Valor system

I think valor is a good system, maybe it needs some tunning on weekly cap and costs of upgrade, but good in general.

But what I think the system really needs is to allow upgrade till ilvl 226. System came abit too late in the season, and at this point many people have very few slots under 220

Remove the cap and make it so I can perform more upgrades per week either by increasing how much valor we get or decreasing the cost.

Needing to hold on to valor because to optimally use it you should always save it for BiS items from a +15 is pretty lame.

2 Likes

Valor is good for those that already have the gear but once you already have the gear, why do you need valor?

Being around 210ish from PvP and PvE gearing, the current Mythic+ valor via PUG is not that helpful. I’m still gambling on vault to really get gear upgrades as by the time you get the next Keystone unlock as a Melee DPS, you will likely overgear the content that you’re running.

Maybe the goal of valor was to find specific/one off pieces to offset the gambling of vault as that makes more sense due to the design such as keystone unlocks, high cost to upgrade (Pick your favorite piece to upgrade) and valor caps. I don’t recall devs actually stating that so the player base likely got the wrong idea.

Once you get KSM on your account you can upgrade to 220 on your alts as well. Personally, this has been a godsend and I’m really enjoying it.

1 Like

Right there with you, waiting for 210s while racking up the valor (on alts) feels pretty efficient.

Use the anima to upgrade covenant stuff then start getting (at least) 207 stuff worth upgrading.

226 might be a bit much. 213 is a more appropriate cap for 5man content imo.

No. Just no.

The drops from a 15 have trash ilvl already. It needs to be 226, otherwise the only way to get upgrades is the vault and the vault is yet another terrible system that needs tuning.

2 Likes

if 5mans are 226, then raiding needs to be 260.

1 Like

The problem is getting the items to drop.

1 Like

Why should raids be worth more than content on ever increasing difficulty that is more difficult than raiding. KSM shouldn’t award 226 gear but all 18’s in timer? or something like that.

1 Like

because raids are larger and require more teamwork.

At some point in an infinite-scaling difficulty mode, the “more teamwork” is going to be offset by “easier”, and going to stop being true because the only way to get past the increased difficulty will be a level of teamwork not really seen often in raids.

Never mind that many Mythic raid encounters aren’t actually anything special. Not every fight is N’zoth, Jaina, Kil’jaeden, Heroic Lich King, etc. Some are just simple, or tank and spank gear-checks.

Lastly, Mythic+ offering 226 won’t stop the last two bosses in Castle Nathria offering 233

1 Like

this is an MMORPG, not a multiplayer game of Competitive Suffering.

a Hot wings eating challenge is more difficult if you add a server slapping you every 20 seconds. That doesn’t make it a better challenge.

Now you’re just throwing Chewbacca Defense-level nonsense at the fan.

1 Like

my argument can beat your argument any day.

ANY DAY!!

You have no basis to your argument. M+ at a certain level becomes harder than anything raid has to offer. Therefore completion of said content should award as high of reward as anything mythic raiding has available.