Vakkiz the Windrager doesn't drop loot

I was trying to get the reputation for the Sha'tari Skyguard to get those Nether Ray mounts, and got to the point where I have the repeatable quest Tokens of the Descendant.
When I summon any of the bosses they drop the item needed for the quest, except for Vakkiz.

I summon it and kill it, it turns Undead and then dies, nothing drops.
Tried to kill it only with auto attack, because I thought it was me killing it too fast. Didn't work.

Is it a bug? Or am I missing something.

BTW I'm getting the scrolls from the mobs and summon in the piles of skulls.
1 Like
same problem here all week. Put in a ticket for it as well. Seems to have been that way for at least a month or 2.
Just killed him, for the second time, no drop.
Killed twice last night. Neither time had loot. Submitted a ticket. GM told me in an email vakkiz has 2 phases and if killed too fast loot won't drop. Still winding up with skelly boss and no loot again tonight. GM did say if it were to happen again use red "?" To submit ticket that devs see . hope they fix it soon
Can confirm still not dropping Vakkiz's Scale
1 Like
I have found that if you kill It in while it is still in snake form, you will be able to loot it.

However, if you kill it while it is in undead form, you won't be able to loot it.

To this end, I found doing one massive hit to kill it outright did the trick, otherwise you run the risk of it turning undead.
1 Like
may 19th same problem still. if you can't kill it in any form that it happens to be in then that's not right. many hours of frustration over something that should be fun and rewarding. Anybody at blizzard got what it takes to step up and re write this?
Got the kill...but no scale! what the heck! Now i have to get to 21000 ten points at a time..... I am 65 years old and haven't to many more years to waste on crappy written quest item chases.
Now that i wrote all this...i go back to my tune and every "token of the descendants" i had is missing from my bags. That's adding insult to injury! I would write you a ticket if i knew how. The tune i am playing is... aphthartos ...
still trying to kill Windrager..turns undead... wont even let me hit it ... this is just a dirty rotten thing to do to players. at least give us a fighting chance. This was written by some real weasel of a designer. evidently a very small endowed individual.
3 times in a row ......wtf!
4 times in a row !!!!!!!! YOU ..... #%$ &##$!
4 times in a row !!!!!!!! YOU ..... #%$ &##$!
5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES !!!!!
5 times and no drop!
I am having the same issue, no drop on just this boss.
i found that i had a time lost offering already and scale didnt drop. once i used the offering the scale dropped straight away
Question - is everyone being affected by this after collecting the item for the initial quest turn-in?

I think there may be two separate issues:

1) If you haven't collected the item before, in which case you should ensure you are allowing Vakkiz to enter his second, skeletal form before killing him.

2) If you failed the quest "Terrok's Downfall" like me, and now Vakkiz's droprate is 0% when you're trying to re-acquire the item a second time.
I've been trying to get this one on level for some time now, which is not possible unless you come with 5 people or a 100+ (which isn't exactly on level). It does seem to be that once he goes skeletal, its not possible to loot the scale. The only time I've managed to loot the scale was when there was a 120 hanging in the background, being thoughtful enough to be sure I tagged it before proceeding to one shot it.
1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problem as well - killed him alone twice at level 80 and just now at level 90.

This prevents me from getting the item required for the next quest in line, which is possibly also bugged as I could not kill Terokk because he became immune to my attacks and there is no blue flare nor bomb for me to be able to attack him again. I cannot finish this quest chain with these bugs unfixed! :frowning: