Using Preserved Contaminants on Older Cleansed Items

Wouldn’t it be neat GD if we actually knew what the rotation for the corruptions available would be, like we do with the weekly affixes, so we could just save up our echoes until that day…similar to how people basically dont bother pushing keys until a certain set of weekly affixes…like last week.

They posted this 20 hours ago…

No, they posted about crafted gear. Not conquest gear.

1 Like

They posted this thread an hour ago. They said crafted items can be corrupted yesterday, so what exactly are you being such a pita about?

You can definitly add corruption to gear that never had corruption on it before. I added a corruption to a never-before-corrupted ring last night.

Actually NOT useless?

Who is this new Blizzard?

Good. Now extend the rep buff until prepatch

1 Like

They said changes would “of course” exclude gear that can’t roll corrupted. If you took that to mean it only applied to the crafted gear, that is different than how I read it.

Thanks for the fix! Glad it came so fast. My eyes were starting to ache from how much I was rolling them at all the conspiracy theories about this bug.

Imgur

Conquest gear out of the PVP chest can roll corrupted, but the end of conquest bar gear can’t be corrupted with the new items. They should address that discrepancy, or hotfix end of conquest bar gear to be corruptible.

7 Likes

Yes I know. And therefore corruption can be added.

Everything I have seen indicated that it couldn’t roll corrupted to being with. And so you can’t add now.

How about sending us 20k echoes we would have earned over the months it was supposed to be for essence catch up only but now it’s also used for corruption vendor when it was never communicated they would be for anything but essence catch up?

“This will, of course, exclude items that cannot ever be Corrupted, such as engineering goggles (Azerite) or alchemist stones (trinkets).”

You had a rough time in school huh?

That is your answer.

But that seems like an oversight. When Blizzard first announced corruption way back in 8.2.5 they specifically said trinkets couldn’t corrupt. And since we know azerite gear can’t be modified in any way, it’s obvious that wouldn’t corrupt either.

No other gear restrictions were announced – which makes the fact that end of conquest bar gear should be corruptible, it just never was made so. And now that they’ve given us a way to add corruptions ourselves, they should also fix the oversight of that one source of 8.3 / Season 4 gear not being corruptible.

At the very least, they could tell players why it’s not meant to be corruptible.

I have not tried personally. I would love if it were possible. But several people have posted about not being able to add sockets to the conquest gear. A player posted his ticket response that the conquest reward items were “fixed” and couldn’t corrupt.

Why would they then only list crafted items as examples?

so was the 48 hours of rage and panicked tears worth it?

2 Likes

I’m done with the expansion. Seems like the logical thing to do.

1 Like

Well thanks.

Knew there had to be a way to fix this issue readily.

Might have been better though had Blizz just delayed this system until this fix was ready to avoid the negative backlash.