Using Shadow for WoW: Bannable?

I don’t believe this is true; they can only look at memory space of their game(s).

This thread is almost 2 years old and the EULA has yet to be updated. I’ve played wow since 2006 and can no longer play it over 720p on my mobile computer that is required for my nomadic lifestyle. I cannot enjoy wow like this and refuse to risk my account due to this EULA policy. Please get your act together and solve this. Either allow for cloud gaming or provide an option directly. This pandemic has been awful for GPU prices and your customers deserve modern solutions. I’m sure you would love to up the subscription price. I will sincerely miss playing WoW. Goodbye.

You know, when you choose a “nomadic lifestyle”, the core of that is giving up many of the modern conveniences we “non-nomads” enjoy regularly.

As your nomadic lifestyle goes on, you’ll find more and more that you cannot enjoy the exact same things we of one-domestic-location can. You sacrifice one for the other. Such is the life of a nomad, despite the insistence of every tech company on Earth that you can “go anywhere and do anything” with today’s technology.

Sometimes it won’t be feasible due to the tech, and sometimes it won’t be feasible due to the rules. You’re experiencing the latter, which is part and parcel of a nomadic life.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Rawro,

This thread is indeed 2 years old and since then we have decided against supporting cloud gaming services and asked that our games be removed from them, because of cheating implications that are impossible to work around on our end.

As this game has both an economy and competitive environment that can be destroyed by the allowance of these services, we are unlikely to support them going forward. I hope this has at least provided some insight as to why we made this decision.

Locking this thread to ensure that players who discover this topic in the future can easily find the latest information, however, if you have feedback for the game, it can be provided using the in game suggestion system or at #community:general-discussion

3 Likes