Using Classic Mechanics/Coding to store attacks

We’ve seen the recent videos about Ret/Warriors using HoJ to double attack.

Apparently more have dug into this to discover how to store more.

Intentional? Exploit? Either way I want to bring attention to this.

3 Likes

What’s it do? Not watching your clickbait video. Thanks for a better summary in advance.

Not clickbait and I haven’t had any coffee yet. Thanks for the friendly post.

1 Like

Basically, if you have an ability (sword spec for rogues/warriors or equipment like HoJ), you can use an ability that stops white swings or a macro with /stopattack and actually store up about 5 white swings with it.

This allows you to then basically right click someone in PVP and delete them, because they get hit with all of those saved attacks at once. lol

3 Likes

Thank you, Maggotrot. Better summary than I could do this early.

3 Likes

I got you fam. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you.
Anyone tried this with hunters autoshot? Lol.

I don’t even speak until I get a couple sips of coffee. Let alone pick up the phone. Lol.

Blizzard needs to fix all of these new engine bugs. Jesus.

Do hunters have an ability that allows them to get an extra shot in as a proc? If so, then it might work there too yeah.

At the end of a bad cold or flu, so right now I’m mustering the energy to just make it! RIP.

Oh pfft. Missed that part but hunters would be sick with it. Lol.

So what happens if a rogue has say Thrashblade which can reward and extra atk?

In the video he stated Sword Spec, HoJ, and Thrash Blade works with this.

I personally don’t think this was an intended mechanic. :grimacing:

1 Like

I’m actually not certain it’s a bug, and it may actually be an artifact of the way things used to work in vanilla. I seem to remember this used to be a thing for Paladin’s saving up white attacks for reckoning bomb as well as procs from HoJ at the same time.

Now, we’re obviously not playing vanilla anymore, so to be honest I could care less if it gets patched out. Would definitely make things a little more fair anyway.

If it is a vanilla thing, then I guess they could leave it alone. What makes me think it’s a new engine issue is that it’s one of the many things people have recently discovered and everybody seems to be surprised. You’d think that if it was a vanilla issue, then there’d be some random person chiming in and telling us that it is. I guess only time will tell.

It’s amazing to me just how many things were possible back in vanilla that others didn’t know about though. Like the whole Bloodrage dropping you out of combat for a split second when cancelling it. Then you could write a macro to basically give you another charge as a warrior.

Most people didn’t know about that, and if it hadn’t been for Swifty releasing a video showcasing it, it probably never would have gotten nerfed in vanilla. Pretty hilarious what you where able to get away with in vanilla just using a simple macro though.

1 Like

Macros are able to input much faster than we humans ever could on our own, so I’m not too surprised! Maybe vanilla was originally designed without macros in mind?

Apparently the ‘Reckoning Bomb’ with Kazzak was patched out within 24 hours.

I’m curious to see their opinion of this mechanic.

Yeah it’s a bit of a meme. Yeah it works for small scale world pvp to gank someone. But it’s not like you’ll see it being used in BGs, or longer drawn out fights. It’s broken, but not to the point that it’s use breaks the game imo.

of course you’d say that as a paladin abusing it