Valley of Heroes Irony

When Turalyon, Khadgar, Alleria Windrunner, Kurdran Wildhammer, and Danath Trollbane were all presumed dead on Draenor, statues were erected of them in Stormwind’s Valley of Heroes and have memorial plaques, written by close friends/family.

However, while all five of these characters are alive, almost all of the people who memorialized them- Uther, Antonidas, Sylvanas Windrunner, and Thoras Trollbane- have all actually died, with Falstad Wildhammer as the only exception.

17 Likes

also i think there is a varian quote on the plaque or something
hes dead and theyre alive lol

Eh, Sylvanas having a statue in Stormwind is a bit of a stretch.

When she died, the High elves were no longer part of the alliance (not part of the horde as well for sure). They kinda didn’t exist since their number were down to 10% of what they were before.

Huh? I don’t think anyone’s saying she does or should.

I only bring her up because she wrote the inscription on Alleria’s statue, and she, of course, has died. A few times, in fact!

4 Likes

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your post then.

2 Likes

If Orgrimmar ever gets another rehash (please Blizzard, we all want to move on from Garrosh era spikes), I think they should put some statues of past Horde heroes (actual heroes) up. Have Vol’Jin, Cairne, Saurfang statues in a corner of the city.

Also think they should have one of previously stated Alliance characters make a in game reference to their statues in Stormwind, maybe a clever joke or something, would be a nice touch to see them referenced atleast.

2 Likes

To be fair, Blizzard at one point thought Falstad was dead too.

10 Likes

Orgrimmar desperately needs an update. Stormwind could probably get away with a nice texture update, but I’d say Orgrimmar needs more love.

I think that’d be great if each maybe had a click voice line referencing their statues.

Turalyon: “The statue is great!.. But did they really have to show me crying?”

Khadgar: “To be immortalized with a statue in the valley of heroes is a great honor!.. Though it does make me miss my beard.”

Alleria: “Why does my statue have a bird? I’ve never even owned a bird.”

Danath: “I’ve had a statue erected in my honor not once, but twice!.. The second time was because it got knocked over by a rampaging dragon, but I’m counting it!”

Kurdran: “Wha- What do ye mean you dinnae know who I am!? Yeh’ve walked by my statue a million times! EVERYONE has!”

11 Likes

They did talk about it.

https://youtu.be/GXtOL84C6c4

2 Likes

Never realized this, very rarely play alliance so this is news to me. Very cool.

Thanks!

They should have the orphan matron with the crowd of orphans stop by the statues and talk about it.

Orphan Matron Nightingale: "And here we have the valley of heroes, children. These statues were built to honor those who were trapped and presumed dead beyond the Dark Portal after the Second War. In recent years, all five have returned safely to Azeroth at long last!

Little Girl 1: “Alleria is so pretty! I wanna be like her when I grow up.”
Little Boy 1: “Turalyon looks like he’s going to cry.”
Little Boy 2: “Khadgar looks so cool, like a real wizard! And this was signed by Antonidas! He was the head of the Council of Six back then!”
Little Girl 2: “Alleria’s was written by Sylvanas.”
Little Boy 1: “Uther the Lightbringer wrote Turalyon’s! That’s awesome! I wish I got to meet him.”
Little Girl 2: “Wait a minute. Everyone these statues were made for is alive, but all the people who wrote the plaques are dead?”
Little Boy in a Red Shirt: “Nuh-uh! Falstad is still alive. I know, I have a friend in Ironforge who checks.”

7 Likes

How khadgar got to look young again?

He looks in his 50s at worst, Isn’t he supposed to look much older?

Its stated that after he returned to Azeroth he slowly began to “de-age” over time

Please no, there will be too much uproar about us not putting up statues of Garrosh and Sylvanus, even though they clearly shouldn’t have statues.

1 Like