Valeera spoilers(ish)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392758838891380736/715678813547134989/8acc185cec2f5eda0b5d5586b007f219.png

valeera who is an alliance character is in orgrimmar now, the alliance now has presence in the horde capital

8 Likes

Nothing new - Baine’s already on the council and kinda the de-facto leader.

37 Likes

Does she even have dialog/placeholder mode?

Can’t wait to see Baine scolding Horde players and NPCs while praising her work with the Alliance and Anduin’s daddy and such.

Is she just a placeholder? Or legit going to be there for Shadowlands? I suppose she’s the best bet for a newer “neutral” face in the game. Considering most neutral character we have dealt with over the year have been the farthest thing from actually neutral.

14 Likes

So Rhegar an Alliance character too?

(Commentary): Valeera isn’t so much an Alliance character, as she’s loyal to the House of Wrynn over the Horde. If Anduin dies without an heir, she would go back to Silvermoon and probably not help the Alliance directly again.

21 Likes

the wrynns ARE the alliance at this point.

47 Likes

(Commentary): All one of them. If Anduin dies or vanishes, Valeera won’t be sticking with the Alliance.

like they are going to kill off anduin

11 Likes

Good. This game is absolutely screaming for more ambiguity about the factions and how their identities blur on the margins.

My kingdom for at least one major character who’s like ‘I don’t care what the orcs did to your family you twit the faction war is a disaster and you need to think harder about it,’ and is not given some ultimate, character obliterating reprimand by the writers for doing so. //Theramore//

3 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392758838891380736/715685785017516092/ba02fa4d35a47b1727c19f1391b1cba5.png

3 Likes

At least that’s something. That doesnt tell much about why she is randomly there though.

I’m kinda perplexed by Bliz’s insistance on using her as a Horde character, if only because of how little in-game presence she has. If you didn’t do the Rogue campaign in Legion, the only other time you interact with her is in 8.3, when she gives you cutscenes - which is odd when you consider that any of the actual Horde characters could do that too. Baine is even in the same room as her in 8.3 (up next to the map, while she’s on the lower floor in a corner).

(And when was the last time the Alliance saw her outside of the Rogue order hall? The Scourge invasion? The original Battle for Undercity?)

It’s not even an issue with her history or affiliations - just more of a “why the hearthstone rogue and not someone else” deal.

33 Likes

Maybe you just answered it yourself, to promote Hearthstone.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose it’s canon in any meaningful way but she’s presumably the singer/songwriter for Varian’s funeral song, which is great.

Valeera has a decently large presence in Before the Storm as Anduins personal spy/envoy. She gets tasks Anduin does not trust even SI:7 with.

That would lead me to think she is observing the Horde for Anduin to make sure they don’t go off the rails again, and if/when they do to be an early warning alert. An observer possibly could of been a concession the Horde council made in the armistice agreement.

8 Likes

So basically the same plan Anduin had with Shaw’s spies that Sylvanas used to persuade Saurfang that the Alliance was out to get the Horde?

7 Likes

Not really, if it is an above the table concession and not… spying. Valeera is totally independent from the Alliance or Horde, with loyalty to the Wrynn family alone… so she does in a lot of ways make an ideal observer.

2 Likes

the wrynn family who is currently ruling the alliance, forgive me but that doesnt seem to be an impartial observer

22 Likes

Well yes, but it means she will do what she views as best for Anduin, even if it harms the Alliance in the process. She would totally do stuff like push another leader in front of an assassination attempt if it was the best way in the moment to save Anduin.