[US][H][LFG]Experienced semi-hardcore raider returning for Shadowlands looking for guild

Hey everyone,

I go by a few names, but most people know me as Fattus. I spent the last 8 years in the military and another 2 with contract jobs leaving me with a varying schedule that didn’t allow me to join a guild to raid regularly but now I am out and ready to get back into the raiding scene.

A little about me:

I’m 29, live in Ohio, traveled the world in the back of a C-17 and have worked for SpaceX and Boeing. I really enjoy just popping into discord and having a good time with the boys. I like to crack jokes with people and tease a bit, but nothing extreme. I just want the people I am trying to find to want to have fun with the game and not treat it 100% like a job and be elitists. I am a GI Bill student, studying CompSci, right now so I have a lot of free time since school is shut down thanks COVID. In my off time I spend a lot of time with friends and family

I have been playing the game at what I can call a semi to full hardcore level since TBC. I have played about 2/3’s of the classes at that level. In TBC I was in the guild to kill Illidan, Archimonde and Kil 'Jaeden first as the lone enhancement shaman in the guild. WotLK I swapped over to DK and raided as a dual wield frost all the way through Icecrown. I finished heroic 10 and 25 man in a timely manner, but had xferred to a new server where the competition was fierce. After that I played Cataclysm in the first tier of raiding and then the burnout hit and I took a break for awhile. During the time of Cata/Early MoP was when I joined the military. I still played like I was getting ready for raiding, but always was forced to PUG because my schedule changed so frequently. I am looking again to play at a high-ish level.

I use every outside resource to my advantage, be that simulating for the best gear/talent setup, YouTube for information and advice, PAWN to get my exact upgrades needed and so on. I’m fairly familiar with how to script with WeakAuras.

In Shadowlands, I am looking to play a dot class this time around, either a Warlock or Shadow Priest. Either is fine with me at this point as they are both looking pretty solid going into the new expansion. I am 100% okay with playing an offspec for the good of the raid be that if a healer is needed I would swap with zero complaints if played a priest of maybe a mechanic is better suited to demonology.

I am also willing to xfer to wherever, but I would like to know that I would get a raid spot guaranteed before transferring.

My BNet ID is Zfattus#1983

Discord Muckle Balls#5894

Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have to ask.

Hi Fattus,

We’re looking for returning players with some prior mythic experience who want to step into a well-organized raid environment as we prepare for the upcoming expansion.

You mentioned that you use every outside resource to your advantage, and the way we operate will certainly provide you the opportunity to demonstrate that and to be surrounded by teammates who do so as well. We raid a fairly casual schedule and try to take advantage of our limited hours by coming to raid well prepared and highly organized. As an example, we use PTR testing footage and logs to create strats we’ll use during week 1. There’s an example from Ny’alotha in our recruitment information, and we also already have a guide posted for Hungering Destroyer in Castle Nathria.

Our primary organizational focus is on maintaining a positive and productive raid culture. We’re willing to make short term sacrifices like investing in a player who shows potential and needs some gear and some practice or removing a player who might be highly skilled individually but isn’t on board with playing as a team and keeping the raid culture positive.

As you can read more about in our recruitment post, this is guild is about 6 weeks old. Of the members we’re recruited in that time, nearly all have experience in at least 1 of 4 roles: armed forces, teachers, raid leaders and/or guild officers. While prior experience in one or more of those positions is not one of our recruitment or screening criteria, the way we recruit and operate has attracted and retained people who understand the value of preparation, organization, leadership and teamwork. With your prior raid experience, your desire to fully utilize resources outside the game, and your experience in the armed forces, I expect you’ll fit right in.

If those practices and values speak to you, have a look at our recruitment post and drop us an application if you like what you see, or add me on bnet at Klik#1399.

Hey there Klik. Filling out the application right now and I added you on BNet. You seem pretty damn passionate about this and I really like that. I’d love to be able to talk to you whenever you get a chance.