced. Many of the players that did stay and transferred to jom quit soon after realizing how imbalanced the server was combined with hyper-inflated auction prices(wotlk prices are cheaper for many of the same items, not joking).

Blizz you can fix these problems on the next season. Either sell wow tokens or do something about the bots. SoM was way too expensive with the lack of world buffs combined with harder raids. Also just make one pvp and one pve server and if not dont offer a xfer just a couple months after release.

I absolutely loved SoM. The changes that were made were all good(minus the diamond flask nerf but im biased). Early barman shanker before it was put down by blizz was my favorite time to play this game ever. I want this again. Blizz please help us!

3 Likes

Well they said SoM would be year long seasons. This one should be ending at the end of the month. Hopefully the next vanilla fresh is December or something. Probably going to let this sub lapse and just wait till then.

They should make it like 6 months long next time tho.

2 Likes

I like the 6 month idea but maybe make it 7 months with that first month being a leeway to hit 60? I would be very interested in 1 month phases and just like boost the dungeon and raid drops to compensate for the lack of time?

1 Like

Im neck deep still mastering and gearing my unholy dk but you bet your bottom dollar i’d hop on a fresh vanilla server in a heartbeat. World buffed 40 man raiding is peak pve imo.

Pservers are the answer since blizz wont

What’s the most populated Classic Era pserver? I’m tired of waiting to play Vanilla. Even the most populated Era servers are dead and I don’t want to level alone…

I remember when I played on Nost, I have no trouble getting groups.

Mankrik PVE cluster actually had hundreds of people on the other night, lots of people in Tanaris & Un’Goro, and had Naxx raids going on. I was surprised

I’ve spent the last week looking for a Stockades group. Most I ever had in my party at once was 3.

Non-boost Stockades groups go off all the time on Mankrik. What are you doing wrong?

I rolled a new mage on Mankirk because i wanted to do some chill leveling. About 300+ on across all levels. Saw about 6 or 7 people in the starting zones leveling.

I agree we need fresh vanilla servers, let’s just limit pvp ranks to 10 until Naxx comes out to avoid the 30 fury warrior runs lol