Vanilla Era Grobbulus Server is Dead & needs to be added to the Whitemane Cluster

Good Morning,
I am a long-time lover of WoW & I’m very excited for the Era-Server system. Currently, I have 9 Vanilla characters I am very attached to; their names, their Roleplay, my time sunk into each character and the stories and memories I’ve created with them result in hundreds of hours (more like a few thousand) of fun through the Vanilla game, and I thank all the people at Blizzard & my fellow players for that!

The problem I am having right now is that I have not gotten to play Vanilla content anymore since the shift to TBC. I am Horde on Grobbulus, and it does not layer with any other servers. The time restrictions on the paid character transfer service, as well as the cost ($225 over 13.5 months) make that option not viable, especially because it means at least half of my characters would lost their names on any given server.

Please, consider merging the server to Whitemane*. The community is all but nonexistent at this time (and the RP community completely nonexistent), but there are still a handful of us who play, though we are limited to dungeons or, at best and with much planning and min-maxing, Zul’Gurub. Layering with the rest of the servers will allow us to keep our identities and names, as well as some of our history, without having to spend a fortune for a halfway fix.

I appreciate your time. I am sincerely passionate about this game, and both myself and a few others within the community desperately hope you consider this seemingly simple fix-action.

Thank you so much,
-Rott

13 Likes

If your realm was connected you’d keep your name.

3 Likes

Right! That’s what I’m hoping for :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The server is pretty much dead right now (aside from some Alliance players), with there often being less than 3 Horde members on at a time, or even none at all. If there was a sizeable community to join or interact with, I’d have a reason to get on and play.
Please merge!!!

5 Likes

people should come back and play on grobb

3 Likes

Jom best server

3 Likes

Heya, Frosty.

Who’s that?
Oh wait you mean Frosssssty, the pants-on-head gnome.

Sup dude

1 Like

Agree, Grobb should be added to the Whitemane cluster.

4 Likes

every pvp realm should be merged together

5 Likes

I have Horde toons on Whitemane. I am interested in cloning my Alliance Grob toons but since I cannot transfer them to Whitemane, they would be stuck on a dead realm.

There really needs to be a solution for this. Connecting Grob to Whitemane would be great.

3 Likes

As one of the two people that have been playing on Grobbulus non-stop for the past 5 months, post-SoM release, I want to put my 2 cents here.

PLEASE NEVER MERGE GROBBULUS WITH THE OTHER SERVERS. Grobbulus is fine the way it is.

This petition is a bad idea. If you want to raid on Whitemane, transfer, but leave Grobbulus the way it is.

Thank you.

1 Like

they really should just merge every pvp server and every pve server in order to make room for tbc era realms and do the samething. 1 pvp and 1 pve for more era realms in different expansions

2 Likes

tbc era realms

There won’t be any, unfortunately.

My understanding is that the RP realms are exempted from realm connections/‘merges’ due to their unique ruleset. While I can certainly empathize with players that desire more realm connections (I play on the Era East Coast cluster), it would be hard to justify doing that to a realm like Grobbulus unless that realm’s community unanimously agreed to it.

i believe blizzard will change their minds hopefully

1 Like

I wish i could RP more with ya all but lately I’ve just had time to raid and sleep plus the attunement process while fun burned me out a bit lol

1 Like

This. Grobb doesn’t need more raid loggers - it needs more players.